2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

My QB rankings:

(1) Joe Burrow -   Mel Kiper may be a moron, but he got the comp right on this one. Tony Romo is the best comp from a physical standpoint. Burrow can go through his reads like a starting NFL QB and move/runs well. Very accurate and has enough arm strength to make all the throws. Would be surprised if he fails in the NFL. 

(2) Tua Tagovailoa -   I made this comp before and stand by it (provided Tua regains his mobility). Mark Brunell IMO is the best comp. Left handed, mobile, and is a good passer. Could be great if put in the right circumstances. 

(3) Jordan Love -   The 2nd highest ceiling of any QB in this draft class. Has star potential, but will he live up to it? His draft stock will suffer due to his 2019 stats and off the field stuff. 

(4) Jalen Hurts -   This guy is the biggest wildcard of the group. Has Tim Tebow like intangibles, but a better passer. Passing skills on par with Tyrod Taylor. Could see him become a decent starter for some teams. 

(5) Justin Herbert -   I have him below Hurts because of the lack of intangibles and accuracy. Has all the other tools. NFL Scouts are going to rate him higher because he has the size and "look" of a pro QB. I'm not sold on him. 

(6) Jacob Eason -   Eason is the most aggravating QB in this class. I said before that him and Herbert were the same guy (NFL scouts will love him). Has better natural throwing ability than Herbert. He definitely has all the tools, but his inconsistency (he plays his worst games against bad teams) puts him in this spot. Would have him rated as the 3rd best QB if he was consistent. 

(7) Jake Fromm -   Alex Smith / Andy Dalton hybrid is the best comp I could come up with. The epitome of a game manager. Generally accurate, but arm strength is lacking. If he declares, I wouldn't want him on the Raiders. 

There are other QBs but I don't have enough time to go through them all. Honorable Mention to Jamie Newman if he declares (love his quick release). 

1 hour ago, Steins Gate said:

My QB rankings:

(1) Joe Burrow -   Mel Kiper may be a moron, but he got the comp right on this one. Tony Romo is the best comp from a physical standpoint. Burrow can go through his reads like a starting NFL QB and move/runs well. Very accurate and has enough arm strength to make all the throws. Would be surprised if he fails in the NFL. 

(2) Tua Tagovailoa -   I made this comp before and stand by it (provided Tua regains his mobility). Mark Brunell IMO is the best comp. Left handed, mobile, and is a good passer. Could be great if put in the right circumstances. 

(3) Jordan Love -   The 2nd highest ceiling of any QB in this draft class. Has star potential, but will he live up to it? His draft stock will suffer due to his 2019 stats and off the field stuff. 

(4) Jalen Hurts -   This guy is the biggest wildcard of the group. Has Tim Tebow like intangibles, but a better passer. Passing skills on par with Tyrod Taylor. Could see him become a decent starter for some teams. 

(5) Justin Herbert -   I have him below Hurts because of the lack of intangibles and accuracy. Has all the other tools. NFL Scouts are going to rate him higher because he has the size and "look" of a pro QB. I'm not sold on him. 

(6) Jacob Eason -   Eason is the most aggravating QB in this class. I said before that him and Herbert were the same guy (NFL scouts will love him). Has better natural throwing ability than Herbert. He definitely has all the tools, but his inconsistency (he plays his worst games against bad teams) puts him in this spot. Would have him rated as the 3rd best QB if he was consistent. 

(7) Jake Fromm -   Alex Smith / Andy Dalton hybrid is the best comp I could come up with. The epitome of a game manager. Generally accurate, but arm strength is lacking. If he declares, I wouldn't want him on the Raiders. 

There are other QBs but I don't have enough time to go through them all. Honorable Mention to Jamie Newman if he declares (love his quick release). 

Breakdown WRs, LBS, Edge Rushers, DTs

we are close to being one of the best teams in the AFC. 2020 Draft is vital

1-  CeeDee Lamb  WR  Oklahoma ,  Laviska Shenault Jr.  WR  Colorado (both play like DOGS)

• We can't mess this up, could be in position for dire need of WR1.
  • Shenault could anchor a passing game as WR1, Williams WR2, Renfrow Slot would be NFL type passing game
  • SHENAULT, WALLER, JACOBS would also from a nice big 3. 

1-  could go EDGE, DT, LB, CB

• could go a lot of different ways on this pick. Defense needs an impact player is a worst way
  • Wouldn't mind going defense rest of the draft after we select a WR

3-  be dependent where we go in the 1st and do in free agency. I would hope EDGE, DT, LB, CB in free agency

3- WR 

• this draft class is so loaded at WR, and our unit is really weak. Could find another stud in the 3rd rounder if we go BPA. 

3-

• Richie was actually a stud this year, but going be 37 in 2020. Even if we bring him back for one more year, should have a young mauler in the program. 

Day 3 4-7 Secondary Needs

• RB - might keep Washington, who isn't bad
  • T - Parker might not be in a NFL player, could find a project to push him and provide depth
  • LB - unit still needs better depth
  • S - Harris is fine for 3rd safety, get a 4th safety who could push for PT

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m really liking that kid from Colorado WR. He can do it all, and just a playmaker. If he didn’t get hurt and played with a great QB / program he be looked as a top 5 pick 

Sweat isn't a bad QB. I loved Shenault. Then Someone gave me the pro comp of cordarrelle Patterson and it's all I see now. Only is Juedy, Ruggs, Lamb, and Higgens are gone. 

5 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

I have a busy schedule and barely had the time for 7 QBs. 

Maybe later though. 

If you are so buys why did you spend time breaking down a position we have zero chance of drafting.

This is going to be another long offseason of me telling this forum how silly they are mocking us a QB.

Come May I'll be here just like last May saying "Told you so"

Edited by OG_C2X

I'm thinking FA to fill Defensive needs at all levels. CB/LB/DL If done then two WR's and two LB's  in rounds 1-4

A top WR like Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs possibly Higgins but the rest I'd trade down before taking. Not feeling the Colorado guy yet. Then another WR in 3rd or 4th.

Simmons is the only LB I'd use a 1st on. Too many LB's so elite or nothing til 3rd or 2nd if trading down. 

After my 2/2 I'd go in a lot of possible directions. DL, G, RB, S/CB even a QB to groom if one fell that we liked. If we got an Edge and DT in the 1st I'd still go 2 WR and 2 LB's and look to trade up into 4/5th for a back up RB. We have so many possible directions it should make the draft exciting.

I want a wr badly and first round talent one, but LB is most important to grab this draft.

If Simmons and CeeDee were there I'd have to take Simmons.

Then get next best Wr with the next pick. We need to sure you our second level esepcially in passing game. And we can double up on LB and Wr in 3rd. 

Liked what I've seen from our CBS of late. Apparently no one can catch the call but still coverage has been solid.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

If you are so buys why did you spend time breaking down a position we have zero chance of drafting.

This is going to be another long offseason of me telling this forum how silly they are mocking us a QB.

Come May I'll be here just like last May saying "Told you so"

QB just happens to be the position that I'm most interested in. Also, to say that there is ZERO chance of drafting a QB is naïve. Kizer was brought in and was recently made the 2nd string QB mainly due to dissatisfaction with Glennon and Peterman (not sure how Gruden feels about Carr). So, at the very least, QB could be taken with a lower round pick (possibly our 7th). 

As far as mocks go, I don't do them because there are too many teams to GM for and I don't have the time. 

15 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

QB just happens to be the position that I'm most interested in. Also, to say that there is ZERO chance of drafting a QB is naïve. Kizer was brought in and was recently made the 2nd string QB mainly due to dissatisfaction with Glennon and Peterman (not sure how Gruden feels about Carr). So, at the very least, QB could be taken with a lower round pick (possibly our 7th). 

As far as mocks go, I don't do them because there are too many teams to GM for and I don't have the time. 

it's ok you're new around here. 

Just like I said all last off season, the same goes for this off season there is 0% chance we are drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds, there is 5% (If Brady or Luck call Gruden and say lets do this) chance, baring injury, that Derek Carr isn't starting for the Las Vegas Raiders opening day in 2020

What Fromm will do is very interesting. He is not a first round QB but I am not sure going back to UG is what’s best for him. They lack real talent at WR at Georgia and just didn’t have enough speed outside to open that offense up. I don’t know what the recurring class looks like for next year but can’t imagine UG will be able to improve their WRs that much. 

He is probably go back but I am surprised he hasn’t announced his decision yet makes me think he will leave. 

On 12/26/2019 at 11:17 AM, agarcia34 said:

Eason needs some serious NFL coaching. If he can land in the right place and just learn he could become a starting QB cause the tools are there. Second round QB with the ability to move up with a good draft process. 

His tools are amazing, dude intangibles were graded 99.98 from 24/7 going from HS to College. Legit highest I’ve ever seen. 

He’s certainly a gamble though. He would need elite coaching. I’d personally pass as he does have quite a few Carr similarities and I want a different QB. 

51 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

it's ok you're new around here. 

Just like I said all last off season, the same goes for this off season there is 0% chance we are drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds, there is 5% (If Brady or Luck call Gruden and say lets do this) chance, baring injury, that Derek Carr isn't starting for the Las Vegas Raiders opening day in 2020

So you think that I jumped in to the middle of a year+ argument that Carr won't be playing for the Raiders the next offseason. FYI, that's an argument I won't get in to.  

I have already posted that I wouldn't mind Carr coming back for another year (especially if they draft a QB to groom). Whether or not it's likely a QB gets drafted in rounds 1 to 3 has no bearing on doing due diligence. If one of the top QBs fall, we have a 4th rounder.