2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah man, Brogdon is terrible and Rubio is so much better!!!

(I realize you were being sarcastic but...) I don't think Rubio is better however Brogden was overpaid and a little overrated if for no other reason than his durability.

26 minutes ago, showtime said:

Jalen Rose also said that Kevin Durant will go to the Knicks and it doesn't make any sense for him to go to the "B team in the New York market"

People really don't know the difference between an opinion and them reporting something, do they?

This happens too much. 

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

People really don't know the difference between an opinion and them reporting something, do they?

This happens too much. 

When you say it's a '99% chance x happens' that is not supposed to be an opinion. 

People give opinions and try to disguise them as facts all of the time. 

30 minutes ago, N4L said:

When you say it's a '99% chance x happens' that is not supposed to be an opinion. 

Yeah, I know. His Kawhi to Raps isn't an opinion segment. He is saying based on info...

The KD segment is 'where do you think he is gonna go', speculation.

He does a TV show 5x a week (?), of course he is going to speculate where the biggest FAs are gonna go.

@seminoles1 So what exactly is Memphis's plan? You don't think they'll keep Avery Bradley, correct? He's only owed $2 Million of the $12 Million hit. They have about a billion wings on that roster right now. I believe they have 16 players under contract right now and that doesn't include Delon Wright (RFA) nor does it include Brandon Clarke. They're definitely going to trade/waive Crowder and Iguodala, right? Would figure, to get down to 15 men, they also waive Bradley too.

They do all that, who starts at the 2? Would they run Ja and Delon out there together with Melton as the back-up PG? Something like...

Morant | Melton
Wright | Brooks | Miles | Allen
Jackson | Anderson | Hill | Caboclo
Jackson Jr | Rabb | Clarke
Valanciunas | Plumlee

or am I way off base here?

4 hours ago, N4L said:

We dont know that Rose's comment was opinion.

"What I'm 99% hearing is that Kawhi Leonard will be returning to Toronto ..."

Based on whomever he was talking to (presuming he was.......) that comment could be 100% correct.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

@seminoles1 So what exactly is Memphis's plan? You don't think they'll keep Avery Bradley, correct? He's only owed $2 Million of the $12 Million hit. They have about a billion wings on that roster right now. I believe they have 16 players under contract right now and that doesn't include Delon Wright (RFA) nor does it include Brandon Clarke. They're definitely going to trade/waive Crowder and Iguodala, right? Would figure, to get down to 15 men, they also waive Bradley too.

They do all that, who starts at the 2? Would they run Ja and Delon out there together with Melton as the back-up PG? Something like...

Morant | Melton
Wright | Brooks | Miles | Allen
Jackson | Anderson | Hill | Caboclo
Jackson Jr | Rabb | Clarke
Valanciunas | Plumlee

or am I way off base here?

No, you're right on target. New management has been in asset accumulation mode since the change up this summer and I ******* love it.

Bradley is a goner 1 way or another. I'm sure they're hoping someone will trade for him, but he'll end up being waived.

Crowder and Iguodala were never long for the Grizzlies. Iguodala is already on the trade block. They don't want to buy him out. If someone doesn't trade for him then they want to keep him as a veteran presence with championship pedigree for the young players on the team. Crowder will be sought after by plenty of playoff teams, so they'll sell to the highest bidder.

The plan has always been to bring Wright back, but after getting Morant, that drove down his value to Memphis. I think Wright is waiting to see if he can get a better offer after Kawhi picks.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

No, you're right on target. New management has been in asset accumulation mode since the change up this summer and I ******* love it.

Bradley is a goner 1 way or another. I'm sure they're hoping someone will trade for him, but he'll end up being waived.

Crowder and Iguodala were never long for the Grizzlies. Iguodala is already on the trade block. They don't want to buy him out. If someone doesn't trade for him then they want to keep him as a veteran presence with championship pedigree for the young players on the team. Crowder will be sought after by plenty of playoff teams, so they'll sell to the highest bidder.

The plan has always been to bring Wright back, but after getting Morant, that drove down his value to Memphis. I think Wright is waiting to see if he can get a better offer after Kawhi picks.

Yeah I don’t see why Grizzlies should be in a rush to buyout/waive Bradley, Iguodala or Crowder. Contenders will pay for those dudes at the deadline at the very least.

Chris Broussard:  Kawhi Update: Raptors had strong meeting yesterday. Drake heavily involved. Talked of having Kawhi involved w/his OVO record label. Kawhi in deep soul searching. Wants Lakers but wants to make sure Big 3 will fit/work. Clippers out. It’s btwn Lakers & Raptors. Very close.

Archived