2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I’m really liking Kinlaw at 12 and Ruggs Aiyuk at 19. 

taking a page out of both SB teams roster building, in getting an inside pash rusher with great length(Jones, Buckner, Armstead) in Kinlaw and a speedy playmaker Tyreek Hill type in Ruggs or Aiyuk. 

big chance Kinlaw isn’t there, but would love to add one of Kinlaw, Brown or Simmons. Those are the blue chip defensive players along with Young who will be long gone. If we can’t get one of those guys I’d go ahead and get our highest rated WR. 

At 19, in this scenario after already addressing WR, it’s looking like the value will be there for DBs, guys like McKinney, Henderson and Diggs should be available. I’d consider trading back as I think we could get one of the guys mentioned or a LB like Queen In the mid to late 20s. 

I prefer adding a blue chip front 7 player, but we will need some help. Hopefully there is a huge run on QB and OL. If not in scenario 2, we add two players on the outside that will help us keep up with KC. 

tons of ways this could go, and obviously we’ll get a better idea of how our FO feels once FA is over, but we have a great opportunity to get a lot better this offseason. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’m really liking Kinlaw at 12 and Ruggs Aiyuk at 19. 

taking a page out of both SB teams roster building, in getting an inside pash rusher with great length(Jones, Buckner, Armstead) in Kinlaw and a speedy playmaker Tyreek Hill type in Ruggs or Aiyuk. 

big chance Kinlaw isn’t there, but would love to add one of Kinlaw, Brown or Simmons. Those are the blue chip defensive players along with Young who will be long gone. If we can’t get one of those guys I’d go ahead and get our highest rated WR. 

At 19, in this scenario after already addressing WR, it’s looking like the value will be there for DBs, guys like McKinney, Henderson and Diggs should be available. I’d consider trading back as I think we could get one of the guys mentioned or a LB like Queen In the mid to late 20s. 

I prefer adding a blue chip front 7 player, but we will need some help. Hopefully there is a huge run on QB and OL. If not in scenario 2, we add two players on the outside that will help us keep up with KC. 

tons of ways this could go, and obviously we’ll get a better idea of how our FO feels once FA is over, but we have a great opportunity to get a lot better this offseason. 

We have our disputes sometimes but Kinlaw at 12 and Ruggs or Aiyuk at 19 is basically my perfect 1st Round Mock. Give me Fromm (if he’s there, doubtful), a Guard, and a CB in the 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Big chance Kinlaw isn’t there, but would love to add one of Kinlaw, Brown or Simmons. Those are the blue chip defensive players along with Young who will be long gone.

Jeff Okudah is the 3rd best player in this draft if not the 2nd best player in this draft. To not mention him as a blue chip defender is insulting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Jeff Okudah is the 3rd best player in this draft if not the 2nd best player in this draft. To not mention him as a blue chip defender is insulting.

Clearly an oversight, don’t have him making 12 so don’t really think of him much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't think Ruggs makes it past Denver. He is a perfect compliment to Sutton.

The Broncos will not draft Alabama players. They have drafted 5 in the history of their franchise and none in the first round. I remember an old quote from regime before Elway saying they think Alabama makes players better than they really are. 

11 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Thanks, What's with all the hate for Fromm anyway? From all the draft coverage, he doesnt seem like a bad prospect. Maybe not ideal arm strength,  but seems he'd be a good fit in a WCO.

I've been maintaining Fromm will be a guy Grruden falls in love with. He's a perfect system fit. Tough, poise and smart. He's the ultimate Gruden grinder at QB.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The Broncos will not draft Alabama players. They have drafted 5 in the history of their franchise and none in the first round. I remember an old quote from regime before Elway saying they think Alabama makes players better than they really are. 

That's a crazy stat and I hope they are that stupid. I mean you can look around the league and find dominate Alabama players on every roster lol.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

don't you think Raiders are going try to develop their youth on the D line since they brought in Rod:  Hurst, Hall, Key, Ferrell,  Crosby. Maybe tests why Gruden brought rod onboard 

Maliek Collins played the most defensive snaps on the cowboys defense last year. I really think we look at Collins and develop the 5 guys you mentioned plus Hankins and Jordan. Giving us a very deep rotation on the DL. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 10:39 AM, big_palooka said:

My current top WR ranks:

Lamb

Shenault

Jeudy

Ruggs

Top 4, I'm locked in. And the only guys I want round 1. After this, it's a who's who of differing skill sets and I'd look more to round 3 or 2 if they trade into the round. 

To me, Lamb and Shenault have the biggest playmaking ability. For the Raiders (assuming Carr is back) they are players who can get the contested catch and are deadly YAC guys who would thrive in Gruden's system. I think people are sleep extra hard on Shenault and will be humbled by what he does at the next level. He's a big play waiting to happen with great hands and ability to catch away from his body.

Jeudy for me is a great player. Would love to have him, but he reminds me of Cooper whom Gruden gave up on. Great route runner and ability to create separation. Nothing wrong with his game, but played inside mostly, didn't see a lot of contested catches from him and is more finesse. High floor/low ceiling player like Cooper was.

Ruggs. A deadly speed option I would love see in S&B. But fail to see how Carr would maximize his abilities as a downfield threat. Again, as of 2/7/20 Derek Carr is still the QB of this team and Ruggs doesn't fit his play style.

Lamb and Shenault are the best fits with Carr because of their ability after the catch and to win contested catches. Fits the WCO and quick short and intermediate pass game Gruden likes and where Carr has the most success. 

I like Shensult alot, but I think you sleeping bigtime on Higgans too.