2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, raidr4life said:

We have no 2nd round pick and you have to be really lucky to get a guy in the 3rd who can make a difference immediately no matter how deep we think the draft is.

This was under a trade down situation of Pick 12 to 21 and acquire 53 in exchange for 81. If we stay at 12, and the Big Three Defenders are gone, then Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb are the no-brainer selection. 

And once again, you don’t need a True WR1 to win a championship. Almost all champions usually just have two solid starters. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Trade into the Late 2nd and grab Shenault, Claypool, Pittman Jr., or Hamler. As @NYRaider said, 10 of 12 teams in the playoffs did not have a true WR1. You just need two solid starters. 

lol..... Trade up for Shenault?!? You literally said this about him:

On 3/2/2020 at 11:29 PM, BayRaider said:

Shenault is the usual internet draft darling that won’t do much in the NFL I see... can save this for 2 years from now before everyone claims “hindsight”. This type of stuff happens with 1-2 players every year. There is literally nothing special about Shenault. He’s a slower, slightly more well rounded, Cordarrelle Patterson. His speed is grossly overrated, average speed on tape at best, his elusiveness is overrated, he won’t get that in the NFL, and his playmaking ability is grossly exaggerated. 

Spare me the "you're allowed to change your mind" routine. Guy hasn't been able to work out, so that doesn't hold weight. And regardless, you absolutely buried him saying he won't do much in the NFL and there is nothing special about him. 

...... be right back, need a new pancake gif 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This was under a trade down situation of Pick 12 to 21 and acquire 53 in exchange for 81. If we stay at 12, and the Big Three Defenders are gone, then Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb are the no-brainer selection. 

And once again, you don’t need a True WR1 to win a championship. Almost all champions usually just have two solid starters. 

"Just two solid starters?"

How do you expect to have a chance to beat KC with "just two solid starters"? They have a hell of a lot more than that.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol..... Trade up for Shenault?!? You literally said this about him:

Spare me the "you're allowed to change your mind" routine. Guy hasn't been able to work out, so that doesn't hold weight. And regardless, you absolutely buried him saying he won't do much in the NFL and there is nothing special about him. 

...... be right back, need a new pancake gif 

Shirley Temple Lol GIF - ShirleyTemple Lol Laugh - Discover ...

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

N.E. top WR Julian Edelman I wouldn't call him a True #1 WR but he is a go to guy, a lot of teams go to guy's are not Eliite #1 WR's, we need atleast a go to guy.

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

N.E. top WR Julian Edelman I wouldn't call him a True #1 WR but he is a go to guy, a lot of teams go to guy's are not Eliite #1 WR's, we need atleast a go to guy.

Edelmen was found in the 7th Round. Claiming there will be zero go-to guys after the Top 50 picks in this WR class is a bit of a stretch imo. Although I certainly understand your point. 

Anyone see NFLN/ESPN are teaming up this year? ESPN’s Presentation with NFL Network’s cast, would be dope! Will probably be half and half though. Kiper, McShay, DJ, Eisen/Charles Davis?

I always watch NFL Network, way better analysis and commentators. However, ESPN’s overall presentation is miles better. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Edelmen was found in the 7th Round. Claiming there will be zero go-to guys after the Top 50 picks in this WR class is a bit of a stretch imo. Although I certainly understand your point. 

Julian Edelman took 4 years of development too. I think we need more of a contributor faster.  Kelvin Harmon was a 5th rounder (6th? something late) last year and sarted half the year and only put up about 400 yards as a successful pick. We'd need someone more NFL ready now for WR as we should view 4th-UDFA as potential to develop guys. You don't draft purely on need though, so if WR you like is gone don't reach but navigate the board for a ready to contribute guy imo.

Lynn Bowden kinds profiles as the mid-late developmental maybe with a year off playing QB out of desperation limiting his WR development.

• Like 1

If trading is not possible and let’s say Okudah, Simmons, Brown are long gone (All Top 8 Picks or so) then:

12. Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb (My preference is Jeudy here, always has been)

19. Jaylon Johnson or AJ Terrell, totally fine with either one. 

I don’t think this makes us a playoff team, but we should be very competitive, and the future looks very bright for 2021. 

@MrOaktown_56

You are more adamant getting one of the Top 3 WRs than any poster on here. So let me play a situation for you. 

Simmons or Brown fall to 12 by small chance. No fan in their right mind passes them up imo (especially Simmons) nor does Mayock probably. 

At 19, do you go Mims? If so, how do you solve CB? The WR class is much deeper than the corner class. I know you like Dantzler but when we play the Chiefs 2x a year I just don’t see the fit. 

Edited by BayRaider