2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

13 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't think he stays in to block very much on blitz pickup, though. He's almost always running a route.

I looked into this on PFF’s Elite stats... not the BS madden scores they have,,, 

Richard was in pass pro 7 times: 1 sack, 2 hurries

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

A lot of good talent going to be at the Senior Bowl. Kinlaw is going to dominate those practices. Can't wait to see Jordyn Brooks play in a pro-style type of defense. I think he is a sure-fire sleeper at LB. 

Shhhhhh... don’t blow up my/our sleeper (brooks). 

yeah i think he’ll actually be better off in a nfl style defense than at Tx Tech.

https://fox13now.com/2019/12/17/jordan-love-two-other-usu-football-players-charged-with-marijuana-possession/

Not sure if anyone else posted this. Personally, I don't think weed is a huge deal since it is legal in so many states and better than guys getting hooked on pain killers, but it could be an issue for Gruden and Mayock since they don't want guys who might get distracted in Vegas.  Good news is, he probably doesn't go first round now.

i prefer players to smoke weed rather than get hooked on pain killers. I just hate it for my QB, if nothing else shows bad decision making. this is the most important 5 months of your life and you get caught getting high? Sucks, and im not saying its a deal breaker but it is a red flag. 

20 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

https://fox13now.com/2019/12/17/jordan-love-two-other-usu-football-players-charged-with-marijuana-possession/

Not sure if anyone else posted this. Personally, I don't think weed is a huge deal since it is legal in so many states and better than guys getting hooked on pain killers, but it could be an issue for Gruden and Mayock since they don't want guys who might get distracted in Vegas.  Good news is, he probably doesn't go first round now.

*SIGH*

Going to have to pass on him now. Don't want Todd Marijuana-vich 2.0.

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

Honestly I think Love may have been propelled to a Late 1st Round Pick (30-32 range) so this might help the Raiders if they actually want him. His momentum that would of happened during the draft process might not happen now. Maybe take him with our first 3rd. 

• Like 1

If the Raiders do move on or plan to move on from Carr, the only QB that sincerely intrigues me outside of top two is Jacob Eason. As a thrower, he reminds me of Carson Wentz. He's probably 75% of the athlete Wentz is, though.

If you really squint, you can see some of Deshaun Watson in Jalen Hurts. But I pretty much think a poor man's Deshaun Watson is Hurts's upside, and I'm not even sure that's a franchise starter in the NFL. I might flirt with him in the 3rd round.

Otherwise, I want nothing to do with any QB I've seen so far before the 6th round.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

If the Raiders do move on or plan to move on from Carr, the only QB that sincerely intrigues me outside of top two is Jacob Eason. As a thrower, he reminds me of Carson Wentz. He's probably 75% of the athlete Wentz is, though.

If you really squint, you can see some of Deshaun Watson in Jalen Hurts. But I pretty much think a poor man's Deshaun Watson is Hurts's upside, and I'm not even sure that's a franchise starter in the NFL. I might flirt with him in the 3rd round.

Otherwise, I want nothing to do with any QB I've seen so far before the 6th round.

Eason has great size, has good throwing mechanics, and a very good (but not great) arm. But seems to lack intangibles. Reminds me of a right handed Scott Mitchell (former left handed Detroit Lions QB). Mitchell was a solid starter for a few years but was replaced. 

Eason was terrible against a Stanford team that had the 81st best defense in the country (puke). 

Saw that Jordan love news this morning before the senior bowl news broke. Calling him a pot head is a stupid take to be honest. Not what you would want to see, but a college football player got high. I am shocked. You don't think there is at least 10-15 players on this Raiders roster that don't get high. It's 2019 weed is not a big issue. When I was in California I literally had weed delivered to my hotel room like it was a postmates order. He will answer question about this at the combine, but this has zero effects on him and his draft stock ZERO. If he shows up to the combine with weed still in his system than it's an issue. Until than no biggie

Jordan Love will still be a first round pick in the 2020 NFL draft. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Glad I read the article before jumping to conclusions. Not a good look but not the end of the world. Now if he can’t keep his hands clean before the draft then it will be a red flag imo. Utah is a very strict state. 

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

A lot of good talent going to be at the Senior Bowl. Kinlaw is going to dominate those practices. Can't wait to see Jordyn Brooks play in a pro-style type of defense. I think he is a sure-fire sleeper at LB. 

I'm going to keep an eye on Jordyn Brooks, Troy Dye, Monty Rice, Jacob Phillips, and Charles Snowden. All athletic linebackers that fit well in the modern game and should be in play in the third round. We desperately need to get better at LB. 

• Like 1