2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I really don't understand why Ruggs is getting so much love everywhere. WRs under 6"0 and 190 rarely go in the top half of the 1st. Then there's his college production which is nothing great (and i know Alabama has other very good WRs but if you're a top 10 to 15 pick you're going to get involved a lot in your college offense anyway). I haven't watched him enough to say if he'll be good or not but at his size, he'd have to be incredibly good to justify a pick in the range he's generally projected. I can't buy into the hype with that guy.

Ruggs is an interesting prospect.  He’s a speed guy with very good hands and makes the Few Big WR contested catches he’s attempted.  But he doesn’t have great production, partly due to talent around him, and really showed limited routes.  

he’s a real hit or miss player imo and I really don’t have any inclination which one.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Ian Wharton a paid professional who is well respected in the field did EXACTLY that and conclusions... accuracy was suspect. You are IGNORING facts to fit your narrative (homerism)....

Talk about owning someone in a debate... golf👏, golf 👏 .  It really is frustrating when you hit someone with a reply like that, you mic drop and walk off, only to hear a response back that clearly did not acknowledge the truths that were just displayed.

Clearly.... Ian Warton is just some hack who wasn’t looking at the “substance of the highlights, I mean game tape”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

I really don't understand why Ruggs is getting so much love everywhere. WRs under 6"0 and 190 rarely go in the top half of the 1st.

The same reason Jordan Love is getting so much hype. This is a copycat league and if you try really hard Love looks like Mahomes and Ruggs looks like Hill.

If we are just being honest. That's why. 

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 5

So i guess we're keeping our 5th from the Mack trade or where is this 5th coming from? I thought we had a 7th too?

Edit: Checked the Bears picks and they got our 7th. So in the end the Mack trade was Mack, 2020 2nd and 7th for 2019 1st and 6th, 2020 1st and 3rd.

Edited by oakdb36

12 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

So i guess we're keeping our 5th from the Mack trade or where is this 5th coming from? I thought we had a 7th too?

I’m glad this finally came out definitively.  

the Mack trade had a conditional 5th owed Chicago which wasn’t met so it de-escalated to our 7th.

the trade officially was:

Oak- #19+’81 in ‘20 and ‘28+’196 in ‘19

Chi- Mack, #43 in ‘20, #226 in ‘20

as if giving back a 2nd to Chicago wasn’t bad enough, Reggie didn’t have the balls I say no to an additional conditional 5th! Lol it’s almost like Chicago threw the 2nd out there last second to see if they could get us cave and when that worked they said ohhhh and a 5th... and Reggie only countered with a conditional 5th.... and walked away thinking “suckers! I’m the best negotiator!”

If Mayock or I was the GM, Mack and a 3rd in ‘20 would have gone to the Jets for 2 1sts, at worst.  And we’d have walked away with #3 in ‘19 (Quinnen Williams and Ceedee Lamb) but no #80.  

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Lamb had some nice ups and hands at the pro day 

http://bleacherreport.com/post/nfl-draft/418bd4fb-a367-406b-9cbf-eb62abe1bd48

Lamb has a number of comps that I could use. When blocking, he is like Hines Ward. His hands are very strong like an Anquan Boldin. His frame and style are similar to Hopkins. 

Is there really a good comp for him? 

16 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Lamb has a number of comps that I could use. When blocking, he is like Hines Ward. His hands are very strong like an Anquan Boldin. His frame and style are similar to Hopkins. 

Is there really a good comp for him? 

I think Hopkins is a good comp. I've always used comps to show what type of player a prospect will be in the NFL. For example, to me, Hopkins is a category of player that includes a category of players like Adams and Crabtree. The 6'2"ish receiving who wins with route savvy, strong hands, and body control.