2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

On 6/4/2019 at 12:03 PM, seminoles1 said:

Also, can we make a forum rule to not post anything from that troll of a personality? I don't even want to say his name to add to his internet searches.

Seriously. Can we get his Twitter banned somehow?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:
On 6/4/2019 at 1:03 PM, seminoles1 said:

Also, can we make a forum rule to not post anything from that troll of a personality? I don't even want to say his name to add to his internet searches.

Seriously. Can we get his Twitter banned somehow?

Skip is a master of clickbait. Love to hate the guy. 

I won't believe in Toronto until they're hoisting up the O'Brien. Warriors in 6. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Good news for Toronto is how the cast around Kawhi has been stepping up, exactly what they needed. My dream scenario is also becoming very real possibility, with a potential KD return in game 5 or 6 but for Toronto to still win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I hope you had a giant asterisk after Golden State won their championship in 2015 with no Kyrie, Love and Conley being injured.  Then another asterisk when they cheap shotted Kawhi Leonard and caused him to miss their series.  And then another one when the Rockets were up 3-2 and Chris Paul got hurt.

Yup.

Even though it does still feel weird to not have LeBron here, is anyone else just enjoying the freshness of this series? 4 straight years of Cavs/Warriors, the same franchises, the same cities, the same stars, the same courts, etc just made me so jaded on the NBA. I'm enjoying actually getting to see new faces (Lowry, Gasol, Siakam, VanVleet) and returning faces (Kawhi, Green, Ibaka) playing on the Finals stage. And not hearing yet another year's worth of storylines about how hard can LeBron carry vs the Warriors. Even though the Warriors are still here this series just feels so much fresher. 

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

At this point it is fair to say he doesn't return to this series. If the Raptors win and are up 3-1? Then no point. If it is 2-2? That changes things but still tough to see him returning. 

I disagree with your reasoning. Lets talk about this for a second. 

Durant not playing game four does not mean he is not coming back for this series. Its risk vs reward right now. The risk is that he reinjures it and is out for 2-3 more months. Every passing day the risk of reinjury decreases significantly. soft tissue injuries are fickle little bastards and a couple extra days can be the difference. 

The deeper they can go without playing him, two things happen. (1) he gets healthier and therefore has less re-injury risk (2) the amount of time on the court/practice is less and so therefore his exposure to risk is less than it would be if he plays immediately. less and less risk every passing day.

The warriors are not playing an elimination game on Friday. Playing durant in an elimination game carries less overall risk/exposure to risk because you arent risking his availability in a future games. If you lose the elimination game and/or he reinjures it, the season is over anyways, so who cares. I think if they were already down 3-1, you would see durant on the court.

Eventually you will have to live with the amount of risk that stepping on the court entails, because the warriors are going to play in an elimination game or three in this series. 

I think they feel confident with Durant they would be able to win a few games in a row. The Dubs have come back from 3-1 before, its a one game at a time mindset from this team. 

There isnt a team in the NBA that wouldnt sign the guy because his calf is more messed up than it already is, so realistically I would hope that Durant himself would decide he was going to play no matter what. If he wants to shed the 'cupcake' label, or the 'the dubs are better without KD' nonsense then he needs to come back and play 3 games and still win the finals MVP lol

KEEP THAT CHIN UP BIG BOY. ITS 2-1

You can skip the first minute of the video

13 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Normal fans don’t get 500,000 fines. But still I think he should sell his shares.

When a player is suspended for a year he loses a lot more than $500,000. He's not a fan, he's an owner who is profiting off of the league.

The league office should have publicly condemned him and at the very least recommended that he sell his share of the team as well as fined him much more.

13 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Skip is a master of clickbait. Love to hate the guy. 

Same. I used to despise him with a passion but now I'm a fan of his ability to rile literally everybody up.

• Like 1