2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I think Richard is not only a good receiver but really good in blitz pickup which is why he gets more passing down reps

Could also be that Jacobs shoulder has been banged up and they've tried to use him strictly as a RB because they have two other guys that are almost strictly pass catchers at the RB spot. 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

A lot of good talent going to be at the Senior Bowl. Kinlaw is going to dominate those practices. Can't wait to see Jordyn Brooks play in a pro-style type of defense. I think he is a sure-fire sleeper at LB. 

He won't be slept on. Dude has range for days. Really shapping up to have some nice options at LB. 

I look forward to the Raiders passing on them all and taking a LB in round 5 from Nobody Cares State University of Western Somewhere. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

https://fox13now.com/2019/12/17/jordan-love-two-other-usu-football-players-charged-with-marijuana-possession/

Not sure if anyone else posted this. Personally, I don't think weed is a huge deal since it is legal in so many states and better than guys getting hooked on pain killers, but it could be an issue for Gruden and Mayock since they don't want guys who might get distracted in Vegas.  Good news is, he probably doesn't go first round now.

Baseball made a major move on allowing weed I saw. Maybe the NFL will follow the lead soon. It's 2020, we need to move past all this weed related issues in sports. So dumb.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Saw that Jordan love news this morning before the senior bowl news broke. Calling him a pot head is a stupid take to be honest. Not what you would want to see, but a college football player got high. I am shocked. You don't think there is at least 10-15 players on this Raiders roster that don't get high. It's 2019 weed is not a big issue. When I was in California I literally had weed delivered to my hotel room like it was a postmates order. He will answer question about this at the combine, but this has zero effects on him and his draft stock ZERO. If he shows up to the combine with weed still in his system than it's an issue. Until than no biggie

Jordan Love will still be a first round pick in the 2020 NFL draft. 

Wasn't trying to offend anyone. Whether he smokes weed or not doesn't matter to me. Just speaking purely from an NFL front office viewpoint.

When a talented player has an issue with any kind of substance abuse, they normally get lots of chances to clean themselves up ala Josh Gordon. But Gordon is not a QB. QBs are judged more strictly than any other position. Just from memory, 3 QBs come to mind that have had KNOWN substance abuse issues: Jamarcus Russell (Purple Drank), Quincy Carter (Weed), and Todd Marinovich (Weed). All have had short careers and only Quincy Carter got another chance with another team (one season with the Jets). Since QB is the face of your franchise, teams are quick to cut bait with substance abusing QBs. 

If any franchise QB ever smoked weed at any point in their lives, we didn't find out about it. And the fact that we found out about Jordan Love is going to weigh against him come draft time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Baseball made a major move on allowing weed I saw. Maybe the NFL will follow the lead soon. It's 2020, we need to move past all this weed related issues in sports. So dumb.

Still, it’s something that needs to be taken into consideration when drafting a player. Because it’s against the rules if any player is caught the suspensions pile up and then it’s basically like having a guy who can’t stay healthy. 

Although I’m sure Love was doing weed recreationally so to be honest this might not be that big of a deal because he can always stop. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Still, it’s something that needs to be taken into consideration when drafting a player. Because it’s against the rules if any player is caught the suspensions pile up and then it’s basically like having a guy who can’t stay healthy. 

Although I’m sure Love was doing weed recreationally so to be honest this might not be that big of a deal because he can always stop. 

95% of the guys in the draft this year have smoked weed during their college careers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He won't be slept on. Dude has range for days. Really shapping up to have some nice options at LB. 

I look forward to the Raiders passing on them all and taking a LB in round 5 from Nobody Cares State University of Western Somewhere. 

His name is Akeem Davis-Gaither. Lol

3 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

When a talented player has an issue with any kind of substance abuse.

He hasn't had any issues throughout his entire career and gets caught smoking weed once and now he has issues with substance abuse? Give me a break.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yeah there are a ton of rangy linebackers in the draft this year. I'm holding onto hope that our 2nd first round pick will be used on Dylan Moses. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He hasn't had any issues throughout his entire career and gets caught smoking weed once and now he has issues with substance abuse? Give me a break.

When you get caught smoking weed, just months before you’re expected to be drafted, it’s an issue. It’s not a substance abuse issue, it’s a decision making issue. If he was a WR, I wouldn’t care at all. But, if I’m taking him to be my QB, I’d think twice about it. 

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

When you get caught smoking weed, just months before you’re expected to be drafted, it’s an issue. It’s not a substance abuse issue, it’s a decision making issue. If he was a WR, I wouldn’t care at all. But, if I’m taking him to be my QB, I’d think twice about it. 

I don't think smoking weed is that big of a deal tbh. It wouldn't change my personal opinion on his draft stock, it's something that can be easily corrected. 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

This.

It's not about what he did as much about when he did it. All kids make stupid mistakes, however you'd like a potential face of your franchise to know better.

Doesn't mean he can't rebound from it and be a blip on the radar. Saying it was a one time thing is just as extreme as saying it's an outright issue though.

4 minutes ago, true2form said:

This.

It's not about what he did as much about when he did it. All kids make stupid mistakes, however you'd like a potential face of your franchise to know better.

Doesn't mean he can't rebound from it and be a blip on the radar. Saying it was a one time thing is just as extreme as saying it's an outright issue though.

I feel like if Cam Newton can get past that whole laptop scandal (lol) and be the #1 pick then Love can move past this. I trust Mayock to do his homework on the kid,