2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

People love 1st Round Pick hype but I think most need to come to terms (and I think most have) that Pick 19 is not gonna be flashy in any way. You got Jaylon Johnson, AJ Terrell, Ross Blacklock, Justin Jefferson (if no WR at 12), Zack Baun, Kristian Fulton, or Patrick Queen probably as the Pick at 19. I like all of those players outside Fulton actually, but it’s going to be a mixed reaction from our fanbase regardless. At the end of the day, trust in Mayock, and trust in the process. 

Edited by BayRaider

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Think this forum would explode if we took a defensive player at 12 and Lamb fell to 19 (I know most of you really like him). Could certainly happen. Jeudy is a perfect fit for SF and Ruggs is a perfect fit for Denver. No team from 16-18 has a need for a WR. Although I’m not sure Eagles stand idly by and let Lamb fall in our laps. 

Eagles have a need at WR. Ask their fans

On 08/04/2020 at 2:25 PM, big_palooka said:
On 08/04/2020 at 1:49 PM, Chali21 said:

All reasons I like Lamb the most, but I do believe that the Raiders will take Juedy, who feels like a Cooper clone. 

I think Gruden will opt for speed and want Ruggs personally.

Saw an interview with Chris Simms recently who of course played under Gruden, he stated that he thought Gruden would love Lamb as a receiver. Of course its just his opinion and that's not to say he won't like the others as they both have their merits and of course the Raiders are a different team now with differing requirements. 

I think a case can be made for any and that's part if the intrigue, personally I like Lamb as my top receiver, just seems like the type who is greater than the sum of his parts and will make clutch, big time plays when they are required.    

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Saw an interview with Chris Simms recently who of course played under Gruden, he stated that he thought Gruden would love Lamb as a receiver. Of course its just his opinion and that's not to say he won't like the others as they both have their merits and of course the Raiders are a different team now with differing requirements. 

I think a case can be made for any and that's part if the intrigue, personally I like Lamb as my top receiver, just seems like the type who is greater than the sum of his parts and will make clutch, big time plays when they are required.    

He really does have the it factor 

On 09/04/2020 at 4:44 AM, jimkelly02 said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/09000d5d82862de5/Al-Davis-draft-philosophy

i was saving this link for a long post I was writing (I write them in my word doc first if long, cuz I’m lost like 3 long, detailed messages... then just gave up Instead rewriting).

Al thought if he saw a player show elite abilities against elite competition then it was on his coaches to bring it out on a consistent basis. 

Absolutely fascinating, thank you for posting this. 👍

On 4/8/2020 at 8:44 PM, jimkelly02 said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/09000d5d82862de5/Al-Davis-draft-philosophy

i was saving this link for a long post I was writing (I write them in my word doc first if long, cuz I’m lost like 3 long, detailed messages... then just gave up Instead rewriting).

Al thought if he saw a player show elite abilities against elite competition then it was on his coaches to bring it out on a consistent basis. 

Great share. 

It was too bad that Davis had this philosophy towards the end and was so ridged in his ways.  Drafting players like Russell and DHB who had elite physical tools (arm, speed) but were terrible football players that he was relying on the coaching to get the most out of clearly backfired and rarely worked.  

It also didn't help that no respectable coach would come to Oakland because of Al and the way he ran the franchise.  We were stuck with project players and a terrible coaching staff which is why we were a dumpster fire for so many years.  

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think he played at a better school, so that is the perception. I'd take Reagor late 1st or in the 2nd over Ruggs a 12. 

Apparently Mayock and Gruden love Reagor too. But one is a 4.48 guy and one is a 4.27 guy. Big difference.