2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Dallas needs to stop chasing overrated stars. 

They haven't gotten any in a long time. Only a 2 year commitment (3rd year team option) and he's gone by the time of Luka's extension if it doesn't work out.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They haven't gotten any in a long time. Only a 2 year commitment (3rd year team option) and he's gone by the time of Luka's extension if it doesn't work out.

They don’t need another scoring big. KP is going to get their crunch time center minutes. You can’t play those 2 together or you get killed on defense. 

22 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They don’t need another scoring big. KP is going to get their crunch time center minutes. You can’t play those 2 together or you get killed on defense. 

True, but any team with Cousins sucks on defense anyways haha.

On second thought, his attitude and who don't mesh with Luka at all. But they need talent and don't have draft picks to really help with that and I can't think of another free agent they'd be able to pull.

Edited by seminoles1

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

True, but any team with Cousins sucks on defense anyways haha.

On second thought, his attitude and who don't mesh with Luka at all. But they need talent and don't have draft picks to really help with that and I can't think of another free agent they'd be able to pull.

After sitting on the KP trade for a while I think it was actually pretty great for the Knicks. They may not capitalize on it, but we’ll see

On 5/17/2019 at 12:35 PM, beekay414 said:

Disagree completely. I'd argue RJ Barrett is a better asset than Tatum and NY's secondary pieces are more appealing. 

What would NY's package be? Securing RJ would definitely make Zion a lot happier about going to New Orleans, they're best friends. 

17 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Khris Middleton should be their number one target in FA. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What would NY's package be? Securing RJ would definitely make Zion a lot happier about going to New Orleans, they're best friends. 

#3 (Barrett), Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox and one of DSJ/Ntilikina/Trier along with pick(s).

Barrett >= Tatum (and further away from a payday)
Robinson > Williams (this one is really easy for me)
DSJ = Brown (both are close to paydays so they are borderline irrelevant to the deal for me)
Knox > whatever 4th fiddle the C's wanna throw at them
Picks are picks (plus the future classes kinda suck anyways)

Edited by beekay414

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What makes you so confident that Barrett is a better/more valuable piece than Tatum?

Tatum is solid but he was literally the worst isolation player in the league with over 100 ISO attempts. His ceiling is more of a #2 than a lead scorer (and there's no shame in that). I think Barrett still has that #1 scorer upside. He can score in more ways that Tatum IMO. His shot still needs work but a lot of his problems come from taking ill advised shots. I think you can coach that out of him as he really wasn't like that in HS. He was far more aggressive attacking the basket than he was settling for 3s. He's also a better facilitator than Tatum. Both have their warts though. 

It's really close between the two for me so the biggest factor is how much further away Barrett is from getting paid. 

Edited by beekay414

41 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Tatum is solid but he was literally the worst isolation player in the league with over 100 ISO attempts. His ceiling is more of a #2 than a lead scorer (and there's no shame in that). I think Barrett still has that #1 scorer upside. He can score in more ways that Tatum IMO. His shot still needs work but a lot of his problems come from taking ill advised shots. I think you can coach that out of him as he really wasn't like that in HS. He was far more aggressive attacking the basket than he was settling for 3s. He's also a better facilitator than Tatum. Both have their warts though. 

It's really close between the two for me so the biggest factor is how much further away Barrett is from getting paid. 

I hate when somebody takes just a part stat and make some overall impression with it heard Tatum was also second to only  Leonard in the playoffs and knocking down open shots srill Tatem is still an excellent Defender a very good Creator and has proven to have the ability to step his game up. RJ hasn't even played a single game yet and somehow we are making a comparison that is pretty laughable

Edited by resilient part 2

10 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I hate when somebody takes just a part stat and make some overall impression with it heard Tatum was also second to only Qui Leonard in the playoffs and knocking down open shots spirit totem is still an excellent Defender a very good Creator and has proven to have the ability to step his game up. Solid hasn't even played a single game yet and somehow we are making a comparison that is pretty laughable

Zion hasn't played a single game yet. Guess Tatum is more valuable than him too. You don't have to play a game to be gauged as an asset. Tatum is also 2 years from a huge contract, if he's as good as you think. That's gotta be factored in as well. 

You act like I'm just making **** up and I don't watch the games. Take off your shades lol. 

NY's package is better than Boston's. That's all that matters. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 1:09 PM, MookieMonstah said:

The Knicks and Celtics have much better packages for AD. Heck, Denver and Portland could make better offers than LA.

The LA package is CRAP and for the Pelicans fans I really hope they don't end up taking it. In a trade for a guy like AD you shoot for the guy with the biggest upside. Brandon Ingram is the only guy with upside in the Lakers deal and I think his upside is like...a decent #3 guy on a great squad.

Your hate is strong.  It's fun.