2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

His tools are amazing, dude intangibles were graded 99.98 from 24/7 going from HS to College. Legit highest I’ve ever seen. 

He’s certainly a gamble though. He would need elite coaching. I’d personally pass as he does have quite a few Carr similarities and I want a different QB. 

His intangibles in high school may have graded out well, but his college intangibles seem to be lacking. 

I have said before that Eason reminds me of 90s QB Scott Mitchell. I have to backtrack slightly and say that comp belongs to Herbert. Eason reminds me of this year's Phillip Rivers (with much better arm talent). He plays well against good teams and stinks it up against bad ones. 

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

His intangibles in high school may have graded out well, but his college intangibles seem to be lacking. 

I have said before that Eason reminds me of 90s QB Scott Mitchell. I have to backtrack slightly and say that comp belongs to Herbert. Eason reminds me of this year's Phillip Rivers (with much better arm talent). He plays well against good teams and stinks it up against bad ones. 

Eason and Herbert are both huge project QBs. I’d rather take neither but I think Eason has a better chance of being a solid pro. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Eason and Herbert are both huge project QBs. I’d rather take neither but I think Eason has a better chance of being a solid pro. 

I can see that. Eason is a better natural thrower of the football. Both make me puke though. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would take him with our 4th if he is there (though I doubt he would be). Maybe sitting for a year or 2 behind Carr would do him some good. 

7 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I can see that. Eason is a better natural thrower of the football. Both make me puke though. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would take him with our 4th if he is there (though I doubt he would be). Maybe sitting for a year or 2 behind Carr would do him some good. 

Herbert and Eason won’t get out of the 2nd. The only project QB I’d be willing to take is Love in the Early 3rd. I think Burrow and Tua are amazing QB Prospects and would love to trade up for Tua but everything after those two is indeed pretty puke worthy. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Herbert and Eason won’t get out of the 2nd. The only project QB I’d be willing to take is Love in the Early 3rd. I think Burrow and Tua are amazing QB Prospects and would love to trade up for Tua but everything after those two is indeed pretty puke worthy. 

Agreed.

Ironically, the last time an LSU QB got picked number one overall, it was a very weak QB class. The best QB of that group wasn't drafted.... (Matt Moore)

46 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Herbert reminds me of Carson Palmer 

4 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Herbert is no where near as accurate as Palmer though. Palmer as a prospect would still be a top 10 pick in this year's draft. Herbert IMO has no business being drafted in the 1st round. 

Agreed. Eason should be selected Early 2nd, Herbert Mid 2nd like Lock last year. Although I like Herbert more than Lock. 

8 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Herbert is no where near as accurate as Palmer though. Palmer as a prospect would still be a top 10 pick in this year's draft. Herbert IMO has no business being drafted in the 1st round. 

My bad talking about nfl Carson aka “mr giveth and mr taketh away” not usc prospect Carson 

• Like 1

Playoffs games today. Draft talent every where in these two games. Will be rooting for Clemson. Liked them every since they started to become a National Champion contender when they were the underdog. Dabo the best coach in college football and one of the best motivators. Cannot wait to watch that game. 

Big game for Hurst. Oklahoma’s offense hasn’t been that good the last part of the season. He’s gonna need to have a huge game for them to even have a chance. 

Great day for college football and for these draft prospects. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Playoffs games today. Draft talent every where in these two games. Will be rooting for Clemson. Liked them every since they started to become a National Champion contender when they were the underdog. Dabo the best coach in college football and one of the best motivators. Cannot wait to watch that game. 

Big game for Hurst. Oklahoma’s offense hasn’t been that good the last part of the season. He’s gonna need to have a huge game for them to even have a chance. 

Great day for college football and for these draft prospects. 

Hoping for health and wealth for all the players involved. Can't wait to see who comes out once it's 'over' and hopefully teams look well matched so there's no 'Bama' backtalk. Don't care who wins being Bama is out. Rooting for Bama is like rooting for the Pats. LOL Don't hate the players just the utter dominance so these 4 teams have altered where the young kids will go after HS.