2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

If Mayock feels confident in Murray, I’m on board. Said many times I trust Mayock more than anyone. That’s something we all agree on, we finally all have faith in our GM. 

My main con with Murray is my biggest personal pet peeve with Linebackers. His instincts leave a lot to he desired. Patrick Queen has much better natural instincts. 

Queen’s instincts with Murrays body, now we’re talkin...

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Stats aside though, you are drafting Love for his phenomenal talent. Laser arm, tremendous accuracy, tremendous pocket presence, tremendous off-script ability, and has shown the ability to throw completely contorted, from weird body angles, and multiple arm slots, while still firing off accurate lasers. No one does this besides Mahomes/Rodgers (younger Rodgers). He’ll be hard to stop if he gets a good grasp of NFL defenses. 

This chart reads otherwise in all those areas. Suspect accuracy. Struggles when pressured. Throws a number of risky balls.

Humble I like Dye even though many said they didn't like what they saw I'm thinking...

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/oregon-ducks/report-former-oregon-lb-troy-dye-played-multiple-games-torn-meniscus

His stats are excellent and #1 ability is AVAILABILITY...

Here's Fanspeaks currrent ranking of LB's I've heard about from FF in our and the draft forums. Add Uche (42) and Baun (28) Those two and Simmons, Queen and Murray are the ones expected to be gone by before the 3rd round...

3 LB  ISAIAH SIMMONS - CLEMSON
16 LB  PATRICK QUEEN - LSU
35 LB  KENNETH MURRAY - OKLAHOMA
64 LB  MALIK HARRISON - OHIO STATE
93 LB  AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER - APPALACHIAN STATE
95 LB  LOGAN WILSON - WYOMING
105 LB  JORDYN BROOKS - TEXAS TECH
113 LB  JACOB PHILLIPS - LSU
115 LB  WILLIE GAY JR. - MISSISSIPPI STATE
122 LB  TROY DYE - OREGON
134 LB  EVAN WEAVER - CALIFORNIA
155 LB  CAM BROWN - PENN STATE
181 LB  SHAQUILLE QUARTERMAN - MIAMI
191 LB  SAGE LEWIS - FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL
194 LB  JOE BACHIE - MICHIGAN STATE
216 LB  MICHAEL DIVINITY JR. - LSU
240 LB  MICHAEL PINCKNEY - MIAMI

245 LB  CHRIS ORR - WISCONSIN

354 LB  DAVID WOODWARD - UTAH STATE

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This chart reads otherwise in all those areas. Suspect accuracy. Struggles when pressured. Throws a number of risky balls.

Watch the game tape, his accuracy is money. Sure he throws a ton of risky throws. Risky throws is not “inaccuracy”. His coach has given him full control of the offense and encourages him to make plays since he has zero talent on his offensive roster. Obviously this will have a drastic affect on accuracy analytics. Yes? Have to look at substance. This is why analytics come no where even close to game tape. 

Edited by BayRaider

Am I the only one who thinks this draft ain’t gonna happen? Like the event part. Don’t see how the NFL can put all those fans together and risk it. Huge music festivals that gather hundred of thousands people got postponed . My money will be on the draft event not happening.

Random late night thinking by me 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

really strong possibility.. bummer, I was planning on going to Coachella. More and more cases of corona/with no cure. People not dying but they don't want it to get worse. High probability  there will be no event. Maybe just have players in a room in Vegas or something. Soccer games have had no fans, and NBA might do the same.

37 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Am I the only one who thinks this draft ain’t gonna happen? Like the event part. Don’t see how the NFL can put all those fans together and risk it. Huge music festivals that gather hundred of thousands people got postponed . My money will be on the draft event not happening.

100% agree. Read my post in the NFL Gen thread. 

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Because you brought up Loves conference and no great games against good teams when Carr is the excellent comparison here. Carr played in the same conference. Against the one ranked team they played, Carr faultered while Love played well. What’s hard to get why I brought him up? If you can’t take stats, don’t dish em out. 

I don’t want everything to become about Carr.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s still a month away a lot can change. Besides Coachella is way different, last year i believe there was an outbreak of herpes there. That sort of thing doesn’t happen at the draft. Lol

Edited by Chali21
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Watch the game tape, his accuracy is money. Sure he throws a ton of risky throws. Risky throws is not “inaccuracy”. His coach has given him full control of the offense and encourages him to make plays since he has zero talent on his offensive roster. Obviously this will have a drastic affect on accuracy analytics. Yes? Have to look at substance. This is why analytics come no where even close to game tape. 

Ian Wharton a paid professional who is well respected in the field did EXACTLY that and conclusions... accuracy was suspect. You are IGNORING facts to fit your narrative (homerism). 

Further, you have no idea what his coaches asked him to do. That is a made up assumption based on nothing.

Lastly, homerism is making consistent excuses and bending things to your favor in effort to encourage others to like a prospect. Or further calling his skill set "once in a blue moon" while ignoring he's not the best athlete in the QB class and doesn't have the best arm in the class. 

I like Love. I was among the first to talk about him in the forum (while you were jocking Eason who you completely flipped on). 

I can rationally look at his traits, while same time acknowledging his major flaws in accuracy, decision making and simplified college offense where he made 1 read. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

It’s still a month away a lot can change. Besides Coachella is way different, last year i believe there was an outbreak of syphilis there. That sort of thing doesn’t happen at the draft. Lol

It does if Simmons falls to 12 lol. 

• Like 1