2020 Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

On 5/19/2019 at 8:33 AM, Activated10 said:

Lol what are you talking about. He had an interview with Raiders in 2012 and literally had an interview this year with the Packers

Two interviews in 10 years? The point is Ryan Pace was in the Saints FO for over a decade and when he had a litany of interviews, Carmichael wasn’t even entertained. That says it all, there’s SOMETHING about him which the media/fans don’t know that NFL execs do. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I don’t think that’s entirely true. 

Jeff Fisher pretty much laughed USC (his alma mater) out of the room when they tried to poach him from the Tennessee Titans, who he was almost fired from the same year.  Not too many more prestigious coaching jobs in college, and not many less prestigious NFL ones.

I think it is entirely, categorically true.

10 hours ago, Activated10 said:

What was the bet and with who

I bet someone that used to post on here that the Knicks would win the lotto and draft Zion Williamson. If they didn't, I had to wear a Raiders logo on here and as my gamerpic on Xbox for the next two months. I should've known that I can't count on the Knicks for anything.

Edited by BroncoSojia

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

Jeff Fisher pretty much laughed USC (his alma mater) out of the room when they tried to poach him from the Tennessee Titans, who he was almost fired from the same year.  Not too many more prestigious coaching jobs in college, and not many less prestigious NFL ones.

I think it is entirely, categorically true.

Nick Saban isn’t taking any job to leave Alabama 

Dabo Swinney isn’t taking any job to leave Clemson

Harbaugh left the NFL to return to college

Its not entirely true. 

Also if Jeff Fisher is your case study then you failed already lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:
On 5/16/2019 at 4:22 PM, Daniel said:

Any NFL coaching gig is superior to even the best coaching gig.  Most coaches aspire to be NFL coaches, so I'd say he would leap at the chance.

I don’t think that’s entirely true. 

The majority of the time this is true. Until last year, I would have said the top 10-15 college jobs > Cleveland Browns job. But that's an extreme example.

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Nick Saban isn’t taking any job to leave Alabama 

Dabo Swinney isn’t taking any job to leave Clemson

Harbaugh left the NFL to return to college

Its not entirely true. 

Also if Jeff Fisher is your case study then you failed already lol

Saban and Harbaugh failed in the NFL.  They didn't take better jobs in college, they bolted when things fell apart in the NFL.  And I'm confused on how Fisher hurts my case at all.

Dabo may not leave Clemson right now, but I've also not heard of anyone trying to hire him, and he's got an insane amount of job stability right now.  That doesn't mean the NFL job isn't better, it's just their personal preference.  Cutcliffe has turned down better jobs to stay at Duke because it's a worse job that he can keep.  Some people will always prefer the lower end job if it comes with lower expectations.

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

Saban and Harbaugh failed in the NFL.  They didn't take better jobs in college, they bolted when things fell apart in the NFL.  And I'm confused on how Fisher hurts my case at all.

Dabo may not leave Clemson right now, but I've also not heard of anyone trying to hire him, and he's got an insane amount of job stability right now.  That doesn't mean the NFL job isn't better, it's just their personal preference.  Cutcliffe has turned down better jobs to stay at Duke because it's a worse job that he can keep.  Some people will always prefer the lower end job if it comes with lower expectations.

Jim Harbaugh didnt fail, he didnt get along with the GM, so even tho there were multiple teams in the NFL that have wanted and continue to want him, he chose Michigan bc he's at the top of the food chain there.  He probably would only take an NFL offer similar to Gruden at this point.  David Shaw is the most sought after coach in college, and nobody can convince him to leave Palo Alto.  Kirk Fetentz has reportedly turned down multiple interviews to stay at Iowa.  No job is necessarily superior to the other, sometimes guys prefer to stay in college for a number of reasons.

there are def some coaching jobs that are more attractive than NFL Jobs. I would def say being the HC of tOSU, Texas, and Bama are top 30 HC positions in all of football.

Edited by buno67

On 5/14/2019 at 8:59 PM, Activated10 said:

He probably wants to make legacy at Oklahoma, similar to Dabo and Saban. See him staying there for next 5-10 years and level when perfect opportunity arrives. I think he would of joined the Browns if he already had that legacy built up as that's the type of situation he wants. Team on the rise with potential franchise QB and good front office.

Why would a Texas Tech guy want to make a legacy at Oklahoma?

On 5/23/2019 at 8:33 AM, chiefs82 said:

Honestly thought Richard would’ve gotten an HC gig last year. If the defense plays well again he’s gotta get more looks if imagine

he either interviews like crap or the cowboys told him he will be head coach next year if garrett doesnt do anything this one.