Roster Cuts Thread

deltarich87

Another vet OL on the market

of course, he did say this just a few months back lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2724507-alex-boone-says-packers-will-play-in-super-bowl-over-my-dead-f-king-body

When asked about the possibility of the Green Bay Packers playing in Super Bowl LII at the Minnesota Vikings' home venue of U.S. Bank Stadium this season, Vikes guard Alex Boone made it clear Friday that he doesn't intend to let that happen.

According to Matthew Coller of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities, Boone responded, "Over my dead f--king body," in reference to the Pack representing the NFC in the biggest game of the year.

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The Yancey pick was bad from day 1. 

In other news, Datone being placed on IR and likely will be waived by Vikings. I'd take him back id he's willing to come back...he can have Fackrell's spot.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21499533#21499533

Your one post on it right after the fact really seems like you thought it was a bad pick. Jesus Christ.

16 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Except he's not. He can't really play OLB unless it's just a stand up DE, and he's not been able to put on the weight to actually play DE. He's a tweener here with no real spot unless you are going to specially design packages for him, and he's not good enough for that to be worth it.

I'm not worried about all the semantics. The guy led the team in pressures last year did he not? Do you have any reason to believe those other 3 guys would combine for that production? Gilbert was the only guy all preseason who could beat a 2nd/3rd string tackle. 

If Jones comes cheap, you add him, keep Gilbert and let Fackrell go play in the CFL.

18 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Except he's not. He can't really play OLB unless it's just a stand up DE, and he's not been able to put on the weight to actually play DE. He's a tweener here with no real spot unless you are going to specially design packages for him, and he's not good enough for that to be worth it.

Yeah, I'd say Datone is pretty easily a better OLB than Elliott and Fackrell.  Gilbert could end up better but he's never played a real game so who knows.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not worried about all the semantics. The guy led the team in pressures last year did he not? Do you have any reason to believe those other 3 guys would combine for that production? Gilbert was the only guy all preseason who could beat a 2nd/3rd string tackle. 

If Jones comes cheap, you add him, keep Gilbert and let Fackrell go play in the CFL.

Yeah but he didn't sign my autograph. He's a scumbag.

Updated list of cuts so far

– LS Derek Hart (released on Monday)
– RB William Stanback (released on Monday)
– WR Colby Pearson (released on Monday)
– DT Calvin Heurtelou
– RB Kalif Phillips
– CB Daquan Holmes
– LB David Talley
– TE Aaron Peck
– OL Thomas Evans
– S Aaron Taylor
– OLB Johnathan Calvin
– ILB Cody Heiman
–OG Geoff Gray
–CB Raysean Pringle
–DT Isaiah Lunsford
–QB Joe Callahan
–TE Emanuel Byrd
–QB Taysom Hill
–WR Malachi Dupre
–ILB Derrick Matthews
–WR DeAngelo Yancey
–OL Adam Pankey
–CB Donatello Brown
–WR Max McCaffrey
–WR Michael Clark
–DT Brian Price

Just now, packfanfb said:

Had no problem with taking a WR. Think its pretty unanimous though that he was a reach. 

Well you didn't seem to say that then. Hell I didn't like the pick either, tbh. Boot gonna go wow terrible pick from the start just because he got cut though.

Hope he makes PS regardless

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

– DT Calvin Heurtelou
– RB Kalif Phillips
– CB Daquan Holmes
– LB David Talley
– TE Aaron Peck
– OL Thomas Evans
– S Aaron Taylor
– OLB Johnathan Calvin
– ILB Cody Heiman
–OG Geoff Gray
–CB Raysean Pringle
–DT Isaiah Lunsford
–QB Joe Callahan
–TE Emanuel Byrd
–QB Taysom Hill
–WR Malachi Dupre
–ILB Derrick Matthews
–WR DeAngelo Yancey
–OL Adam Pankey
–CB Donatello Brown
–WR Max McCaffrey
–WR Michael Clark
–DT Brian Price

26 by my count there.  Total of 37 need to be release is that corrent, or where they at 89?

yea I think often fans get caught up in wr-fever anytime a wr makes a couple good plays in the preseason, just because it's easier to notice a good play or 2 at that position vs, DL for instance. plenty of times in the past, these types of guys that fans have swooned over in a small sample end up doing nothing in the league. 

at any rate, it's just not practical to keep an extra 2-3 guys at a given position due to roster size limits. 

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

– DT Calvin Heurtelou
– RB Kalif Phillips
– CB Daquan Holmes
– LB David Talley
– TE Aaron Peck
– OL Thomas Evans
– S Aaron Taylor
– OLB Johnathan Calvin
– ILB Cody Heiman
–OG Geoff Gray
–CB Raysean Pringle