2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We need a base defensive end. The jury is still out on Ferrell. 

Mayock and the Coaching Staff believe in him. So, it's likely he will get every opportunity to succeed.

But to add to what i was saying. If you draft a guy that make most draft experts and knowlegeable fans scratch their heads, 9 times out of 10, you made the wrong pick. Still a terrific draft, but to miss on your 1st pick looks bad. Hope Ferrell proves me wrong.

We need like 5-6 starters on defense to be honest 

DE- Ferrell / Mad Max -let them battle for starter

UT- ?????     hurst/Hall more of rotation players 

NT- Hankins - he is fine and a stud 

DE- ??????? Need to spend big on a Vet who is a force. We need to plug in that pass rush weakness with a vet 

WLB- ?????

MLB- ?????

SLB- ??????  Maybe Lee can finish season strong. Least important position since we play a lot of 5 DB lineups 

CB- ????? 

CB- Mullen’s- still needs to prove himself but I think he starts next year 

nickel- Joyner - bring him back for leadership 

FS-  ????? Depends what we do with Joseph 

SS - Abram 

actually need 7 new starters on defense! Yowie Wowie 

Edited by Humble_Beast

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

We need like 5-6 starters on defense to be honest 

DE- Ferrell / Mad Max -let them battle for starter

UT- ?????     hurst/Hall more of rotation players 

NT- Hankins - he is fine and a stud 

DE- ??????? Need to spend big on a Vet who is a force. We need to plug in that pass rush weakness with a vet 

WLB- ?????

MLB- ?????

SLB- ??????  Maybe Lee can finish season strong. Least important position since we play a lot of 5 DB lineups 

CB- ????? 

CB- Mullen’s- still needs to prove himself but I think he starts next year 

nickel- Joyner - bring him back for leadership 

FS-  ????? Depends what we do with Joseph 

SS - Abram 

actually need 7 new starters on defense! Yowie Wowie 

You don't need 7 new starters.

You need 2 impact guys. Impact players at DT and ILB would improve the defense dramatically. The issue is with the defense is in the front 7. They need someone who can collapse the pocket inside. This will help the pass rush as a unit. And a LB who can run and cover. This will shore up the RB/TE's who continue to kill the current defense. 

You need an impact player at each level of your defense. Abram/Mullen have potential to be that on the back end. Need to add those pieces in the front 7. 

And a LB who 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

You need 2 impact guys. Impact players at DT and ILB would improve the defense dramatically. The issue is with the defense is in the front 7. They need someone who can collapse the pocket inside. This will help the pass rush as a unit. And a LB who can run and cover. This will shore up the RB/TE's who continue to kill the current defense. 

You need an impact player at each level of your defense. Abram/Mullen have potential to be that on the back end. Need to add those pieces in the front 7. 

And a LB who 

I think we could re-sign Joseph and drafting say Brown and Murray in the first gives us a solid D.

Crosby - Hankins - Brown - Ferrell

Lee - Murray - Whitehead

Mullen - Joseph - Abram - Worley

Might want to get another LB or 2 but other than the Depth and the LBers we just need 1 player and to get healthy.  If we decide to replace all of our LBers this is a good year to do so.  3 1st round talents and a lot of FAs.  Ferrell being the #4 pick starts again and no way Crosby gets replaced.  I would definitely bring back Mayowa unless he asks for stupid money.  This defense is young and injured right now.  I believe without injuries and suspensions this defense would have really surprised us.  Also having a back like Crowell and another good WR would help the O sustain drives.  Not going to start the Carr talk but we do not need 7 new players to start for the entire team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

And a LB who 

We need more. Max a few good games but we still can’t count on him to be the best pass rusher. Ferrell is a Jag, our Edge rushers are one of the worst in the league. We need to spend big on free agency or 1st on edge , dt, LB x2

secondary needs- 

CB, FS(keep Joseph) , LB (need revamp that unit)

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

And a LB who 

How would Derrick Brown and Isiah Simmons do? 

Edited by Totty
  • Like 2

I'm going to spout off again on this. I think talk of drafting a DE is crazy at this point. Our LB unit is so absurdly bad. We haven't invested in the position since McClain. Draft a linebacker of note, or two. Yeah, we need a DE. So does any team. Our LB unit makes our defense look like we're playing 11 on 8 almost every play. And that is not an exxageration. I can't even pick out where the LBs are most plays from beginning to end. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, holyghost said:

I'm going to spout off again on this. I think talk of drafting a DE is crazy at this point. Our LB unit is so absurdly bad. We haven't invested in the position since McClain. Draft a linebacker of note, or two. Yeah, we need a DE. So does any team. Our LB unit makes our defense look like we're playing 11 on 8 almost every play. And that is not an exxageration. I can't even pick out where the LBs are most plays from beginning to end. 

Even if I'm not high on Ferrell, I would rather sign a DE not draft one. Key was actually getting sacks before he got hurt. this is how I would address the overhaul of defense

DE: VET DE, Ferrell, Max, Key, Jordan

DT: VET DT, Hankins, Hurst, Hall

LB: 1st, VET LB, Whitehead, Morrow, Lee, Day 3 pick

CB: Vet CB, Mullens, Joyner, IJ, Nixon, J Brown

S:  Abram, Joseph, Harris, Riley, Day 3 Pick

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I would say put Kizer in so we can lose both of the last two games, but with how unlucky this team has been, Kizer would win us both.....

I think there’s a really good chance he comes out at half time next week and depending on how he plays starts week 17. Or at least I hope. The coaching staff is going to want to win these two bad and looking for a spark anywhere.

it would be encouraging to see some change if offense comes out flat again. Carr’s fault or not, biggest way to get a spark is switch QB

3 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

I think there’s a really good chance he comes out at half time next week and depending on how he plays starts week 17. Or at least I hope. The coaching staff is going to want to win these two bad and looking for a spark anywhere.

it would be encouraging to see some change if offense comes out flat again. Carr’s fault or not, biggest way to get a spark is switch QB

Kizer as a draft prospect was intriguing, but he is 0-15 as a starter (i know its not all his fault. the browns were terrible that year). I just dont see him as much of an upgrade over Glennon. However, Gruden promoted him to 2nd string over both Glennon and Peterman, so Gruden must see something in him. Maybe he sparks the team but I don't know.