2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ironically, I think Jeudy is a slightly better WR for that system, but obviously he’s going to push for his old teammate, someone he knows and trusts

I agree, getting a great route runner will really help them on offense after Fitz leaves. 

I absolutely love Simmons and would love to trade up for him... but #3? Damn that seems soooo pricey! Like 12 and 19 pricey 

Arizona’s #8 the sweet spot IMO

Giants take a OT... Willis or Thomas @4

Carolina takes DT D. Brown @ 6

Arizona can trade down to 12 and get Lamb/Jeudy if they want WR or Thomas/Wirfs if they want RT

id like to give up 80/81 and our 4th (118 after comp picks are given out)  but would even give up 81 and 91 if we Absolutely had to and they gave us a 6th and or 7th back.

i just think we’ll be very disappointed spending 15+M per on Littleton and Simmons day 1 is a better player.  He’s literally everything we want and need.  

• Like 1

Just to get a glimpse for people who haven’t seen much of him. 

He’s a perfect LB in Nickel Formations. Solid coverage and range. Aggressive tackler too, love his style. He’d also be a fantastic 3-4 ILB. As for a True 4-3 Mike? I’d prefer if he put on some weight and shed blocks better.. but he can get there for sure. It helps that teams are in Nickel 75% of the time in todays NFL.

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just to get a glimpse for people who haven’t seen much of him. 

He’s a perfect LB in Nickel Formations. Solid coverage and range. Aggressive tackler too, love his style. He’d also be a fantastic 3-4 ILB. As for a True 4-3 Mike? I’d prefer if he put on some weight and shed blocks better.. but he can get there for sure. It helps that teams are in Nickel 75% of the time in todays NFL.

Even in those highlights almost every single sack came off of coverage locking everyone down and the QB literally having nowhere to go for 5 seconds and him eventually getting home. It shows a good motor, but it doesn't really show him making plays that the majority of pro level linebackers can't make.

He's a good athlete, but I see a guy lacking in instincts when I watch him, which could be due to not having as many reps as other guys. I watch that video and don't see a guy that's going to be a pro bowl caliber player, at least for the first couple of years. But our LB core is so bad he would definitely be a boost to that position group. This LB class just isn't great IMO. I think Simmons is the cream of the crop. Murray is behind him (but not as far off as some think). A decent gap to Queen, and then another noticable gap to the next crop of guys that will go in the 2-4th round. 

43 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

Even in those highlights almost every single sack came off of coverage locking everyone down and the QB literally having nowhere to go for 5 seconds and him eventually getting home. It shows a good motor, but it doesn't really show him making plays that the majority of pro level linebackers can't make.

He's a good athlete, but I see a guy lacking in instincts when I watch him, which could be due to not having as many reps as other guys. I watch that video and don't see a guy that's going to be a pro bowl caliber player, at least for the first couple of years. But our LB core is so bad he would definitely be a boost to that position group. This LB class just isn't great IMO. I think Simmons is the cream of the crop. Murray is behind him (but not as far off as some think). A decent gap to Queen, and then another noticable gap to the next crop of guys that will go in the 2-4th round. 

I’d be lying if I said I’d be worried about him in a 4-3 Base but in the Nickel formation he’d be just fine. He has very good coverage and range, which are the things we need the most at the LB position. Very fair analysis though. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’d be lying if I said I’d be worried about him in a 4-3 Base but in the Nickel formation he’d be just fine. He has very good coverage and range, which are the things we need the most at the LB position. Very fair analysis though. 

I agree with that too. He definitely shines more in the awareness department in coverage, and he has a ton of range because he's a terrific athlete. Like I said our LB core is so terrible I would gladly take him, I just see some holes, not neccesarily things that can't be coached up. But still some concerns. I'd like him a lot more if we can land a vet like Littleton or even Trevathan to pair him with. If we just sign some fringe starters at LB and totally expect Queen to come in and take over as the lead dog of the LB and to be in charge of the defense I'd be much more concerned for our defense short term and potentially his long term potential. He's a guy you draft and play and he shines in certain areas and is given time to improve in the areas he lacks because he isn't asked to do too much too soon. Which is fine for a guy youre looking at in the bottom half of round one. But I worry because the LB position has been ignored for so long it's not a stretch to see it being possible to draft a guy like Queen and expect that to be your primary fix to the LB core and it hurts the team and his long term potential all at the same time. We need more help than just drafting Queen and expecting him to be the lead dog in the LB core without some steadying presence around him (not that you're arguing that should be the plan, just my overall concerns with some of the things I see from him and the LB roster building for the last decade). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I absolutely love Simmons and would love to trade up for him... but #3? Damn that seems soooo pricey! Like 12 and 19 pricey 

Arizona’s #8 the sweet spot IMO

Giants take a OT... Willis or Thomas @4

Carolina takes DT D. Brown @ 6

Arizona can trade down to 12 and get Lamb/Jeudy if they want WR or Thomas/Wirfs if they want RT

id like to give up 80/81 and our 4th (118 after comp picks are given out)  but would even give up 81 and 91 if we Absolutely had to and they gave us a 6th and or 7th back.

i just think we’ll be very disappointed spending 15+M per on Littleton and Simmons day 1 is a better player.  He’s literally everything we want and need.  

I’ve been toying around in a mock with trading up to the Cards pick and giving Gabe and a 4th. That values Gabe as a mid 3rd rounder.

Sites are talking about their starting RG (Sweezy) as being a cut candidate.  I figure an upgrade to their o-line while still being able to address either T or WR at 12 would be enticing to them.  

10 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I’ve been toying around in a mock with trading up to the Cards pick and giving Gabe and a 4th. That values Gabe as a mid 3rd rounder.

Sites are talking about their starting RG (Sweezy) as being a cut candidate.  I figure an upgrade to their o-line while still being able to address either T or WR at 12 would be enticing to them.  

Cards are a wildcard in the draft because they can literally go BPA. Unfortunately we need a new QB, a decent  receiver, entirely new lber core, CB and depth everywhere 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

One of my favorite Jordan Love plays. The escape, the aggressiveness, and the accuracy under distress is incredible. Throwing contorted like that is also very Mahomes-like, not that I am calling him the next Mahomes.

That shortstop/outfielder throw has touch any accuracy ball just jumps off his hands