2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

44 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

when was the last time we had good LBS? Thomas Howard/Kirk Morrison days? I can't even remember if they were actually good since we sucked and just a Raider bias, From what I remember Captain Kirk was solid MLB, would be nice to draft another LB I that mold in the 3rd.

Howard was great in zone coverage and Morrison was a solid tackler but boy oh boy those two were absolutely terrible run defenders. 

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Zack Baun would be a trade back option for me if the Raiders were to trade out of 19. He would fit in nicely at OLB in the 43. He’s not a 34 OLB. You get some pass rushing ability with him that you can use on 3rd down. 

He seems to have risen recently but I was viewing him as a potential MLB that could have some coverage skills to develop. 

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

12. Kinlaw

19. Ruggs lll

Let's not over think it.

I'd give Breshad Perriman a 1 year deal.

I can live with that, add in a guy like Woodward or Davis-Gaither in the 3rd or 4th and some DB depth and we'll be looking decent.

Sign -Corey Middleton 4 years 55 million and some others, but this is the big one.

Resign Dion Jordan and Karl Joseph (KJ only at a reasonable price)

Draft -

#12 Javon Kinlaw DT

#19 CB CJ Henderson 0R Jordan Love (QB 1st option)

#80 WR  Denzel Mims

#81 Cameron Dantzler CB

#90 WR Tyler Johnson if we get CJ Henderson/ Troy Pride Jr. if we get Love.

#111 S Kyle Duggar 

#140 WR Isaiah Hodgins

We roll with Carr into the season and develop Love if we can get him at #19. Or we trade Carr and sign a vet like Dalton or Brady. I would take any pick under #65 for Carr. 

The receiver class is awesome. There are so many good ones I don't think you need to pick one in the first to get a difference maker. Lets pick up two or three a little later and see which one steps up.

KInlaw takes our Dline to another level. Combined with a pro bowl caliber MLB and a couple high end CB we can be a top ten Defense; certainly, a significantly improved one.  

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

when was the last time we had good LBS? Thomas Howard/Kirk Morrison days? I can't even remember if they were actually good since we sucked and just a Raider bias, From what I remember Captain Kirk was solid MLB, would be nice to draft another LB I that mold in the 3rd.

Nick Roach always gets forgotten. Maybe because it was only one year lol 

• Like 1

Raiders should have the first pick at WR at 12 because picking a skill position early is not how the Jet's draft and AZ will probably go with an OT. It would be a foolish move to pass on Juedy or Lamb cause its a deep WR draft. First 11 picks will be very OT heavy and QB heavy with Brown and Simmions being selected in there as well. 

Y'all, if none of the presumed above average+ LBs (Schobert/Kwiatskowskisomething/Littleton) make it to FA, who should we target? There's Trevathan, but who else? I'm all for signing two starters, if there are any other I'm overlooking besides the parenthesized names.

SORRY WRONG THREAD!!!!

Edited by doctordeath
Wrong thread

52 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

I know it's PFF but they had Okudah fall all the way to the Jets. What if Okudah fell to us, along with Brown and no receiver have been taken yet, what do you do?

My instincts say I go with Jeudy but Okudah might get the nod because of WR depth and I don't like any other CB in the 1st...Lamb looks great but has me worried on and off field but is probably a baller. DT not as much of a need is why I'd pass on Brown with those above. Simmions and Jeudy I keep 'flip flopping' over. Add Simmions to that and I have a 3 way problem and look to trade up to 14 before making the pick .LOL

4 hours ago, doctordeath said:

I know it's PFF but they had Okudah fall all the way to the Jets. What if Okudah fell to us, along with Brown and no receiver have been taken yet, what do you do?

I’d take Okudah over any WR, not even a hard decision what so ever....

• Like 1