2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Depending on how free agency goes, I'm very much into drafting De'Andre Swift in the first round. The Raiders could have an epic two-headed monster of a backfield. And having two top tier backs will help preserve each player for the long term.

Edited by Rich7sena

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Depending on how free agency goes, I'm very much into drafting De'Andre Swift in the first round. The Raiders could have an epic two-headed monster of a backfield. And having two top tier backs will help preserve each player for the long term.

we need another back for sure. just not in the 1st, well be able to grab someone good in the 3rd. 

Wayy too many holes to take RB in the 1st back to back years.

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, true2form said:

I'll definitely be intrigued by how he performs and what the coaching staff says about him.

Yeah playing in the senior bowl will be big for Love. A good showing as far as practice and playbook knowledge will go far in cementing him as the 3rd best QB in the class. 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

we need another back for sure. just not in the 1st, well be able to grab someone good in the 3rd. 

Wayy too many holes to take RB in the 1st back to back years.

Many of those holes will be filled in free agency.

Besides, backs have proven to be a big part of the Raiders' passing game. I would probably prefer to draft Swift than any receiver not named Lamb or Juedy.

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

RBs in the passing game are a big part of the offense due to who plays the QB position. 

About time people put some respect on Tee Higgins name. He belongs right up there with Lamb and Jeudy. 

Carr is who I anticipate will play QB for the Raiders in 2021. Also, they're being deployed as pass catchers a whole lot so it's not like Gruden doesn't want his backs to be a big part of the passing game.

Disagree about Higgins.

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

RBs in the passing game are a big part of the offense due to who plays the QB position. 

About time people put some respect on Tee Higgins name. He belongs right up there with Lamb and Jeudy. 

i like Higgins, but hes a lot of what TW is for us. Id like a WR that could work the short and intermediate game and has big YAC ability. Ruggs is my guy, he can do the aforementioned as well as take the top off. 

18 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Carr is who I anticipate will play QB for the Raiders in 2021. Also, they're being deployed as pass catchers a whole lot so it's not like Gruden doesn't want his backs to be a big part of the passing game.

Disagree about Higgins.

We also saw Gruden not trust Jacobs in the passing game and preferred to have Richard out there on 3rd downs.

RB in the first round is not even in question. I do appreciate the out of thinking tho.......

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

We also saw Gruden not trust Jacobs in the passing game and preferred to have Richard out there on 3rd downs.

RB in the first round is not even in question. I do appreciate the out of thinking tho.......

Even though I don't think it's safe to assume Gruden didn't trust Jacobs in the passing game (he simply may have liked Richard more or wanted to preserve Jacobs), I feel like your first point supports my argument as to why a high investment in the superior pass-catching back makes sense.

And we really don't know what is in the cards this far out in the draft. In fact, making any predictions on the draft without considering free agency is a fool's errand. The Raiders could realistically settle needs at linebacker and corner well before April.

I'm still in the nascent stages of my draft review, but I really like what Swift could bring to team more than simply looking for a need and filling it with a less impactful player. I got flack early on last year for wanting to draft Jacobs, too.

Edited by Rich7sena

I usually don’t like project QBs but this Love guy was quite impressive watching some 2018 tape. He has shown with a great coaching staff he can be dominant. Really interested to see what Gruden can do with him. Yes, he goes to his first read often and he needs to clean up a lot of mechanic stuff. He shouldn’t start a single game in 2020 unless it’s Week 17. 

This also pleases Carr fans cause he’ll get to QB in 2020 and try to keep his job (although very unlikely with Love waiting). 

I’d also get rid of Glennon and have Peterman as the QB2 for 2020. If Carr faulters, I still wanna see what Peterman can do for a few games. His TC and Pre season were ridiculously impressive. 

QB1 Carr

QB2 Peterman

QB3/Redshirt Love

Ditch Carr after 2020 unless he has a Top 5-6 QB season.