2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

So I think WR and EDGE are our biggest needs and should be addressed in the 1st. But the WR class is deep in the 2nd as well. So if our team decided to go QB/EDGE in the 1st if Carr has a rough season, then I would like to package our two thirds into a second and go WR. 

• Like 2

I know the Dolphins are tanking for a QB, but how in the world could they pass on Chase Young. Easily the best player entering the draft. 

Way to early, but I would take Young number one and package the Texans pick and Steelers and another pick if needed and go after Burrow or Herbert. 

Edited by agarcia34

28 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I know the Dolphins are tanking for a QB, but how in the world could they pass on Chase Young. Easily the best player entering the draft. 

Way to early, but I would take Young number one and package the Texans pick and Steelers and another pick if needed and go after Burrow or Herbert. 

Not sure what people see in Herbert. Always completing less than 60% and has major accuracy issues. And hes playing Pac 12 defenses, not SEC defenses. I would take Fromm over Herbert easily. 

Herbert is a worse Josh Allen, and I don’t even think Josh Allen is gonna be good. 

Watching Minshew do what he’s done makes me think that we should draft a qb in the 3rd to 6th round next year even if Carr has a good year. You never know when your qb is going to get hurt and I don’t have much confidence in peterman or glennon. I’m not saying the rookie will definitely work out, but I think we were into Minshew and passed on him. Can’t do that again.

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Not sure what people see in Herbert. Always completing less than 60% and has major accuracy issues. And hes playing Pac 12 defenses, not SEC defenses. I would take Fromm over Herbert easily. 

Herbert is a worse Josh Allen, and I don’t even think Josh Allen is gonna be good. 

He's completing 75% of his passes so far this season. Stop with the SEC argument. Outside the big 4, the SEC has been punked this season.

I am a Georgia fan and Fromm is not better than Herbert and plays in loaded run heavy scheme.

Josh Allen is currently killing it just FYI

5 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Watching Minshew do what he’s done makes me think that we should draft a qb in the 3rd to 6th round next year even if Carr has a good year. You never know when your qb is going to get hurt and I don’t have much confidence in peterman or glennon. I’m not saying the rookie will definitely work out, but I think we were into Minshew and passed on him. Can’t do that again.

You should draft a QB every year. You never know where you are going to hit on one. It's a QB league, I'd rather take a flier on a QB late than any other position.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You should draft a QB every year. You never know where you are going to hit on one. It's a QB league, I'd rather take a flier on a QB late than any other position.

I think every other year rounds 3-7. The Packers did something similar with Favre (replaced Magik man) and were able to trade Burnell and then kept Arron over Brett. Teams will want their QB in the 1st for that 5th year option but you need a good back up to keep a season alive. Had we NOT traded up in the 4th and Dallas took Cook, maybe we drafted Dak and won a playoff game after Carr went down. Which also opens up offering Carr a few less million per and signing Mack or trading Carr or Dak and...STOP my OCD will kick in. LOL

Edited by G
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's completing 75% of his passes so far this season. Stop with the SEC argument. Outside the big 4, the SEC has been punked this season.

I am a Georgia fan and Fromm is not better than Herbert and plays in loaded run heavy scheme.

Josh Allen is currently killing it just FYI

Pac 12 Defenses are mostly not good. I scout QBs so much and see all the time a Pac 12 QB blowing it up and stopped in his tracks by an SEC Defense. 

Herbert is not a 1st Round QB to me, to each their own. But hardddd pass. Too many times against garbage teams he looks like he has accuracy issues. In college you should be completing 64% minimum for a season to translate to success to the NFL. 

Anyways what do you think of Jacob Eason if he tears it up this year? Been saying all year if Eason tears it up he’s my QB2 behind Tua. 

23 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So I think WR and EDGE are our biggest needs and should be addressed in the 1st. But the WR class is deep in the 2nd as well. So if our team decided to go QB/EDGE in the 1st if Carr has a rough season, then I would like to package our two thirds into a second and go WR. 

I don’t trust our drafting team to find a stud on the edge. I hope we sign proven vets and Ferrell comes around. Draft speedy play making wideouts with the 1st, we need some blue chip prospects. Get two so teams we have nightmares scheming against Waller, Jacobs, and two first round wideouts 

55 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Pac 12 Defenses are mostly not good. I scout QBs so much and see all the time a Pac 12 QB blowing it up and stopped in his tracks by an SEC Defense. 

Herbert is not a 1st Round QB to me, to each their own. But hardddd pass. Too many times against garbage teams he looks like he has accuracy issues. In college you should be completing 64% minimum for a season to translate to success to the NFL. 

Anyways what do you think of Jacob Eason if he tears it up this year? Been saying all year if Eason tears it up he’s my QB2 behind Tua. 

So much I disagree with here, but I'll save it for the offseason.

Eason, the most underrated QB in the class right now. Loved him since he came to UGA, glad he's getting his shot.