2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

17 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

When a player is suspended for a year he loses a lot more than $500,000. He's not a fan, he's an owner who is profiting off of the league.

The league office should have publicly condemned him and at the very least recommended that he sell his share of the team as well as fined him much more.

They are almost assuredly doing that behind the scenes. The owners (and by extension the NBA league office who works for them) aren't going to want to publicly tell someone to sell, just to make sure they do all they can to keep the share price up. And depending on their structure, who buys those shares could impact the majority ownership, board representation, etc. etc. It gets political. The only reason they did it with Sterling was because he dug his heels in like an idiot.

I'm guessing this offseason he gets an "offer" that he's "strongly encouraged to accept".

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

Game 4 tonight. I think the Warriors get the win tonight. Still if the Raptors win tonight I think they'll win the series in Game 5 on Monday. So a very big game for both teams. 

Think it all depends on who plays.

If Klay and KD play, yeah I can see the Warriors winning, but if only Klay plays and he's not at 100% then I can see the Raptors going up 3-1. Cousins was clearly running off adrenaline in game two and has yet to fully get his legs back under him. So that really leaves the Warriors with just Curry for scoring, and we saw what happened with that last game.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Think it all depends on who plays.

If Klay and KD play, yeah I can see the Warriors winning, but if only Klay plays and he's not at 100% then I can see the Raptors going up 3-1. Cousins was clearly running off adrenaline in game two and has yet to fully get his legs back under him. So that really leaves the Warriors with just Curry for scoring, and we saw what happened with that last game.

Durant is out. Thompson is expected to play, but it's hard to see him being 100%.

I mean all three games the winner has had the better front court. At the very least, Green/Cousins have to play Siakam/Green even. The defense obviously has to be better and Iggy/Green/Cook have to hit from the perimeter. I don't think the Warriors win this series without Durant, but think they can pull this game out at the end. May be wishful thinking but Warriors 106 Raptors 98.

38 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Wow. Kevon Looney is playing tonight.

I feel bad saying this, but what is KD doing? Now, maybe he's just not effective due to the injury, but Looney is going out there with a busted collarbone. You can't play, KD?

Archived