2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

9 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I wouldn’t. As tired as people are watching our LBs get burnt by TEs I’m tired of the offense having no pop to it with big plays. I  want a guy who can break a tackle, run past guys or I don’t know actually catch the ball.

So:giphy.gif

Well since Gruden runs a ball control offense probably not.

5 hours ago, Totty said:

In an ideal realistic take... Who do you draft in the first and who goes in the third?

Simmons and Ruggs in the 1st

Pitman Jr and Najee in the 3rd

keep the Clemon/Bama pipeline going. And the son of old pal of Gruden’s 

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

No... for 2 reasons. The biggest, the class is deep and you kind find a complement it round 3. And you can't draft 2 tier one guys and feed them both. 

Draft you Alpha in round 1. Add your #2 in round 3. 

Tyrell is a legit #2. And Renefrow is a legit Slot guy. We just need the Alpha in round IMO. But I wouldn’t be mad if we took Pittman Jr. in the 3rd too

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not complaining! I mentioned this previously but I was super against a WR in the first. But as more and more games go on I am so down for a WR high. I haven't watched much Ruggs stuff yet so I can't comment on him, I just know Lamb is a freaking beast and would look very good in S&B.

He's a smaller receiver but he's insanely fast, he has Tyreek Hill type speed. He'll time as one of, if not the, fastest players at the combine this year. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Gruden's going to fall in love with Jordan Love. Get ready for it.

Makes sense. He has incredible physical tools. Looked great in 2018 before they changed coaches. Gruden will love the traits and convince himself he can clean up the mistakes in his decision making.

I like Love. College stats mean jack squat, you have to look for traits you can develop. I'd be happy if we packaged two of our third-round picks to move back into the second to select Love. I'd prefer him to Hebert or Eason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

The fact that you don't like him makes me even more confident in Love. 

He has to clean up his footwork and decision making but the physical tools are all there. He has a cannon and athleticism you look for and can make some big-time throws. Probably has the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft not named Joe Burrow. 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Haven’t seen too much of Love at all, so can’t really speak on him. I’ll watch some of him tonight. 

What’s with his drastic number different from 2018 to 2019 though? His TD-INT Ratio and YPA literally fell off a cliff. 

Coaching staff downgraded. They hired a retread coach Gary Anderson whom was there previously. He was also playing with one returning starter from his 2018 season.

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Jordan Love is just big but he sucks. He struggled in the mountain west , but suppose to tear up the NFL. Lol this fanbase 

He dominated in 2018 under Matt Wells staff. They were 11-2 ranked 22nd and won a bowl game. Only losses were to 2 ranked teams, Boise and Michigan State. Matt Wells was hired by Texas Tech in 2019 for his work at USU

2019, he struggled because of of the coaching changes. And he was on a talentless team with no Oline. He dominated Fresno tough... where he was 30/39 and 388 and 2 TDs lol

I need to look at Love more.  The positive is that he has a lot of Mahommes in him.  The negative is he looks like a High School QB fundamentally. 

Big arm and not afraid to take shots. 

Looks like a lot of one read shots and under throws quite a bit despite the arm talent.

On a side note, Mariner looks like a late round gem. 

14 minutes ago, true2form said:

I need to look at Love more.  The positive is that he has a lot of Mahommes in him.  The negative is he looks like a High School QB fundamentally. 

Looks like a lot of one read shots and under throws quite a bit despite the arm talent.

He's raw. Think Josh Allen here. Not similar in play style, but in how raw he is coming out. Not a guy you'd want to start season 1. Any game tape from 2019 is mostly throw away. Too much attrition and the entire program fell off a cliff this season. You see a big difference in his mechanics and play in 2018 under a quality offensive staff.

I hope he plays in the senior bowl. I wouldn't take him round 1 right now

53 minutes ago, true2form said:

Definitely goes to his first read too much. I’m intrigued by him though.