2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

9 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

If I’m a Raptors fan, idgaf. My team won the championship last year. Our first ever. I’d retire kawhi’s number. It was the ballsiest all in move and it worked. If that was the Kings? I’d just be drunk during games for the next 5 years.

There’s certainly a lot of that but it’s still pretty disappointing. The banner hangs for life I’d retire his jersey idk if that’s a weird move or not but whatever. I’m more than happy and thankful but still it would have been sweet to have him for at least one more year and try and do it again. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

This is true. He is extremely tight with him and his family and even helped them along they way and desperately wanted to try and trade up and draft him but was unable to do so. Probably a pipe dream unless things go badly in Milwaukee and they under preform. Not gonna hold my breath on this but I’ll think about it in the event that Milwaukee does flame out in the playoffs these next two seasons. 

The way things are now? Nothings a pipe dream. Yeah - I get TOR has some inherent / built in issues that are tough - not discounting that at all and as a Packer fan can commiserate - but from the sounds of it the organizations solid - so who knows. Best of luck to you/them.

3 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

There’s certainly a lot of that but it’s still pretty disappointing. The banner hangs for life I’d retire his jersey idk if that’s a weird move or not but whatever. I’m more than happy and thankful but still it would have been sweet to have him for at least one more year and try and do it again. 

It’s better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all my friend. 

Id gladly change places! Now I’m trying to get the kings to move out east instead 😂

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

The way things are now? Nothings a pipe dream. Yeah - I get TOR has some inherent / built in issues that are tough - not discounting that at all and as a Packer fan can commiserate - but from the sounds of it the organizations solid - so who knows. Best of luck to you/them.

The whole Toronto thing is definitely not as bad as it was but it’s kinda disappointing that’s is still an issue. I can’t help but feel that if Toronto was located in America it would legit be a FA destination. I don’t wanna get into this but you get what I’m saying. 

Kawhi could have stayed and he very well might have if the clippers didn’t make this crazy godfather deal for PG. I think basically any other star that would have had that same season and same result probably would have. Kawhi is just different and that’s cool. 

Toronto’s front office is one of if not the best in the league. It’s why I’m not completely in ruins right now because I’ve seen what he can do and I know he can do it again and I know the respect he has around the league. I have complete trust and faith in him. Had he accepted a godfather deal to go to Washington and we had nothing I’d have no hope going forward I’d be like well that was it maybe we’ll have a second chance at a title in another 25 years and 6 GMs removed. 

8 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

It’s better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all my friend. 

Id gladly change places! Now I’m trying to get the kings to move out east instead 😂

The Sacramento Raptors may have actually been able to keep Kawhi haha

4 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

The whole Toronto thing is definitely not as bad as it was but it’s kinda disappointing that’s is still an issue. I can’t help but feel that if Toronto was located in America it would legit be a FA destination. I don’t wanna get into this but you get what I’m saying. 

Kawhi could have stayed and he very well might have if the clippers didn’t make this crazy godfather deal for PG. I think basically any other star that would have had that same season and same result probably would have. Kawhi is just different and that’s cool. 

Toronto’s front office is one of if not the best in the league. It’s why I’m not completely in ruins right now because I’ve seen what he can do and I know he can do it again and I know the respect he has around the league. I have complete trust and faith in him. Had he accepted a godfather deal to go to Washington and we had nothing I’d have no hope going forward I’d be like well that was it maybe we’ll have a second chance at a title in another 25 years and 6 GMs removed. 

Well.....TOR has added a Championship trophy to it's resume which the majority of other cities cant lay claim to.

To paraphrase another posters comment: "It's better to have been there / done that then to have never been there at all"

Phew! :)

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well.....TOR has added a Championship trophy to it's resume which the majority of other cities cant lay claim to.

To paraphrase another posters comment: "It's better to have been there / done that then to have never been there at all"

Phew! :)

Exactly taking perhaps the biggest possible gamble they could have taken even with the end result it was 100% worth it and I make that deal 1000/1000 times. 

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:
On 7/4/2019 at 3:38 PM, DoleINGout said:

I'm pretty sure he will sign with the Clippers.

Called it on the fourth. Had a feeling.

Nice call.

I thought it was a 2 team race cause the guys they talked about Kawhi possibly teaming up with had signed already like KD and Butler.

Credit to the Clippers for pulling it off.

Archived