2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I really have zero faith in Gruden building a winner through the draft. We've panicked and reached with our first pick during both of his first two drafts (Miller #15 & Ferrell #4) and we also over-drafted Abram. 

I trust Mayock overall. He always has seen things a little differently than everyone else though. Good and bad.

I have no hope anymore. This is the most dysfunctional organization in sports. 2016 was like a tease. Carr will never reach 2016 levels ever again and was also a tease with a Top to Bottom All Star cast on offense.

We have nothing. If Trevor Lawrence was coming out this year, at least I'd have hope for the future. The best prospect since Luck. But we'll either draft a Edge Rusher or Tua and probably still suck.

It's over guys. It's really over.

Just now, BayRaider said:

I have no hope anymore. This is the most dysfunctional organization in sports. 2016 was like a tease. Carr will never reach 2016 levels ever again and was also a tease with a Top to Bottom All Star cast on offense.

We have nothing. If Trevor Lawrence was coming out this year, at least I'd have hope for the future. The best prospect since Luck. But we'll either draft a Edge Rusher or Tua and probably still suck.

It's over guys. It's really over.

I know this has been a point of contention for us in the past, but I truly still do believe in Carr. Hopefully I'm right, I guess 🤷‍♂️.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I know this has been a point of contention for us in the past, but I truly still do believe in Carr. Hopefully I'm right, I guess 🤷‍♂️.

I don't wanna make any Carr criticism posts until we see serious struggles again this year but I really don't think he's as good as his 2016 season. He had two #1 WR's, 2nd best Pass Protection in the NFL, had all day long to throw, and had a vet OC who knew exactly what to do. He's always been bad in cold weather, always been bad against elite D's like the Broncos and formerly the Chiefs, etc.

Carr gets this year to interview. AB or not, it's go big or go home for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don't wanna make any Carr criticism posts until we see serious struggles again this year but I really don't think he's as good as his 2016 season. He had two #1 WR's, 2nd best Pass Protection in the NFL, had all day long to throw, and had a vet OC who knew exactly what to do. He's always been bad in cold weather, always been bad against elite D's like the Broncos and formerly the Chiefs, etc.

Carr gets this year to interview. AB or not, it's go big or go home for him.

I think you bring up a lot of good points in that he had tons of support that year. I just also think he played more into that success than he gets credited for. Especially when a lot of criticisms have been drawn from him being in bad situations. Further, I think its totally plausible that he has developed his skillset over time since 2016. Not saying he's a superstar, but it would be hard for even above average QBs to succeed in our offense with all the BS in 2017 and 2018. Maybe I'm soft on him though. Either way, as you said, we will see this year. 

38 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I trust Mayock overall. He always has seen things a little differently than everyone else though. Good and bad.

Ultimately Gruden has the final say in all decisions though. I have zero faith in this team being even remotely competitive for as long as Gruden is here.

• Like 2

Any chance there is a tampering investigation over Antonio Brown, like the Patriots told him to do this and they would sign him as the Steelers wouldn't trade him to a likely playoff opponent? He literally timed this the day before the Patriots play the Steelers. His celebration video on YouTube implies he was trying to get released without suspension so he would be free to sign. He had a new contract lined up with the Patriots in hours. If they did an investigation and they tampered with the player, could the Patriots owe us a draft pick? Not going to lie if AB was tampered with and we turned the 3rd and 5th into a very late 1st in 2020 I'd be elated.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, billking said:

I do think there is the outside chance Chicago may really struggle this season with Trubisky and dump a lot of games and give us at least a top 10 maybe really flop and top 5. Could be a draft with 2 top 5 picks next year.

Yeah I wouldn’t be shocked if we picked 3rd and 10th next year. 

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Any chance there is a tampering investigation over Antonio Brown, like the Patriots told him to do this and they would sign him as the Steelers wouldn't trade him to a likely playoff opponent? He literally timed this the day before the Patriots play the Steelers. His celebration video on YouTube implies he was trying to get released without suspension so he would be free to sign. He had a new contract lined up with the Patriots in hours. If they did an investigation and they tampered with the player, could the Patriots owe us a draft pick? Not going to lie if AB was tampered with and we turned the 3rd and 5th into a very late 1st in 2020 I'd be elated.

It's very obvious and the league if they are worth anything should be able to uncover the deal that was made.