2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've seen Jeudy compared to Cooper, Chad Johnson, Antonio Brown, and Isaac Bruce. 

I will still be happy with Jeudy at 12. I want Lamb, but Jeudy is a very talented WR who can be a high volume WR1. Will he ever be a go to RZ/Jump Ball guy? I don't think so. But he can help us in a lot of other ways and we can get another WR in rd 3 or beyond who can do RZ/contested catch stuff for us, e.g. Bryan Edwards. 

The rationale with Jeudy is that you make use of his matchup/route running ability to the fullest. If a team brackets Jeudy, throw to waller 10+ times. If they bracket Waller, throw to Jeudy 10+ times. Plus renfrow underneath, tyrell in the intermediate/deep part of the field, and dumpoffs to Josh Jacobs. There definitely are tantalizing possibilities with both Jeudy and Lamb

Screw needs,  let’s get a ⭐️ 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/amp/MVP-of-this-NFL-draft-LSU-s-Lavon-Chaisson-15195857.php 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/k'lavon-chaisson?id=32194348-4103-1652-cb42-0c501912b1a9

give me Aldon Smith without the red flags. 

12. Chaisson 

19. Jaylon Johnson - complete our defense overhaul 

trade up 2nd for Shenault 

find a terry McLaurin type wideout in the 3rd, deep class. Maybe trade up for Reagor/Shenault /Mims in the early 2nd. Or trust the process and find WR value in the 3rd

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Screw needs let’s get a ⭐️ 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/amp/MVP-of-this-NFL-draft-LSU-s-Lavon-Chaisson-15195857.php 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/k'lavon-chaisson?id=32194348-4103-1652-cb42-0c501912b1a9

give me Aldon Smith without the red flags. 

12. Chaisson 

19. Jaylon Johnson - complete our defense overhaul 

trade up 2nd for Shenault 

find a terry McLaurin type wideout in the 3rd, deep class. Maybe trade up for Reagor/Shenault /Mims in the early 2nd. Or trust the process and find WR value in the 3rd

HB if you didn't spontaneously flipflop between random draft scenarios every few days, people would be more able to engage you in discussion. Instead you kind of leave yourself open to the "if you throw 100 darts at the table something will stick".

Also I don't really understand how Chiasson is the "star" you want. He still has a ton of developing that he needs to do. He definitely wasn't as good a prospect as Aldon Smith coming out. Not as big or strong either. And he didn't even do athletic testing.

If you come back in 2 more days and say "screw it let's double up on WR and take Jeudy and Ruggs", or something to that effect, how do you expect that people will take it? Just curious...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I agree people are going to pass on WR early, I see Ruggs at #19

Very interesting clip. 

I wonder if it's been leaked that NYG will pass on Simmons for an OT, which is smart, but I wouldn't fault them for taking Simmons instead.

AZ will most likely go OT unless Brown or Okudah are there.

CLE has to go OT unless they want Baker feeling the heat again. Signing Conklin was not enough.

I see JAX as a darkhorse for both an OT or a WR, but they most likely go CJ Henderson imo.

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I agree about ball skills and you gotta think rookie dez. Same 40 time also.

Dez is also a lot bigger and was a good punt returner too. I think Lamb could be better after the catch though. But it’s not like I have a good comparison for Lamb. 

22 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I agree people are going to pass on WR early, I see Ruggs at #19

I think the depth of wr in this class might make gms skeptical about taking one early. could also see ruggs slipping to 19 with so many good wrs available in rounds 2-4.  

at 12: lamb/jeudy, trade up for okudah/simmons if they fall a bit

19: ruggs (unless we get lamb/jeudy at 12), trade back, chaisson, baun,

round 2 is a hotspot for CB's and we could possible double dip and grab 2 in the first 3 rounds I'm hoping. I like jaylon johnson and terrell but feel like they are too rich for 19 and would prefer a trade back if we were really targeting them.

35 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Dez is also a lot bigger and was a good punt returner too. I think Lamb could be better after the catch though. But it’s not like I have a good comparison for Lamb. 

If you can’t see that dez is the perfect comp I dunno what to tell you cause you obviously know nothing about football all you know is homer stuff geeeze 

lol just kidding homie I just wanted to know what it feels like to be obnoxious lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One of my favorite prospects in the class. Funny enough he has been compared to Damarious Randall. My man crush and dream pick at #80 is still Ashtyn Davis though. 

Ringer compared Davis to Randall. And Jon Ledyard ranked Davis his top S in the class. This class is wild with differing opinions. 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Vic comp for Jerry Jeudy is Antonio Brown. Interesting comp, but I see it with his route running ability. I find the Cooper comp rather lazy and easy since they come from the same college. 

Vic is not a talent evaluatorr for a reason. Brown is a dominate contested pass catcher. He can win with speed, routes and being physical. He had a punt return background as well. Was hard to tackle and bring down on first contact. I don't see it.

I see Calvin Ridley... same size, speed and route prowess. Just because they both went to 'Bama is not a valid argument against it. A lot of great WR go there. Only 1 has really taken it to the next level in the NFL however. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Vic is not a talent evaluatorr for a reason. Brown is a dominate contested pass catcher. He can win with speed, routes and being physical. He had a punt return background as well. Was hard to tackle and bring down on first contact. I don't see it.

I see Calvin Ridley... same size, speed and route prowess. Just because they both went to 'Bama is not a valid argument against it. A lot of great WR go there. Only 1 has really taken it to the next level in the NFL however. 

Vic is a terrible talent evaluator lmao. Ted Nguyen always says things on the podcast that are backed up by watching tons and tons of all 22 from college tape (idk where he gets it, but he uses it in his breakdowns). Vic probably watches 2 youtube highlights and says "yeah I FINALLY figured out who the best fit for the Raiders is". 

Dude gave us Kyler Dugger in the 40s in his mock draft (bleh) and couldn't even explain where he would contribute/what he would actually do in this defense.

Ted blasted Trevon Diggs and Jalen Hurts with solid, well-backed evidence and Vic was just like "well his (diggs') ball skills can't be atrocious, he's a CFB player ".

The only thing I trust vic for is his actual reporting and who he says the raiders like/don't like (which have been pretty well backed).

The new Athletic guy for the Raiders, Tashan Reed may not have Vics sense of humor, but he's already put out much better articles (e.g. possible raiders fits at RB, CB in the draft, CB in free agency, etc.).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

HB if you didn't spontaneously flipflop between random draft scenarios every few days, people would be more able to engage you in discussion. Instead you kind of leave yourself open to the "if you throw 100 darts at the table something will stick".

Also I don't really understand how Chiasson is the "star" you want. He still has a ton of developing that he needs to do. He definitely wasn't as good a prospect as Aldon Smith coming out. Not as big or strong either. And he didn't even do athletic testing.

If you come back in 2 more days and say "screw it let's double up on WR and take Jeudy and Ruggs", or something to that effect, how do you expect that people will take it? Just curious...

lock down talk I guess. Really like Chiasson, and see a star