Roster Cuts Thread

deltarich87

2 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Even in our situation I'm not sure I have interest. Has to be one of Ted's worst picks. Harrell and Sherrod are big injury question marks, Jones just isn't very good.

He's a lot better than Fackrell, Elliott and Gilbert tho... I would take him back if he's cheap.

Except he's not. He can't really play OLB unless it's just a stand up DE, and he's not been able to put on the weight to actually play DE. He's a tweener here with no real spot unless you are going to specially design packages for him, and he's not good enough for that to be worth it.

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Think GB's roster currently stands at 71. Biegel likely starting on PUP and Goodson as well(unless he's just cut which I don't really see any place for him on the roster anyway) that leaves them with 16 more cuts to go.

There really isn't a reason to release Goodson before we have to.  The guy is pretty good on special teams.

sadface.jpg cutting Donatello Brown.

33 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think "They have 4 WRs who they'd be interested in having on the PS" probably makes it easier to cut all of them.  Some of those guys will get claimed, sure, but you wouldn't want like half your PS to be one position anyway.

This is not the first time that the Packers have cut a good WR.  Go back to Ruvell, Swain, Myles White.  All of these guys had a place in the league.  If any of the cut WRs are good enough, they will find a spot.  Or if they stick around here, how much will the team really give to keep Janis around?

With the new cut system - I gotta think its tougher to bring in other teams young guys and have time to see if they can fit. We are in regular season mode now. Veterans could be another matter of course. I assume all of our young guys will have an easier time going thru waivers and to the PS for that reason too

Archived