2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Advanced issues found

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

The only one here that suits your narrative is Hopkins. Allen ran the 40 with a hamstring injury. 

Guys like Michael Thomas and Anquan Boldin are built like the hulk. CeeDee is not. Not even close. He’s genetically built like Stefon Diggs. 

And I didn’t say no WR can succeed with a Late 4.5 time. I said a very small % does. And I also said Lambs only in trouble if he runs a 4.59 or worse. Although even at 4.55 - 4.57 I still expect separation issues like Davante Adams, but still a very good Top 20 NFL WR. 

Davante Adams: 4.56

Jarvis Landry: 4.58

Antonio Brown: 4.56

Doug Baldwin: 4.53

Courtland Sutton: 4.54

Brandon Marshall: 4.52

Mike Evans: 4.53

I could go on. Really racking up the Ls today.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Aiyuk should surprise this week. His 40 time should be really good he has great straight-line speed. His weigh-in results are very similar to OBJ.

I came aways impressed with Henry Rugg's measurements. I'm almost ready to move him ahead of CeeDee

Ruggs to me by how Bama used him you can just create ridiculous plays for. He can play anywhere on the line as a WR he is what Patterson was supposed to be. I love the top 3 WRs in this draft and would welcome any of Jeudy Lamb or Ruggs. But if we have a shot to get Simmons and Queen I would go the linebacker route. We would have upgraded our defense soo much just with those picks. 

I am just happy we have the draft guru himself as our GM and I can’t wait to see what Mayock does

12 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Davante Adams: 4.56

Jarvis Landry: 4.58

Antonio Brown: 4.56

Doug Baldwin: 4.53

Courtland Sutton: 4.54

Brandon Marshall: 4.52

Mike Evans: 4.53

I could go on. Really racking up the Ls today.

Adams has huge separation issues. 

Brown game tape is wayyyy faster than his 40. Lambs is not. His game tape speed is slow. 

And once again Mike Evans/Courtland Sutton are genetic freaks built Hulk-Like who both ran sub 4.55. I’m a big big fan of both of those guys. You are not taking into account that Lamb is a smaller guy, certainly not Hulk-Like by any stretch of the imagination. Small and Slow? You need one or the other. And there’s a huge difference from 4.53 to 4.57. 

No one is taking L’s but you today. Whatever floats your boat though. 

• Like 2

It seems to me that, even considering free agency, the pick at 12 has to be a receiver. If Jeudy is gone, I'd have to imagine Gruden covets Ruggs' speed over Lamb's physicality. Ruggs seems to be a better fit for the offense and Lamb a better fit for Carr--the latter reminds me a bit of Michael Crabtree.

At 19, I really hope Queen makes it. To me, he's a better box player than Isaiah Simmons and the Raiders desperately need 2 linebackers.

Outside the first round, these three have caught my eye:

Georgia OG Solomon Kindley: Massive guy who moves surprisingly well. It doesn't always look pretty, but he held up very well against Alabama's defensive line in 2018, and I liked the tape he put out against LSU this season.

Utah RB Zach Moss: I'm not sure if he's the perfect complement to Josh Jacobs, but I really like his game. Like Jacobs, he lacks long speed, but does his damage with burst and balance. I can't stop seeing Mark Ingram when I see him play.

Washington TE Hunter Bryant: I love his game--he reminds me of Evan Engram. He's also the perfect type of player Carr likes to target in the middle of the field: think a talented Mychal Rivera.

Edited by Rich7sena

Brandon Aiyuk is DJ’s 19th Ranked Prospect and McShay’s 18th Ranked Prospect. Yet you still barely see anyone talking about him among fans and Main Stream Media. I have him as my 15th and “Upper Tier”. Blazing fast, best fluidity changing direction of any prospect in the draft by far, fantastic on all three levels of the field, can take a slant or skinny post to the house better than anyone in this class, solid route runner, best at double moves in the entire class, and good hands. Just needs a ton of work defeating press. I also just found out today he was raised in Nevada and also Rocklin, CA. Would be cool to bring him home. 

I think Jerry Jeudy is far and away the best WR Prospect in this class though. He is my favorite WR Prospect (keyword: prospect, don’t look at hindsight) since AJ Green and Julio Jones in 2011. I was super high on both those guys, especially Green. 

• Like 1

Great throw by Love but risky. EXCELLENT measurables. That risk is what I think Love fans want to see more of and I understand it. Carr is vanilla pudding with no sprinkles. LOL Love is a Ben and Jerrys that had it's label removed. Could be GREAT and could be meh but it's still Ben and Jerry's. 

Jeudy is my #1 WR and I like his measurables. No way I go any DT above him. WR more of a need and I'm locking that down unless Simmons slips.

Queen brings energy and athletic ability but that doesn't look like a 1st round pick highlight even though he probably will be. Size reminds me of William Thomas. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

It seems to me that, even considering free agency, the pick at 12 has to be a receiver. If Jeudy is gone, I'd have to imagine Gruden covets Ruggs' speed over Lamb's physicality. Ruggs seems to be a better fit for the offense and Lamb a better fit for Carr--the latter reminds me a bit of Michael Crabtree.

At 19, I really hope Queen makes it. To me, he's a better box player than Isaiah Simmons and the Raiders desperately need 2 linebackers.

Outside the first round, these three have caught my eye:

Georgia OG Solomon Kindley: Massive guy who moves surprisingly well. It doesn't always look pretty, but he held up very well against Alabama's defensive line in 2018, and I liked the tape he put out against LSU this season.

Utah RB Zach Moss: I'm not sure if he's the perfect complement to Josh Jacobs, but I really like his game. Like Jacobs, he lacks long speed, but does his damage with burst and balance. I can't stop seeing Mark Ingram when I see him play.

Washington TE Hunter Bryant: I love his game--he reminds me of Evan Engram. He's also the perfect type of player Carr likes to target in the middle of the field: think a talented Mychal Rivera.

What about a guy like Kinlaw, I'd love to address WR but if Kinlaw is there I'd have a hard time passing on him if I think I can get a great WR at 19 or with a trade back into the 2nd and the dropoff shouldn't be as great as at other positions?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

What about a guy like Kinlaw, I'd love to address WR but if Kinlaw is there I'd have a hard time passing on him if I think I can get a great WR at 19 or with a trade back into the 2nd and the dropoff shouldn't be as great as at other positions?

Kinlaw’s knees will take him down like Gurley. He is crazy good but how long will he be that guy with his condition. If it wasn’t serious and he is good to go for the foreseeable future. I’d take him all day as long as certain people didn’t slip to 12. If Jeudy or Simmons  is there they are wearing silver and black

2 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Kinlaw’s knees will take him down like Gurley. He is crazy good but how long will he be that guy with his condition. If it wasn’t serious and he is good to go for the foreseeable future. I’d take him all day as long as certain people didn’t slip to 12. If Jeudy or Simmons  is there they are wearing silver and black

What's the latest on his knees? Didn't know there was anything substantial there but ive not followed the combine first couple of days TBH 

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What's the latest on his knees? Didn't know there was anything substantial there but ive not followed the combine first couple of days TBH 

https://clutchpoints.com/nfl-draft-news-south-carolina-javon-kinlaw-exits-senior-bowl-knee-tendinitis/

he has the talent to be a superstar and if his knee condition isn’t serious I would be on board with drafting him

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gannon12 said:

https://clutchpoints.com/nfl-draft-news-south-carolina-javon-kinlaw-exits-senior-bowl-knee-tendinitis/

he has the talent to be a superstar and if his knee condition isn’t serious I would be on board with drafting him

Oooooooo media was hyping that Kinlaw left sr bowl cause he was the god just abusing everyone and left because it was no comp and he had nothing left to prove.

59 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This does not surprise me. If theres a QB Gruden will fall in love with its Fromm IMO. 

I have him neck and neck as my QB2 and QB3 with Herbert behind Burrow ahead of Tua, Love and Eason.

Top 5 grade - Burrow

1st round grade - Fromm/Herbert

2nd round grade - Tua/Love/Eason  

Edited by OG_C2X

Just now, OG_C2X said:

This does not surprise me. If theres a QB Gruden will fall in love with its Fromm IMO. 

I have him neck and neck as my QB2 and QB3 with Herbert behind Burrow ahead of Tua, Love and Eason.

Top 5 grade - Burrow

1st round grade - Fromm/Herbert

2nd round grade - Tua/Love/Eason  

Are all of these guys better than Mahomes? :D jkjk..