Pre-Offseason: Which Team Has The Brightest Future?

the lone star

The Nets.

They made the playoffs this season, they have space for two max slots. Players like Kyrie, KD, and Kawhi are all interested either heavy or at least will take a sit down meeting with them. The culture is really good and just like the Clippers which I like their future too, the Nets just need that one or two stars to make this team a title contender. Now if the Nets trade for AD and gut some of their team then it will feel different but if the Nets can somehow get Kyrie and KD, all they will be letting go is really D'Lo but they will still have LeVert, Allen, Dinwiddie, and Harris. I love that supporting cast around Kyrie and KD. Even if they dont get KD and just get Kyrie and resign D'Lo I love that backcourt plus LeVert, Allen, Dinwiddie, and Harris. Id be hoping the Nets can somehow get Boi Boi to help out with Allen in the paint but either way I think the Nets future is bright and it started this season with them making the playoffs and the offseason they will only get better. 

Kings and Nuggets deserve shout-outs. 76ers will be fine with Simmons and Embiid, even if Butler, Tobias, and Redick all leave. That'll at least give them cap space. 

I wouldn't include the Mavs in the conversation just yet, but I understand why some people would.

Maybe the Nuggets. Already really good and if Jamal Murray takes the next step they can be a contender and they have alot of young players in general that could develop.

The 76ers have a case too but I'm curious to see where they go from here with their supporting cast. Building around Simmons could be tricky

Edited by amac
  • Like 1

It's funny how Boston is not being mentioned, other than champ, but they still have very talented young players with many draft picks coming. Which is more than I can say for just about everyone. So despite their current prediction of losing Kyrie and not getting a d. I still say the future is very bright for Boston

All of a sudden, the Pelicans future has become pretty bright.

-Now have a competent guy running the show in David Griffin

-Added one of the most coveted front office guys in Trajan Langdon as their GM

-Added one of the top trainers in the league in Aaron Nelson

-Won the "Zion sweepstakes" in the lottery.

Now, either they can build around a AD/Jrue/Zion core plus potential to have cap space or trade AD and get young prospects/draft picks to team up with Zion and Jrue(and if they want to go full rebuild they could trade Jrue also).

Warriors still have a pretty damn bright future, they get my vote... I mean if we are to assume KD is gone, then I think it's only fair to assume Klay gets offered the max and stays. So Klay, Curry and Draymond. Those are 3 guys still in their prime, a top 3 player, and 2 top 25 players. They have as much quality postseason experience as anyone. Coached by a guy who has proven he can manage personalities and build amazing offenses around Steph. That is bound to still attract some ring chasers, which will leave them in the thick of it for years to come.

Plenty of teams with bright futures though: Nuggets, Mavericks, Bucks, 76ers, Celtics, Raptors w/ Kawhi, and then you've got the Nets and/or Lakers and/or Clippers and/or Knicks (we'll see who with their max slot(s) can do the most damage). Rockets I am unsure on. They probably will be fine, but if this becomes Harden surrounded by an aging CP3 and a bunch of merely solid players, I really don't consider that a bright future given where they'd be coming from.

• Like 1