2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Zion hasn't played a single game yet. Guess Tatum is more valuable than him too. 

You act like I'm just making **** up and I don't watch the games. Take off your shades lol. 

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Zion hasn't played a single game yet. Guess Tatum is more valuable than him too. 

You act like I'm just making **** up and I don't watch the games. Take off your shades lol. 

Number one, I watch Games as well

Number two, most people in the league and most fans would agree that Tatum may turn into a top-10 player in this league.

Number three. Zion needs to prove himself as well but why you can debate all you want on his potential. There is no debate on Jayson Tatum vs. RJ Barrett. So maybe you should take the shades off cuz you are obviously full of Glee because of your current team success. I'm happy for you but has nothing to do with anything elseB|

Edited by resilient part 2

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Your hate is strong.  It's fun.

It’s not. I don’t hate the Lakers, they’ve been irrelevant for 10 years. It’s just facts, Zach Lowe had a good discussion about it on his podcast. The Lakers package is basically a collection of role players, it’s not what you want for a guy like AD.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Tatum is solid but he was literally the worst isolation player in the league with over 100 ISO attempts. His ceiling is more of a #2 than a lead scorer (and there's no shame in that). I think Barrett still has that #1 scorer upside. He can score in more ways that Tatum IMO. His shot still needs work but a lot of his problems come from taking ill advised shots. I think you can coach that out of him as he really wasn't like that in HS. He was far more aggressive attacking the basket than he was settling for 3s. He's also a better facilitator than Tatum. Both have their warts though. 

It's really close between the two for me so the biggest factor is how much further away Barrett is from getting paid. 

I don’t disagree that Barrett will be on the same level as Tatum, it’s why I think the Knicks package is so attractive but I highly disagree that Barrett can score more ways than Tatum. Guarantee this season was an anomaly in terms of ISO for Tatum, he ranked highly last year as a rookie. He’s a better shooter than Barrett and has a super diverse offensive game. 

Celtics fans might overrate Tatum, we definitely do to an extent, but other fans 100% underrate him because he struggled to adjust as a 20 year old from the #1 guy in a playoff run having the offense run through him to a #4 dude who didn’t know when he’d touch the ball again. I still fully believe Tatum has #1 guy upside, wherever he ends up.

21 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Number one, I watch Games as well

Number two, most people in the league and most fans would agree that Tatum may turn into a top-10 player in this league.

Number three. Zion needs to prove himself as well but why you can debate all you want on his potential. There is no debate on Jayson Tatum vs. RJ Barrett. So maybe you should take the shades off cuz you are obviously full of Glee because of your current team success. I'm happy for you but has nothing to do with anything elseB|

There obviously is if we're having a debate over it now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t disagree that Barrett will be on the same level as Tatum, it’s why I think the Knicks package is so attractive but I highly disagree that Barrett can score more ways than Tatum. Guarantee this season was an anomaly in terms of ISO for Tatum, he ranked highly last year as a rookie. He’s a better shooter than Barrett and has a super diverse offensive game. 

Celtics fans might overrate Tatum, we definitely do to an extent, but other fans 100% underrate him because he struggled to adjust as a 20 year old from the #1 guy in a playoff run having the offense run through him to a #4 dude who didn’t know when he’d touch the ball again. I still fully believe Tatum has #1 guy upside, wherever he ends up.

As with any futures debate, we'll see. I've always been a Tatum guy so it's not like I'm speaking out of spite. I think Barrett is a 25 PPG type while I have Tatum in the 20 PPG range. It'll be fun to progress though. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

As with any futures debate, we'll see. I've always been a Tatum guy so it's not like I'm speaking out of spite. I think Barrett is a 25 PPG type while I have Tatum in the 20 PPG range. It'll be fun to progress though. 

For sure.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:09 PM, MookieMonstah said:

I think it's more likely than ever. New Orleans is drooling at the thought of a "rebuild" around Tatum, Zion and Jrue.

What's appealing about Boston w/o Kyrie and Tatum? You think Ainge would risk losing Tatum for a potential 1-year rental?

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

#3 (Barrett), Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox and one of DSJ/Ntilikina/Trier along with pick(s).

So with this trade their young core would be: 

Zion Williamson 

RJ Barrett 

Kevin Knox

Dennis Smith Jr 

Mitchell Robinson 

Frank Jackson

Jahlil Okafor 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So with this trade their young core would be: 

Zion Williamson 

RJ Barrett 

Kevin Knox

Dennis Smith Jr 

Mitchell Robinson 

Frank Jackson

Jahlil Okafor 

Eh, Smith shouldn't be considered a core piece in this scenario. Not the right PG for that team.

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Eh, Smith shouldn't be considered a core piece in this scenario. Not the right PG for that team.

I agree. Barrett, Zion, and Knox would be the 3 building blocks and you'd have Robinson as a potential building block, best case scenario he becomes a DJ type player. They'd still need to find the right PG long-term assuming they move on from Jrue in the next year or two. But that's an interesting trio to build around IMO. 3 long, athletic, and versatile wings at the 2-4 that can all switch defensively and should all improve their offensive versatility too. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

What's appealing about Boston w/o Kyrie and Tatum? You think Ainge would risk losing Tatum for a potential 1-year rental?

Yes. I do. I also think Kyrie stays at this point. I think getting rid of guys like Tatum (not that he's a bad locker room guy), Rozier (he is a bad locker room guy) and Morris will make Boston much more appealing and better. Too many mouths, too many role players who think they aren't role players. He won't find a better starting lineup than Kyrie - Brown - Hayward - AD - Horford.