Roster Cuts Thread

deltarich87

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

It only works for people named Clay Matthews lol

They got some decent snaps out of guys like Nate Palmer and Brad Jones at ILB, and those guys were OLBs first.  Jake Ryan was an OLB in college, they just moved him inside right away (OLB in a 3-3 stack, so it's not directly comparable, but still.)

I'm glad we kept Pipkins.  Shields, Williams, Gunter, Pipkins plus all the ones I can't think of right now... We are pretty much going to have our pick with whichever undrafted cornerbacks there are out there due to how frequently they make the team.  That's one thing that Ted Thompson doesn't get enough credit for.  Constantly keeping undrafted free agents on the 53 man roster makes every undrafted free agent want to sign with us over other teams. 

Just now, blueswedeshoes said:

Did Pipkins outplay Hawkins? Hawkins is fast and made some plays.

I have Hawkins as a lock. He's showed potential each of the past 2 seasons and is ultra athletic. Good to keep him around and develop him under Joe Whitt.  I'm assuming GB is keeping 7 CB's with Pipkins supposedly making the 53-man roster

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

They got some decent snaps out of guys like Nate Palmer and Brad Jones at ILB, and those guys were OLBs first.  Jake Ryan was an OLB in college, they just moved him inside right away (OLB in a 3-3 stack, so it's not directly comparable, but still.)

GB has a pattern of OLB converting to ILB.   Hawk, Plamer, Jones, Lattimore, Ryan.  

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

They got some decent snaps out of guys like Nate Palmer and Brad Jones at ILB, and those guys were OLBs first.  Jake Ryan was an OLB in college, they just moved him inside right away.

Ya I didn't count Jake because he played it right away. It just doesn't transition well unless you got athleticism/play recognition  like Clay has,  Palmer/Jones/Bradford didn't last long after they switched.

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Ya I didn't count Jake because he played it right away. It just doesn't transition well unless you got athleticism/play recognition  like Clay has,  Palmer/Jones/Bradford didn't last long after they switched.

ILB is an instincts position.  Read it before you see it.  Not sure that Clay is that good in that regard, but he is aggressive and makes some plays by guessing/being aggressive, but can also get himself out of position at times with that process.

Archived