2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

The NYK have two max salary slots open and cant get first on anybodies "I wanna go there" list.
The league would be better off with a competitive team in The Garden. If Kawhi doesnt come to the LAL - he should go there :)

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Charlotte isn't even offering Kaminsky a qualifying offer, making him.an unrestricted free agent.

Remember when they turned down like 25 1st round picks for him from the Celtics?

No, because that didn't actually happen. 

9 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

No, because that didn't actually happen. 

Yes it did. Even Ainge admitted it without getting into the details, saying it was best for Boston that Charlotte didn't accept because their offer got out of hand.

Zach Lowe reported it was #15 (had a trade in place with Atlanta), #16, future Nets 1st, and choice of future Grizzlies 1st or Timberwolves' 1st.

Edited by seminoles1

13 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yes it did. Even Ainge admitted it without getting into the details, saying it was best for Boston that Charlotte didn't accept because their offer got out of hand.

Zach Lowe reported it was #15 (had a trade in place with Atlanta), #16, future Nets 1st, and choice of future Grizzlies 1st or Timberwolves' 1st.

Kaminsky said last year during a podcast that it was 15 and the future nets pick. Not 4.

It was dumb regardless but it wasn't 4 picks.

17 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Kaminsky said last year during a podcast that it was 15 and the future nets pick. Not 4.

Ainge said the day of the draft:

"There was a time when I thought, 'Woah, this is getting a little out of control.' We're putting a lot of eggs in one young player's basket."

Does that sound like 1 future 1st to you? Kaminsky 3 years later isn't even close to a reliable source.

Curtis Polk said after the draft that they turned down future picks, not 1 future pick. They turned it down because they essentially didn't scout anyone after their top 9.

Edited by seminoles1

25 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Off topic but I remember pushing for Charlotte to draft Booker that year and two years later you said it's fine, Booker will be like Klay Thompson and Kaminsky will be like Kevin Love. 

Again not relevant to the conversation, but something that was said lol. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Off topic but I remember pushing for Charlotte to draft Booker that year and two years later you said it's fine, Booker will be like Klay Thompson and Kaminsky will be like Kevin Love. 

Again not relevant to the conversation, but something that was said lol. 

I don't think I ever said Kaminsky would turn in to Kevin Love.

I might have said that's how they see him but I didn't say he was the next Kevin Love.

And apparently both were way off.

17 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Ainge said the day of the draft:

"There was a time when I thought, 'Woah, this is getting a little out of control.' We're putting a lot of eggs in one young player's basket."

Does that sound like 1 future 1st to you? Kaminsky 3 years later isn't even close to a reliable source.

Curtis Polk said after the draft that they turned down future picks, not 1 future pick. They turned it down because they essentially didn't scout anyone after their top 9.

And neither is Ainge. 

But it isn't really important now.