2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Ashtyn Davis is the safety I like. Experience of playing CB, nickel and safety, has great athleticism and likes to hit. Little bit raw but might even move to CB. Former walk on who is very good on Special Teams. Might take a 2nd to get him though.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Ashtyn Davis is the safety I like. Experience of playing CB, nickel and safety, has great athleticism and likes to hit. Little bit raw but might even move to CB. Former walk on who is very good on Special Teams. Might take a 2nd to get him though.

Davis is a nice player, very rangy but Im not sure he really fits into what we’ve been doing and what we apparently plan to do with interchangeable safeties. He’s almost a prototypical centre field FS I think so not really sure if we’ll look for that but he is raw and mouldable so he may be an under the radar type player for us.

Agree with much of the sentiment here. With our moves in FA and the almost certainty of picking a WR at 12, that 19 pick becomes really curious. It seems most of us are unsure about all the DBs. Either that the ones projected to go around there have question marks and nobody really likes them or the ones we all like are projected to go later.

I also think the same as Bay that Mayock will be happy to do as he did with Ferrell and take the guy he likes even if it is earlier than others would go. I have a suspicion it will be Terrell. 

In many ways it’s kinda liberating, like the value goes out of the window for players in positions of need. Just choose your poison. I like Johnson, Terrell and Gladney. They just seem like solid CBs that other teams pick a little early in the middle of rounds 1 and end up being really solid. Ideally you want to trade down, but if you like them enough, don’t overthink it. Fans are weird with perceived value.

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Davis is a nice player, very rangy but Im not sure he really fits into what we’ve been doing and what we apparently plan to do with interchangeable safeties. He’s almost a prototypical centre field FS I think so not really sure if we’ll look for that but he is raw and mouldable so he may be an under the radar type player for us.

I looked at Davis as well and came to a similar conclusion though I think he is a better tackler than you may be giving him credit for. Plus with him being moldable they may see the chance to teach him the game we want to play. He is a super athlete.

On the other side of it, and I say this not having fully review the previous pages in this tread, what do you think the chances of us surprising some and going after Xavier McKinney as a plug and play partner for Abrams?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Or SLB might be a better fit. 

Depends on the defense he’s in and what’s asked of him.  But yeah If he bulked up I could see that.  
I’d prefer him as will and letting him chase down plays.