Who's your 2019 Breakout Player

17 hours ago, Golfman said:

That would qualify him as a 'break out player?' Can you set the bar any lower for the break out player you are choosing?

I mean, it would be pretty ******* surprising if Davis did that. Maybe not 10+ sacks for Fackrell surprising but still lol

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Norm said:

I mean, it would be pretty ******* surprising if Davis did that. Maybe not 10+ sacks for Fackrell surprising but still lol

Actually, it wouldn't be surprising at all. He's a receiver, had all of 14 punt returns his entire college career, and yet became the best punt returner in the NFL his first year returning. I watched Davis at Cal, he really caught my attention when he returned two consecutive kickoffs for touchdowns on his first two career kickoff returns. Fans are so critical of his judgement mistakes fielding punts, but they should keep in mind he had very little experience fielding punts when GB made him their returner in 2017.

But he's a receiver first, he's a returner in his spare time. His senior year, playing the 11th hardest schedule in college ball, he had a 1 1/2% drop rate, and lead all power five conference receivers (SEC, PAC12, Big 10, ACC, and one other) in yards after catch with 9.5 yards per. An amazing stat, and no one else was even close. You can be sure that LaFleur 1) recognizes how good Davis is as a receiver 2) is going to get him the ball this year.

Get Davis in your Fantasy League, buy low and win.

21 minutes ago, firstdown said:

Actually, it wouldn't be surprising at all. He's a receiver, had all of 14 punt returns his entire college career, and yet became the best punt returner in the NFL his first year returning. I watched Davis at Cal, he really caught my attention when he returned two consecutive kickoffs for touchdowns on his first two career kickoff returns. Fans are so critical of his judgement mistakes fielding punts, but they should keep in mind he had very little experience fielding punts when GB made him their returner in 2017.

But he's a receiver first, he's a returner in his spare time. His senior year, playing the 11th hardest schedule in college ball, he had a 1 1/2% drop rate, and lead all power five conference receivers (SEC, PAC12, Big 10, ACC, and one other) in yards after catch with 9.5 yards per. An amazing stat, and no one else was even close. You can be sure that LaFleur 1) recognizes how good Davis is as a receiver 2) is going to get him the ball this year.

Get Davis in your Fantasy League, buy low and win.

Too many bodies in front of him ATM for me to have any faith he'd get the targets needed for 500 yards. He has 8 career catches, despite those couple college stats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Too many bodies in front of him ATM for me to have any faith he'd get the targets needed for 500 yards. He has 8 career catches, despite those couple college stats

LaFleur isn't stupid. Davis is the most dynamic player, running with the ball, that we have. Even with what few pro stats we have, Davis still has it, he averages over 2 yards of separation per catch (albeit with a few amount of targets). For example-

Davis 2.29 yards of separation per target (2017)

MVS 1.46 (2018)

DA 1.67 (2018)

He's still pretty good with YAC too-

Davis 4.4 yards per target yards after catch

MVS 3.0

Davante 2.7

Obviously, circumstances and targets are different with all three receivers, Davis has a much smaller catch sampling. I'm just saying that Davis isn't the chopped liver that most of you think he is. And we have him on a rookie contract, he's a bargain and isn't going anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firstdown said:

LaFleur isn't stupid. Davis is the most dynamic player, running with the ball, that we have. Even with what few pro stats we have, Davis still has it, he averages over 2 yards of separation per catch (albeit with a few amount of targets). For example-

Davis 2.29 yards of separation per target (2017)

MVS 1.46 (2018)

DA 1.67 (2018)

He's still pretty good with YAC too-

Davis 4.4 yards per target yards after catch

MVS 3.0

Davante 2.7

Obviously, circumstances and targets are different with all three receivers, Davis has a much smaller catch sampling. I'm just saying that Davis isn't the chopped liver that most of you think he is. And we have him on a rookie contract, he's a bargain and isn't going anywhere.

Davis has 8 career receptions.   I'd love for him to light it up, but I'm not getting overly excited.

3 hours ago, firstdown said:

According to Pro Football Focus, Davis was #1 in 2017, and by a wide margin too-

https://twitter.com/search?q="trevor davis""pff"&src=typd

Jamal Agnew’s stats suddenly get erased?

Davis- 24 returns, 289 yds, 0 TDs, 12.0 avg

Agnew- 29 returns, 447 yds, 2 TDs, 15.4 avg

Also, PFF had HaHa as the best safety in the NFL for awhile last season so...

Edited by thrILL!

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It was way over blown. 

Yeah I think you even went and looked where he fair caught them all at, or fielded them? And it was nothing like the narrative. I know someone fact checked it anyways.

I laughed because there was some people saying we should draft Antonio Callaway, who's clearly talented but a dunce. But wanted him as a return guy. He fair caught two punts inside his own 3, IN THE SAME GAME lol. 

Edited by Norm

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Jamal Agnew’s stats suddenly get erased?

Davis- 24 returns, 289 yds, 0 TDs, 12.0 avg

Agnew- 29 returns, 447 yds, 2 TDs, 15.4 avg

Also, PFF had HaHa as the best safety in the NFL for awhile last season so...

Considering Davis was returning with our STs blocking for him, I believe that his feat was more impressive.

Davis will need to light it up in TC in order for me to buy in. Forget his stats, he's just so mechanical and stiff in his routes and he's really more of a straightline speed guy. Then you're talking about some of the stuff he's done off-the-field. I've soured on him.