Roster Cuts Thread

deltarich87

10 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Adams may still be placed on IR, but he can't yet until he's locked in on the 53-man roster so he'd be eligible to return

The final 53 was complicated by some of those arcane rules. I left Adams off thinking he would go to IR.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure how you can justify cutting Gilbert and keeping Fackrell. TT should be required to explain that one. 

I feel ya, but there is a deeper math and magic that involves draft position and "Packer people" voodoo. Fackrell gets released next off-season if he continues looking as polite and Wonder bread as he did this preseason.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure how you can justify cutting Gilbert and keeping Fackrell.

Fackrell has upside as an ILB conversion (he's long and quick and decent in coverage).  Gilbert is a guy whose game is predicated on technique and efficiency of motion, but his lack of athleticism is going to be even more of a problem inside.  Fackrell's just a better mover in space.

Elliott I get they just gave a nice bonus to him but there was nothing that Fackrell did this preseason to earn a spot over Gilbert other than "he's a 3rd rd pick". In the end it's not really a move that moves the needle in any one direction since all 3 of these guys are fringe players anyway.

Archived