2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Don't you guys think Waller could take another step with a guy like Ruggs. Waller kinda was a rookie last year, and defenses started to key in on him after he established himself. With Ruggs speed to run deep and immediate routes, teams wouldn't be able to focus on Waller. Similar to the Kelce/Tyreke dynamic in KC

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I stand corrected the grammatical error through me off.

but i still don’t think he’s going to ever be a WR who consistently has 80+ catches.  He’s not a “chain mover”.  He’ll get his big plays here and there but he’s never going to be an elite WR.

None of big 3 may end up Julio Jones type WR's since those only come around every so often but they all can be go to guy's even Ruggs..

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There are rumors that Okudah could slide down the board into the 8-10 range.

I don’t think I’ve had him going to Detroit in a single one of my mocks, maybe one. The corner value they will have 35 is really good. Patricia has been told, literally told, he’s on the hotseat. Corners take a year to develop, even Okudah. I like Simmons or Brown to the Lions, and most likely Simmons. 

Okudah 8 to the Cards or 9 to the Jags seem like his most realistic landing spots in my opinion. Still extremely doubt he makes it to 12. Would be fantastic though. 

34 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Don't you guys think Waller could take another step with a guy like Ruggs. Waller kinda was a rookie last year, and defenses started to key in on him after he established himself. With Ruggs speed to run deep and immediate routes, teams wouldn't be able to focus on Waller. Similar to the Kelce/Tyreke dynamic in KC

I think he'll take another step regardless as he gets used to playing the position. But having a big time #1 WR like Lamb, a healthy Tyrell Williams, and an improved Hunter Renfrow would/will certainly open up more looks for him. 

40 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Every one wants Ruggs to be Tyreke Hill 2.0. What makes him more Tyreke then John Ross or Brandin Cooks? Hollywood Brown was ballin when he was healthy, and he was a burner too. How does he compare with all those speedsters? 

I'd say he's closer to Cooks than Hill because he doesn't have Hill's strength. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

His 7 round mock was one of the worst that I've seen. A ton of strange picks. 

You could say that about the “real” draft every year though, to be fair. 

If someone had a Mock that ended up 32/32 correct of the 1st Round, and saw it today before the draft, everyone would call that mock “dumb”. 

Just food for thought. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ve never thought Lamb was gonna be the #1 WR drafted. That hype only started 2 1/2 weeks ago. Jeudy still goes 1st imo, whether it’s the Jets at #11, Raiders at #12, or 49ers at #13, I think he goes first. I’m not gonna guarantee but I’d literally be shocked if Jeudy isn’t the first WR taken. 

53 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

None of big 3 may end up Julio Jones type WR's since those only come around every so often but they all can be go to guy's even Ruggs..

Everyone keeps saying that a WR at #12 has to be elite/dominant to be worth the pick. But in reality there are only 5 WR's in the league that have put up 1,000+ yards in the last 3 seasons: Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, and Mike Evans. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Everyone keeps saying that a WR at #12 has to be elite/dominant to be worth the pick. But in reality there are only 5 WR's in the league that have put up 1,000+ yards in the last 3 seasons: Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, and Mike Evans. 

Stefon Diggs and Tyreek Hill both also qualify.

almost but not because missed games Davante Adams and Robert Woods, almost but was 1 or 2 catches short two years Jarvis Landry.

I'd say it's more like ten WRs in the NFL who consistently put up 1k yards. Guys like Amari and Odell only miss it because of a single down year for Cooper and Odell's injured year.

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And that's my point if you get a 1000 yard WR at 12 it's a win, even if you can't call him elite.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve never thought Lamb was gonna be the #1 WR drafted. That hype only started 2 1/2 weeks ago. Jeudy still goes 1st imo, whether it’s the Jets at #11, Raiders at #12, or 49ers at #13, I think he goes first. I’m not gonna guarantee but I’d literally be shocked if Jeudy isn’t the first WR taken. 

Vine Ok GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So you not worried about Jeudy's horrible wonderlic?

Edited by raidr4life