Roster Cuts Thread

deltarich87

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Definitely.  We really could have used somebody else to compete with Fackrell in the fifth-ish round.  Was not impressed with our decision to go with so many skill position players so late because I didn't see the point. 

Well we did but his foot  was messed up

16 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Definitely.  We really could have used somebody else to compete with Fackrell in the fifth-ish round. 

Who though?  The thing about pass rushers is that they go high in the draft, and continue to go fairly high until the well goes dry.  Every team needs them and you can't get enough.

There were, by my count, 15 EDGE guys drafted before Biegel, and about 10 after (3 of which went before Green Bay took Yancey.)  By my count, Biegel and Lawson were the last two guys who could contribute this year, and Biegel has more upside.

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Who though?  The thing about pass rushers is that they go high in the draft, and continue to go fairly high until the well goes dry.  Every team needs them and you can't get enough.

There were, by my count, 15 edge guys drafted before Biegel, and about 10 after (3 of which went before Green Bay took Yancey.)  By my count, Biegel and Lawson were the last two guys who could contribute this year, and Biegel has more upside.

Ftfy

So we really didn't have any surprise cuts. We had some surprise keeps.

M Adams is only on the roster to get him to IR. He is holding a place for Brooks.

Ten seems like a lot for the OL. That may change before game day. Next year I will have to remember to check my 53 prediction for at least one UDFA. The team knows that streak of UDFA players making the final roster gives them an edge in the hours after the draft.

54 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Pipkins could be in jeopardy of getting dumped in the next day or so.  McCray as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the RBs gets shown the door by the time that Allison returns from suspension as well.

Just now, ReadyToThump said:

I'm surprised Lenzy Pipkins made it after the game he had last Thursday. Likethe potential with him though.

I like the way he plays and hope he doesn't get snatched up by another team if he is released.  The level of quality in his play is similar to that of Gunter's in his first season.

3 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

I like the way he plays and hope he doesn't get snatched up by another team if he is released.  The level of quality in his play is similar to that of Gunter's in his first season.

I like his style aswell. It's funny, I was watching the game at the bar with one of my buddies and mentioned that I could see Pipkins making the roster. Then he played subpar and I instantly had second thoughts. Donatello Brown was the other guy I really had my eye on. 

56 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There were, by my count, 15 EDGE guys drafted before Biegel, and about 10 after (3 of which went before Green Bay took Yancey.)  By my count, Biegel and Lawson were the last two guys who could contribute this year, and Biegel has more upside.

Just skimming through the results, we really only had at TJ Watt if we wanted a pass rusher, but Kevin King fits the need very well.  What I was suggesting, maybe trade the Yancey pick and the Amichia pick to move up to where maybe the Falcons picked in the 4th for Sean Harlow (I admit, I don't know if the value is equal, if they would do the trade, or how Harlow played).  Get someone that might have a better shot at impacting the team, rather than 2 WRs and a 3rd RB.

I think as a general rule you spend high picks on defensive players  because athleticism is a premium on defense and good athletes go high and then you throw stuff at the wall on offensive players later.  Like you can't fault GB for taking 3 RBs in a deep RB class any more than you  can fault them for the Adams/Abby/Janis draft in a deep WR class.

Archived