BEST DL GROUP IN THE NFC EAST   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the BEST DL GROUP in the NFC East

• Redskins: R. Kerrigan / Jonathan Allen / Montez Sweat
    • Giants: Dalvin Tomlinson / BJ Hill / Dexter Lawrence
    • Cowboys: DeMarcus Lawrence / Robert Quinn / Trysten Hill
    • Eagles: Fletcher Cox / Derek Bennett / Chris Long

36 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

So, am I basing this on the whole or just who is listed?

The Eagles have the best DL, possibly in football. But that’s considering the whole. If it’s just the three listed then it’s more of a debate. 

Whole list. This is just a brief snap-shot representation of two starters and 1 back-up. Put heavy emphasis on starters. But consider back-ups as well. 

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That's not the Redskins starting DL. As I think Mknight has pointed out the Redskins 3 down lineman are:

...of course not. No team has more than two starters listed. No one ever reads my posts. lol

Put a heavy emphasis on starting group, but consider depth as well. 2 Starters & 1 Bench Player will be representative of the whole - positions will not matter.

Lmao @ Gregory being the 2nd best DL. 

Eagles probably have the most good players.  Redskins probably have the best starting talent. Redskins also have the youngest group, so it’s a bit of a projection, but I expect them to perform best this year. 

• Like 3

Skins have an argument with the most stars, but the eagles can go two+ rotations deep and have the most dominant player in Cox.

On top of that the whole defense is designed to make the DL flourish.

The crazy depth kind of isn’t fair, like you can make arguments over the starting lines. But Eagles are probably amongst the deepest in the league with two lines of starters, and like 5 other contributors.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Skins have an argument with the most stars, but the eagles can go two+ rotations deep and have the most dominant player in Cox. On top of that the whole defense is designed to make the DL, flourish.

The crazy depth kind of isn’t fair, like you can make arguments over the starting lines. But Eagles are probably amongst the deepest in the league with two lines of starters, and like 5 other contributors.

Yeah I am surprised we are not running away with this, we probably have the consensus top DL in the NFL.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

For the life of me I don't see how this makes sense - but it is done.

Is Kerrigan still this underrated? Guy is consistently excellent and is probably the third best DL in the East behind Cox and Lawrence.  

• Like 1

I think the Eagles are a notch or 2 above the rest. Pretty easy here for me. Brandon Graham, Fletcher Cox, Malik Jackson, Derek Barnett, Timmy Jernigan, Vinny Curry is hard to beat throughout the league, much less the NFC East. That group is battle tested as well, having won a super bowl, and Malik having extensive playoff success in Jacksonville and Denver. The other 3 defensive lines don't have anywhere near the resume that Philly does. 

Edited by EagleBlueDon

I love the homerism we have amongst the NFC East Fans.

I have always been a fan of Fletcher Cox. Ryan Kerrigan is Mr. Consistent. Lawrence has potential, but now that he got paid, we'll see how he does.

For me, Giants aren't in the conversation. But the Eagles (total) have the most talent on their roster. So I vote them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That's not the Redskins starting DL. As I think Mknight has pointed out the Redskins 3 down lineman are:

Allen

Payne

Ioannidis

Then, we run a 3-4 so our OLBs/EDGE rushers are Kerrigan & Sweat.

I think there's an argument to be made that this is the best front 4/5 in the division.

As for this exercise, Kerrigan, Jon Allen and are our best starters. Our best bench player is Tim Settle, our back up NT. If we hadn't drafted Payne last year, Settle would have started and done a good job.

This ^^^. Kerrigan is an OLB. Sweat will be also.

Allen, Payne and Ioannidas are our DL.

And they are the best of the East amongst starters. But the Iggles have the best 2 deep depth. So there's that

• Like 2

Redskins will have arguably the best front 7 in all of football.

DL consist of NT D. Payne, DE J. Allen & M. Ionitus (the Greek). With NT Tim Settle filling in for depth. He could start, for many teams, I would imagine.

The LBers are about to challenge the great LB core of the Saints back in the day. (Sam Mills, Vaughn Johnson, Rickey Jackson & Pat Swilling) Remember those guys? They were known as " The Dome Patrol".

We now have LOLB Ryan Kerrigan, ROLB Rookie Montez Sweat & RILB Reuben Foster. Remember him?

LILB is probably up for grabs at the moment. 

Seriously, it's gonna get scary with this group.

We might just have to call it..."Trump's Wall".

Edited by aceinthehouse