2019 West Finals | (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers (GSW wins 4-0)

beekay414

Who Represents the West in the 2019 NBA Finals?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who Represents the West in the 2019 NBA Finals?

• (2) Denver Nuggets
    • (1) Golden State Warriors
    • (3) Portland Trail Blazers

Just now, Art_Vandalay said:

No he isn't. The talk was about him being better than Russ, which he is. I don't think many people expected Dame to beat GS.

And I think he's a top-10 player I mean, who the hell else is in contention for "top-10" player? 

Bron

Giannis

Harden

PG

Spicy

Durant

Davis

Kawhi

Then you're in the "Idk man, Embiid I guess" territory where guys start having big flaws and most of them are fairly interchangeable. 

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

And I think he's a top-10 player I mean, who the hell else is in contention for "top-10" player? 

Bron

Giannis

Harden

PG

Spicy

Durant

Davis

Kawhi

Then you're in the "Idk man, Embiid I guess" territory where guys start having big flaws and most of them are fairly interchangeable. 

Nah. He's outside the top 10. But he's in the running for the top 15. See my list on the last page.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nah. He's outside the top 10. But he's in the running for the top 15. See my list on the last page.

I think when you get outside the clear cut "these are the guys" list it's all about fit and complementary pieces. Embiid has no mid-range, Jokic needs to do more cardio and learn some defense, Kyrie is up and down, Dame has that Kobe "I'll die shooting" mentality etc etc.

There's no real point in ranking them in with the same group but Dame is with that pack of guys who are just shy of being "the guy" which again is fairly interchangeable and that's when you have to start factoring in things beyond "he's on the team".

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Name 15 better players.

Durant

LeBron

Curry

Kawhi

Giannis

Embiid

Harden

Davis

George

Jokic

Butler

Griffin

Westbrook

Thompson

Irving

Not a fan at all of Westbrook/Irving but I think at worst their equal to Lillard.

I’d even throw in Green. I think Draymond is hands down a better player than Lillard.

Saying “he’s top 25” might have been a little too much but he’s closer to 20 than 10 imo.

26 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Durant

LeBron

Curry

Kawhi

Giannis

Embiid

Harden

Davis

George

Jokic

Butler

Griffin

Westbrook

Thompson

Irving

Not a fan at all of Westbrook/Irving but I think at worst their equal to Lillard.

I’d even throw in Green. I think Draymond is hands down a better player than Lillard.

Saying “he’s top 25” might have been a little too much but he’s closer to 20 than 10 imo.

First of all, this is CLASSIC.  People do this all the time.  A few weeks ago Lillard was the man.  Now, all of a sudden he sucks.  It's been reported he has separated ribs and he's been playing through that this series.... but nah, he still sucks bro.

Secondly, Klay Thompson?  How sweet it must be to be a pure spot up shooter who never has to create offense for himself or anyone else and is the 3rd best offensive threat on his team.  Never sees any elite defenders and nobody game plans to stop him because Durant and Curry are also on his team.

Draymond????

Are you out of your mind?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

First of all, this is CLASSIC.  People do this all the time.  A few weeks ago Lillard was the man.  Now, all of a sudden he sucks.  It's been reported he has separated ribs and he's been playing through that this series.... but nah, he still sucks bro.

Secondly, Klay Thompson?  How sweet it must be to be a pure spot up shooter who never has to create offense for himself or anyone else and is the 3rd best offensive threat on his team.  Never sees any elite defenders and nobody game plans to stop him because Durant and Curry are also on his team.

Draymond????

Klay is better. Yeah, he's not the shot creator that Dame is, but he's arguably the second best pure shooter in the NBA (well, KD probably takes that argument, so third) and is one of the best defenders.

As for Draymond, I don't think it's fair to call him better. The current Draymond is better (he's legitimately playing like one of the most valuable players in the NBA right now), but he's been majorly up and down this year. Dame gets the nod from me.

Edited by jrry32

47 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Klay is better. Yeah, he's not the shot creator that Dame is, but he's arguably the second best pure shooter in the NBA (well, KD probably takes that argument, so third) and is one of the best defenders.

As for Draymond, I don't think it's fair to call him better. The current Draymond is better (he's legitimately playing like one of the most valuable players in the NBA right now), but he's been majorly up and down this year. Dame gets the nod from me.

Klay Thompson isn't a better player.  He's a great shooter and when the guy gets hot he can be amazing.  He has very little responsibility on offense.  He can't even create his own offense, let alone create for other people.  He can't shoot off the dribble.  And he's never game planed against.  How is that better than a guy who is the #1 option?

If Klay Thompson was the #1 option on a team, saw elite defenders and was actually game planned against - he wouldn't be anywhere near as good.

It's so crazy to me that players who are 3rd options on teams who are so limited, get such high praise.  It's so silly.  Klay is awesome for what he is, I love him.  But better than Dame Lillard?  Please.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Draymond????

Nobody plans to stop Klay? So nobody ever tries to stop him when he’s running off the ball? He’s not the shot creator Dame is that’s true but he’s a great scorer, can pull up from 3, pull up midrange and is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. He has an argument. That’s foolish to say nobody plans to stop Klay. You don’t have to be a primary ball handler to have to be game planned for