2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

They could pass on him now considering I doubt any of them buy this diluted sample excuse. It’s just what players do when they know they’ll have a positive test. Also I suppose we are looking at different mocks.

Show me one!

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Bucky's is laughable, but I guess I just See BAL and N.E on different players.

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Jordan Elliott from Missouri is that dude

Him/Hurts is by far my favorite 80/81 combo right now. 

I like to go trenches every draft. That’s where games are won. And I see a lot of fans mocking WR/CB in the 1st and RB/CB/S in the 3rd. I’m fine with WR/CB in the 1st but I’d rather go DT and OG in the 3rd Round. RB in the 4th. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Why do I get the sense the same crowd that is preaching passing on WR early are the same ones who a want Carr replaced? 

Are you referring to people on here(haven't been keeping up lately with the draft thread) or on Twitter? I see it on Twitter to be honest

I’ve cooled on Jefferson a bit, super polished WR and certainly a 1st Round talent. However, for the Raiders, we need an outside guy, I’m not confident Jefferson can play there consistently. I’m more confident in Jeudy in doing that over Jefferson. Jeudy plays a lot of slot too but he has tons of snaps on the outside and I’m confident enough he can play it in the NFL. 

Although the point of this post is, if Okudah, Simmons, or Brown fell to 12 (very very unlikely), the WR I’d pick at 19 would be Mims over Jefferson (if we even take a WR at 19 in this situation). I still think Jefferson is a better player than Mims. Just not a fit for us. 

If it was Brown or Simmons who fell to 12, and not Okudah, I’d rather go Terrell or Johnson at 19 and get WR in the 3rd.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why do I get the sense the same crowd that is preaching passing on WR early are the same ones who a want Carr replaced? 

Considering Frankie, OGX, and Humble are the three biggest advocates of passing WR in the 1st, and the three biggest Carr guys, I’m not sure I see this, at all. 

I’ve made my preferences clear: I’d like to trade 12 down to 21 or so. Get Jaylon Johnson/AJ Terrell and Zack Baun/Ross Blacklock at 19/21. Defense wins championships. This is one of the deepest WR classes of all time. Trade into the Late 2nd and grab Shenault, Claypool, Pittman Jr., or Hamler. As @NYRaider said, 10 of 12 teams in the playoffs did not have a true WR1. You just need two solid starters. 

However, if we stay at 12? And Okudah, Brown, and Simmons are gone? Then I’ll take Jeudy, Ruggs III, or Lamb all day. They will be by far BPA at that pick. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I actually get the sense that Carr's biggest fans who's excuses were Carr has no weapons our WR core is garbage, is preaching pass on WR early.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

I actually get the sense that Carr's biggest fans who's excuses were Carr has no weapons our WR core is garbage, is preaching pass on WR early.

Same here. It’s also what I see on Twitter for the most part. 

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm pretty sure it's split up differently and not really based on support for Carr.

@dante9876 and I are both all in on Lamb at 12, but we were on opposing sides with Carr.  I can't speak for him, but I want Lamb no matter who our QB ends up being.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, true2form said:

I'm pretty sure it's split up differently and not really based on support for Carr.

@dante9876 and I are both all in on Lamb at 12, but we were on opposing sides with Carr.  I can't speak for him, but I want Lamb no matter who our QB ends up being.

I’m on the fence with carr but I want 2 wrs before the 3rd round

• Like 2

I think it's a huge fail if we walk out of round 1 without a WR who is a "go to guy". We don't have a reliable RZ threat. We lack a dynamic presence in the WR room and as it stands you can just bracket waller because who else is REALLY gonna beat you. That being said, we could trade down from 12 or 19 to take one, but I'll be very disappointed if we can't land one of the big 3.

My ideal guys would be Lamb and Terrell and I'll stand by that. Kollmann has Terrell as CB2 behind Okudah. I'm inclined to agree because I value tackling a lot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m on the fence with carr but I want 2 wrs before the 3rd round

It can still work out for everyone in this deep class. 

Eagles give us 21 and 53 for 12 and 81.

19. Jaylon/Terrell, 21. Baun/Blacklock

53. Shenault

80. Pittman Jr. (think hes still here)

However, I’ll very respectfully disagree that we need 2 WR’s in this draft. Tyrell is a very solid starter and Renfrow is just fine in the slot, not to mention Agholor sounds like a perfect slot also, for Grudens offense. 

I think we just need one outside starter and we’re good. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve cooled on Jefferson a bit, super polished WR and certainly a 1st Round talent. However, for the Raiders, we need an outside guy, I’m not confident Jefferson can play there consistently. I’m more confident in Jeudy in doing that over Jefferson. Jeudy plays a lot of slot too but he has tons of snaps on the outside and I’m confident enough he can play it in the NFL. 

Although the point of this post is, if Okudah, Simmons, or Brown fell to 12 (very very unlikely), the WR I’d pick at 19 would be Mims over Jefferson (if we even take a WR at 19 in this situation). I still think Jefferson is a better player than Mims. Just not a fit for us. 

If it was Brown or Simmons who fell to 12, and not Okudah, I’d rather go Terrell or Johnson at 19 and get WR in the 3rd.

Only thing I will say and call me crazy but playing slot in the sec is different than playing slot in the big 12. Sec guys jam slot wrs just like on the outside.