2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

While I’m absolutely not on the draft Love in the first round train, I’d definitely invest a mid 2nd (requires a trade down or up from the third) to early 3rd on him.  Unfortunately, it seems like he’ll go much higher but you never know, especially with QBs as they have such a volatile draft stock.

one thing we’d never be able to Say is “our QB doesn’t give our low talent WRs a chance on deep balls” aka Carr’s 2 biggest complaints (not throwing deep and not giving WRs who either aren’t that good or aren’t wide open).  Basically Love plays like the opposite of Carr, lol.  He loves to go deep and gives his WRs a chance to make plans even when covered.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

4th and 19 (down 10, under 2min left, game was already over really) and Love throws to his first read, without any pressure from the DL, and hits a receiver for like 13 yards... he’s immediately tackled, as you’d expect because he was tightly covered l.  Game over.  
maybe he’s not the opposite of Carr after all.  I’m now in the take him with our first pick train because after that throw he’s Carr’s perfect protégé!

(completely joking of course)

Except about Love being brutally bad about throwing to his first read no matter the coverage.  That’s why he’s thrown so many INTs this year.

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

4th and 19 (down 10, under 2min left, game was already over really) and Love throws to his first read, without any pressure from the DL, and hits a receiver for like 13 yards... he’s immediately tackled, as you’d expect because he was tightly covered l.  Game over.  
maybe he’s not the opposite of Carr after all.  I’m now in the take him with our first pick train because after that throw he’s Carr’s perfect protégé!

(completely joking of course)

Except about Love being brutally bad about throwing to his first read no matter the coverage.  That’s why he’s thrown so many INTs this year.

This game he was throwing to his 2nd and 3rd reads more. But I agree with you. He likes his 1st read more often than not. 

Updated list of "guys" I want in the first round (ideally):

Young

Jeudy

Okudah

Brown

Lamb

Simmons

Ruggs

Epenesa

Fulton

Kinlaw

Moses

Delpit

Murray (maybe)

That's 13 guys who I think will be pro bowl level/high impact players. Assuming Burrow and Tua go early along with at least 2-3 OL (thomas, willis, wirfs), if we don't get the wildcard, we should have a crack at 2 of these guys in the draft. Any combination of these guys will help us develop an identity. And if we need to trade up 3-5 spots in the teens to get a guy who drops, a 3rd could do it if need be.

6 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Someone please explain to me why people think Tua will be a high pick?

He’s a  mobile QB who just broke his ankle and his hip in one season.

He’s going to be forced to be a pocket passer from now on.

Desperation

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

QBs always get pushed higher than they should. I think teams will look at his production ALA and want to take him first. I think teams will be worried about missing out on him and pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

what happens when he goes back to school lol 

3 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Any thoughts on Wake Forest QB Jamie Newman? I’m intrigued. 

Watched a few of wf games stats suffered when dam near his whole wr core got hurt.

i hate wf offense and wonder what he’d look like in a more traditional conventional offense 

great arm talent and mobile tho

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Any thoughts on Wake Forest QB Jamie Newman? I’m intrigued. 

Has one of (if not THE) quickest releases in this draft class. Good arm strength and decent accuracy. Runs a good 40 time (4.6). Can work through his progressions, but like most QBs, likes his 1st read the most. Doesn't make the dynamic throws that I personally like (I like gunslingers). Would need to sit a year or 2. Kinda reminds me of Dak Prescott (play style. not sure about intangibles) with better running ability. Would need to sit a year or 2. 

Be surprised if he is drafted higher than 4th round, but I wouldn't mind the Raiders drafting him with a late pick. 

• Like 1