2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I really do like the DE from Penn State yetur gross matos. He’s played so good this year. Very much improved as a run defender. 

Haven't seen a lot of him unfortunately. Rough year, because you have Young who is on another level it's hard to notice anyone else for me.

I do like the kid from Boise who's name escapes me. But he'll rise up fast. 

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Okay... as of right now, give your list of 2nd and 3rd round edge rushers. How are you even projecting them? 

There’s like 3-4 that I really like, one off the top of my head is that Michigan State kid Kenny Wilekes. Spent a good part of the day watching his plays last week. I don’t think his skillset gets him into the 1st Round if the season ended today but I really really like him. Plays with fire, relentless motor, prototypical 4-3, and has moves. 

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Haven't seen a lot of him unfortunately. Rough year, because you have Young who is on another level it's hard to notice anyone else for me.

I do like the kid from Boise who's name escapes me. But he'll rise up fast. 

Lol Young does make it hard for any other DE to get any big time media attention. 

I watched a lot of Penn State games and he jumps out. November 23rd he will have his chance against Ohio State to get everyone’s attention. 

19 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Lol Young does make it hard for any other DE to get any big time media attention. 

I watched a lot of Penn State games and he jumps out. November 23rd he will have his chance against Ohio State to get everyone’s attention. 

High character guy too and prototypical 4-3. I just want a better pass rusher than Ferrell though, someone who can get 10-12 a year. 

If our two 1sts could move us up to #3 before the draft I think I’d be willing to do that.

miami and Cinci are 1/2 and someone like Washington is 3 we give them our two Firsts equaling 2200 and move up before the picks are made. If Miami and Cinci both go QB then we get Chase Young. If one of them takes Chase them a top QB is there and we can trade down a little for more value than we gave up. 

I’d pray Young fell to us but if not then trade down for more value or take WR Jeudy.

Young and Jeudy I’d trade up big for. LB Simmions a few picks for using a 3rd but if we’re have 13/15 then we might miss out on the top 12 sure we could get two starters like IOL Biadasz and LB Murray but I’d rather go stud with Young or Jeudy. 

Top 12

QB Tua and Burrow, WR Jeudy, Lamb and Riggs. DE Young, Epenesa and DT Brown.

LB/DB Simmions, S Delpit, CB Okudah and T Thomas.

Now it would be a mistake if there was a run on QB’s as 13/15 could get us two of the top 12 mentioned. Herbert, Hurts, Eason and Fromm going in top 12 would do that but stranger things have happened. Some may not declare or slip because of injury or combine numbers. Making picks 4/5 desirable too. Our two 1sts for 5 and 2nd round works too. Lol

Hopefully we get a wildcard and our pick sucks making all this mind mash moot. :D

9 hours ago, G said:

If our two 1sts could move us up to #3 before the draft I think I’d be willing to do that.

miami and Cinci are 1/2 and someone like Washington is 3 we give them our two Firsts equaling 2200 and move up before the picks are made. 

I'm very opposed to trading up to #3, unless Gruden and Mayock go for their franchise qb.

Jacobs was drafted in 24th

Derwin James, Leighton vander Esch and Darius Leonard were drafted  in 17th, 19th and 36th in 2018. 

Keep the picks, go bpa and have a bigger shot at landing a difference maker would be my strategy. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Doubt CB is the move in the first. I think one of the main reasons we let Conley go is so as to not tie up too much money with DBs. Also he was a Reggie guy. Also he wasn't good.

Have to go DE & WR. LB wouldn't upset me either if he's a difference-maker.

Also think WR and DE has to be it but it also depends on FA and BPA. I would without second thought take Delpit over any WR and DE not named Jeudy and Young. 

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Also think WR and DE has to be it but it also depends on FA and BPA. I would without second thought take Delpit over any WR and DE not named Jeudy and Young. 

True, this FA class is loaded with pass rushers. Although usually the players you want to build around don't hit FA so its always buyer beware. Save for cases like KO or Brown where players want to be PAID. Yannick Ngakoue is high on my list.

• Like 1

Isaiah Simmons would be my first choice for a fringe top 10 pick. He's a ridiculous freak talent at LB and we may be in the perfect position to pick him. After Simmons, any pass rusher/WR talent would be nice. Ruggs stands out as a fit for our offense, but Lamb would also be very tempting if he's there.

I think we need to pay up for a good edge rusher in the offseason and then everything else will fall into place. 

I don't think our CB play is bad, but Joyner has to be replaced, either by a FA or a rookie. He just hasn't gotten it done and is way too slow to keep up with speedy receivers. I'd try to sign one of the FA corner pool and also draft a DB with one of our 3rds. There are some good divisional DB's up for grabs (simmons, fuller) who may be nice finds.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, G said:

I’d save 19 million by cutting Joyner and Whitehead. Wait til we have their replacements first. Not like cutting King making punter an obvious need and teams jumping us. Lol

I'm with you. Maybe look for a slot CB too. Harris isn't perfect but he can help as a 3rd Safety next year. Maybe Nixon becomes something. Idk, I'm sick of seeing Joyner trailing in highlights. Whitehead is cool for the locker room but he should not be playing so much.

• Like 2