2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Well if you got beat while having 5 all stars on your team that’s on you. Get better. 

We beat them with depth. 

It is in fact very ridiculous to assume any team isn’t without injuries in the playoffs especially in the finals.

You continue to give false equivalencies. I'll make this simple.

The Toronto Raptors had a fantastic team. They earned their way to the finals. They are a championship level team.

They played extremely competitive ball against half a team. Good for them for capitalizing. I get you can only play who is in front of you. You take a title however you can.

That said, it's still half a team. It's not impressive. Beating a team that is missing 3 starters for numerous games, one of which is arguably their best player (who many here think is the best in the NBA-go check the vote) for 5.75 games, another who is a top 5 shooter of all time who was torching the Raptors up until his injury, the third their best defensive center who was ruled out for the postseason at one point and then multiple other rotation guys playing when they probably shouldn't have been is not a big deal (including another ruled out for the postseason). It is highly likely that health was the largest contributor to the Raptors victory and they likely weren't the better team. To me, that's cheap and feels unearned. Congrats on the win but I'm looking back on the 2019 finals like this *

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

You continue to give false equivalencies. I'll make this simple.

The Toronto Raptors had a fantastic team. They earned their way to the finals. They are a championship level team.

They played extremely competitive ball against half a team. Good for them for capitalizing. I get you can only play who is in front of you. You take a title however you can.

That said, it's still half a team. It's not impressive. Beating a team that is missing 3 starters for numerous games, one of which is arguably their best player (who many here think is the best in the NBA-go check the vote) for 5.75 games, another who is a top 5 shooter of all time who was torching the Raptors up until his injury, the third their best defensive center who was ruled out for the postseason at one point and then multiple other rotation guys playing when they probably shouldn't have been is not a big deal (including another ruled out for the postseason). It is highly likely that health was the largest contributor to the Raptors victory and they likely weren't the better team. To me, that's cheap and feels unearned. Congrats on the win but I'm looking back on the 2019 finals like this *

Warriors decided to build a super team with no depth and it hurt them. In order to acquire a team of superstar players, you need to sacrifice your quality on the bench. This is a gamble the Warriors decided to take

Don't discredit the Raptors because they built there team differently. Injuries happen in professional sports

3 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Warriors decided to build a super team with no depth and it hurt them. In order to acquire a team of superstar players, you need to sacrifice your quality on the bench. This is a gamble the Warriors decided to take

Don't discredit the Raptors because they built there team differently. Injuries happen in professional sports

It’s weird.

The Warriors compromised what I’ll call physical strength to withstand tough contact, for quickness. They finally suffered a consequence of having a lack of physical strength.

51 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

lol you're so salty

Bullet Club if you noticed I haven’t replied to you in a while. That scrimmage we last had went past banter. I didn’t accept your apology. As of this moment I will refrain from

talking to you or making light of any conversation as we have in the past. I ask that you respect my wishes and leave me alone. If you would like to make trades I open to in DMs. But what you did was not okay by any means. And I don’t like that nor will I forget that. Our LOLs are done my good guy. This is srs now

15 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I can agree with this. The amount of injuries involved was still too absurd to the point it was the defining feature of the finals.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

I can agree with this. The amount of injuries involved was still too absurd to the point it was the defining feature of the finals.

Defining to who though?

It's a talking point that being spread by Warriors fans or Drake/Raptors haters imo

There is only 2 ways to build a team in a salary cap league. You build your team with depth or you sacrifice your teams depth and go hard paying the big names.

Raps beat GS twice this year with Durant in lineup. Once without our only real star Kawhi Leonard (Lowry, Siakam are good but wouldn't consider them top tier at positions)

To say GS would've won with Durant is hypothetical and tbh foolish and is really only trying to discredit an amazing, well deserved Championship run by the Raps

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

Defining to who though?

It's a talking point that being spread by Warriors fans or Drake/Raptors haters imo

There is only 2 ways to build a team in a salary cap league. You build your team with depth or you sacrifice your teams depth and go hard paying the big names.

To me? I'm not extrapolating my opinion to the audience at large. I'm not a Warriors fan. I've been rooting for LeBron to beat them every year since they met up in the finals. Drake is irrelevant to me. You could probably argue I'm a bit of Raptors hater but they wouldn't be in my 5 most disliked teams so I'm not sure how good a case that would be. You're simplifying the issue too much. It's not "get stars vs. have depth" the Warriors lost stars and role players at a highly unusual rate. It's not like they lost one guy and the whole team fell apart because they hedged all their bets on having that one extra star. They played half the series with 3 starters missing time and others barely functioning.