2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Considering the Clelin Ferrell pick, Mike Mayock is likely to surprise us (I know I didnt see that coming). His drafting style seems to be focused on getting good character guys that will be solid to good for ten years (barring injury). It's the thing that made our last draft arguably our best. But there is one caveat: Ferrell at #4...... I am of the belief that you draft a potential hall of famer when drafting that high. No matter where Mayock is drafting, he sticks to his style. If by chance the Raiders lose the rest of the games, be prepared for a "WTF" pick.

For the record, I would go for strong defense with our two 1st rounders. This is the best WR class since 96, and remember Terrell Owens went in the 3rd round that year, so its possible to get a really good one with one of our 3rd rounders.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Considering the Clelin Ferrell pick, Mike Mayock is likely to surprise us (I know I didnt see that coming). His drafting style seems to be focused on getting good character guys that will be solid to good for ten years (barring injury). It's the thing that made our last draft arguably our best. But there is one caveat: Ferrell at #4...... I am of the belief that you draft a potential hall of famer when drafting that high. No matter where Mayock is drafting, he sticks to his style. If by chance the Raiders lose the rest of the games, be prepared for a "WTF" pick.

For the record, I would go for strong defense with our two 1st rounders. This is the best WR class since 96, and remember Terrell Owens went in the 3rd round that year, so its possible to get a really good one with one of our 3rd rounders.

I want a first round stud so we can stop making excuses for Carr when he's not getting him the ball.

Just looked at some highlights of Jordan Love (just the highlights not game film).

My take: Fairly accurate whether he is stationary or on the move. Good arm talent. Has a slight hitch in his throwing motion though. Could use a year with a QB coach to tidy that up. Like others have said, he is raw and will need to sit at least a year.

I wouldn't be mad if Mayock took him in the 3rd or 4th round. Wouldn't touch him in the 1st round though.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

We need a base defensive end. The jury is still out on Ferrell.