Roster Cuts Thread

deltarich87

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Price is the first truly surprisely cut for me. Thought he would make it. Maybe good news for Adams coming back?

Adams may still be placed on IR, but he can't yet until he's locked in on the 53-man roster so he'd be eligible to return

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Is the deadline 400 Eastern time?   If so, only 15 minutes to go.  

I'm curious, does anybody know the penalty for not making it? Not saying we won't (I'm sure there are some who've been cut we just haven't heard about yet), just wondering

Jones wouldn't hurt to back us up. I really wanted him to succeed at DE tho, wasn't a fan when the pack made him stand up, even if he played decent there. Gotta wonder why the Viqueens let him go, he must of not played well, or are they just stacked with pass rushers?

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I would take D Jones back just to have another body at OLB and in pass rush situations.  cant have enough of them.... even the mediocre ones

Unlikely.  I believe Datone Jones (the person) is keeping Datone Jones (the player) from returning to Titletown

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I want (Datone Jones) back. This website hates him though.

All things considered, I don't consider Jones to have been a bust. 

Anyway, as I was typing this, I learned he was placed on IR by the Vikings, and Rapaport says they'll likely reach an injury settlement, so we could very easily bring him back. 

Edit: I just learned that people were actually discussing bringing him back.  I was wondering why we were talking about him. 

12 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Ringo played well this preseason and offered more of a pass rush threat than Price would

The first casualty from my 53. The Ringo/Price was a toss-up in my mind, but if I had crowd-sourced it Ringo would have had the edge I suppose.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Is the deadline 400 Eastern time?   If so, only 15 minutes to go.  

3 minutes ago, spilltray said:

We won't hear them all for a few hours though, at least.

Correct. Deadline is 4 PM EST but some teams take an hour or 2 before they reveal their 53-man rosters. GB notoriously takes a while lol

1 minute ago, blueswedeshoes said:

The first casualty from my 53. The Ringo/Price was a toss-up in my mind, but if I had crowd-sourced it Ringo would have had the edge I suppose.

Yeah they were a toss-up for me too but I opted for Ringo because GB probably wanted to keep the DLineman who has more to offer as far as rushing the passer goes, especially with how weak the OLB depth is

5 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Yeah they were a toss-up for me too but I opted for Ringo because GB probably wanted to keep the DLineman who has more to offer as far as rushing the passer goes, especially with how weak the OLB depth is

I had both, but had Adams to the IR, forgot that in order to return from IR, they needed to be on the original 53, then move to IR.  

Archived