2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You have the quote/source? Where there's smoke there's fire. He's got a great mentality from listening to him during interviews...

I either saw it on Twitter or I believe Vic Tafur mentioned it in a podcast. It was before the combine. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Reagor in the 1st, especially at 19, seems like an epic reach. If we can get two seconds and get Reagor/CB that’d be fine. 

Epic reach? I think he's a mid-late first round talent at WR. It's not optimal, but if we took Mims or Reagor at 19 because there was no trade back available, I wouldn't be angry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Epic reach? I think he's a mid-late first round talent at WR. It's not optimal, but if we took Mims or Reagor at 19 because there was no trade back available, I wouldn't be angry.

If the top 3 WR are off of the board I'd be okay with Reagor or Shenault at #19 if we can't trade back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m not expecting more than 5 WRs in the 1st Round, and that includes Mims in the final few picks. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Have heard on a couple of different podcasts that NFL teams love Mims. 

49ers at 31 seems like a good fit for him if they bypass WR at 13. 

I know the WR hype is crazy for this class but I also think a bit of realism is in order. 6 WRs are not going in the 1st Round. I’d be willing to wager a good 100 with anyone on that. 

Edited by BayRaider

I think the ceiling for WRs is something like this: 

12. One of the top three

13. One of the top three

15. One of the top three

21. Eagles - Mims (they seem to not like Jefferson)

30. Jefferson 

This is why when I heard Reagor/Shenault at 19, I’m like, wut? How many WRs do you think possibly go in the 1st. 

I honestly think only 4 go in the 1st and 50/50 on 5. 

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Was this a different forum? I don’t remember a single member of the 40-45 posters on here advocating for Jordan Love. I personally think you just wanted to hate on Love, which you do all the time. 

I’ve never posted the Alex Rollins “Justin Herbert is the Next NFL Bust” video because I didn’t wanna get labeled a hater. Which I would of been labeled. 

I think I did not at 12 tho

I think I wanted Higgins at 12 and love at 19 my pre combine mock

But how about this counter-culture idea from one smart GM on Saturday: “I bet 40 percent of the teams in the league have C.J. Henderson higher on their boards than Okudah. Better cover guy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/13/nfl-draft-first-round-coronavirus-life-fmia-peter-king/

12. LAS VEGAS. Jon Gruden’s been grousing that he’s got no home-run playmakers at wideout. Mike Mayock wants clean character guys. Ceedee Lamb seems pretty logical.

19. LAS VEGAS. Mike Mayock won’t be able to pass on Florida corner C.J. Henderson if he’s here (and I wouldn’t be surprised at a Raider tradeup for him), not after formerly Raider-bound Eli Apple failed his physical and the Raiders got outbid on Byron Jones. Of course, they could go Henderson at 11 and an excellent wideout at 19 too.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

With Mayock's brief draft history, if I was a betting man and had to pick which CB we'd take I'm betting the house on it being AJ Terrell

Agree. He's better than Johnson and comes with a Clemson background that Mayock likes. 

• Like 2