2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Exactly Carr has the worst deep ball in the league and Gruden knows it.

god it was more apparent last year and the year before, but God I hated watching his deep lobs that would end up 5 yards OB. 
Even when he takes the deep shot, he made it so conservative.. either my WR makes an incredible over the shoulder sideline grab or no one will get this haha 

14 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

That is a fair question, and IMO I dont think so. 
It is a little tough to answer because, I believe if we had a Lamar Jackson type, Im sure Gruden would make changes to adjust to certain play styles. 
But i think the philosophy would be the same. 

I think we can all agree, our D needs help. .. easiest way to do that is to make the game shorter. You do that by running the football. 
Gruden loves physicality and beating up your opponent, so again, I think Gruden always wants to have a run first team. 

Gruden is also a fan of the west coast O, IE short throws designed for YAC. 
But he also needs a deep outside threat that keeps a D honest / scared. We dont have that, and it is crucial in a WCO. 
Right now Ds stack the first 20 yards, because we dont have a deep threat. 

So you think if we had Patrick Mahomes we'd be scared to throw the ball down field? Hell we've seen film showing it's not a scheme thing, it's a Carr thing. 

Before Gruden got here: 

• 2017: 6.8 YPA (19th)

• 2016: 7.0 YPA (18th)

• 2015: 7.0 YPA (26th)

• 2015: 5.5 YPA (33rd) 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

god it was more apparent last year and the year before, but God I hated watching his deep lobs that would end up 5 yards OB. 
Even when he takes the deep shot, he made it so conservative.. either my WR makes an incredible over the shoulder sideline grab or no one will get this haha 

Cooper bailed him out on the few he did throw could never hit him in stride, and would do a stupid pump fake like he's about to throw it 80 yards then Cooper would have to stop turn around and out jump 1 or 2 defenders because Carr doesn't know how to lead the receiver so he can run under it.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Which LSU LB is going in the first round? Isn't Chaisson more of an edge player? And Moses will be the next Jaylon Smith/Myles Jack. 

All the LSU lbs are Jr’s and sr 

when it’s all said and done if queen declares then he might be better the his buddy white that went top 10

plus we’ve only drafted healthy guys in the first & second MAY-DEN value availability as the best ability 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

So you think if we had Patrick Mahomes we'd be scared to throw the ball down field? Hell we've seen film showing it's not a scheme thing, it's a Carr thing. 

Before Gruden got here: 

• 2017: 6.8 YPA (19th)

• 2016: 7.0 YPA (18th)

• 2015: 7.0 YPA (26th)

• 2015: 5.5 YPA (33rd) 

sorry, I will repeat the question you asked me:

" do you think if we had a better QB our offensive philosophy would be the same"

I answered that with Yes. I believe we would still be a run first team. 

No where did i say wed be scared to throw the ball down field. 

Maybe you meant to ask me a different question? Im not sure. 
But to answer your question again. Yes Gruden wants to run a WCO. Which is about running the football, and YACs. 

--
now lets break down what i said and you can tell me what you disagree with, cause i wont put words in your mouth..
- Our D needs help - do you agree?
- making the game shorter helps a D - do you agree?
- gruden loves physicality, and beating up the other team - do you agree?
- gruden runs a WCO - do you agree?
- we dont have a deep threat right now - do you agree?
- teams arent afraid of us deep and stack the first 20 yards - do you agree?

--
you didnt answer or argue any of the points i made.. you just came back with a statement arguing something I never said lol