2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

LA has the top two teams and the west collectively has the top five teams in the NBA this season.

Agreed.  But Golden State is going to have something to say about that once Klay comes back.  The west is wide open between those three teams and then Houston in the 4th spot.  All the other teams in the west aren't championship contenders.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don't think the Lakers are a top 3 team in the West. Give me Utah and Denver over them.

Utah and Denver are both really good teams, but in the playoffs you need a superstar.  Depth means less and less because rotations gets shortened vs in the regular season.  The Lakers have LeBron James and Anthony Davis.  Utah is a really good team, but they don't have anyone close to being a superstar on that roster.  Hell, they might have a better regular season record than the Lakers, but they're not beating the Lakers in the playoffs.

I'll give more respect to Denver than I will to Utah just because Jokic is truth.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was a difference maker in the finals? He averaged 8.3 ppg on 36% FG and was getting punked by Gasol so bad that they had to play Looney over him...

Did you read what I said?

It's absolutely inarguable that Cousins had super impressive stretches and the Warriors would have been in huge trouble without him. He also had serious troubles for huge stretches, I'm not arguing that. He was coming off a torn muscle, of course he would be inconsistent and mostly struggle. 

If you watched the Finals and came away with Cousins being a complete negative then you don't know basketball.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Agreed.  But Golden State is going to have something to say about that once Klay comes back.  The west is wide open between those three teams and then Houston in the 4th spot.  All the other teams in the west aren't championship contenders.

If Klay is back to himself and Curry, Draymond, Looney stay healthy, then with DAngelo Russell, (should he remain), the Warriors are absolutely going to be in the conversation for the best team in the NBA playoffs. However that is a huge IF. Right now, they're seventh for me:

1. Clippers

2. Lakers

3. Nuggets

4. Jazz

5. Rockets

6. Trailblazers

7. Warriors

8. Spurs

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

It's absolutely inarguable that Cousins had super impressive stretches and the Warriors would have been in huge trouble without him. He also had serious troubles for huge stretches, I'm not arguing that. He was coming off a torn muscle, of course he would be inconsistent and mostly struggle. 

If you watched the Finals and came away with Cousins being a complete negative then you don't know basketball.

That doesn't fit his narrative

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Agreed.  Also, having a full off-season, camps and being able to get in the mix early will be helpful to him.  Sucks to see someone have to take min deals when he's so much more than that as a player due to a serious injury.  Hopefully he can stay healthy and prosper this upcoming season.

I agree with Lowe, too.  He should probably come off the bench, but play starters minutes.  Somewhat like GInobili.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was a difference maker in the finals? He averaged 8.3 ppg on 36% FG and was getting punked by Gasol so bad that they had to play Looney over him...

Keyword: at times

they don’t win game 2 without him. 

Its funny to decide a player’s career is over year 1 after coming off an injury in which he actually bounced back well from. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

But overall he wasn't a huge difference maker in the Finals. And that's a fact unless you think inefficient scoring and getting toasted in P-N-R is making a difference? 

Archived