2019 Hard Knocks: Oakland Raiders

Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m in the minority. I feel Buckner doesn’t teach them any technique and whenever the DL asks him a question he basically just says “do it”. Great motivational speaker but we’ll see if any actual coaching is going on behind the scenes. 

Not sure how you can gauge that from literal clips of him on a reality TV show.

By accounts, the players really point to him as a reason for their improvement. Key has outwardly spoken about him a couple times and it's showing in games thus far.

• Like 1

NFL Films has reportedly been frustrated by Mike Mayock and the Raiders not being the most forthcoming organization during their filming. I feel like they could be digging way more into this AB saga more than they have, but we have held them back out of respect for AB.

With Mayock throwing down the gauntlet yesterday, clearly signaling everyone is tired of AB and his antics, I wonder if on the next episode we will see more reaction from the staff and players on how this whole situation has effected them. 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

NFL Films has reportedly been frustrated by Mike Mayock and the Raiders not being the most forthcoming organization during their filming. I feel like they could be digging way more into this AB saga more than they have, but we have held them back out of respect for AB.

With Mayock throwing down the gauntlet yesterday, clearly signaling everyone is tired of AB and his antics, I wonder if on the next episode we will see more reaction from the staff and players on how this whole situation has effected them. 

Interesting thought to say the least. I'll keep a close eye on this now.

They should of saved us for Vegas. At least they could show the world the state of the art stadium during Pre Season and show some players walking the strip or something. 

This has been a dull two episodes and I don’t expect much more. Probably exactly how Mayock and Gruden wanted it though. 

Waller looks like he’s been balling out. Another so-so episode but I like the energy Gruden brings to this football team. Carr said he’s reading defenses easier and looks good. I mean, he at least looks 20x better than Glennon or Peterman but that’s not saying much. Hopefully AB plays against Green Bay and they get some real-game chemistry. 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I never really watch Hark Knocks.... what was everyone expecting to see? people are saying so-so

I was hoping to see more of the defense in that game. They completely shut down Murray, I’d love to have seen more trash talking swagger. The defense is obviously the weakness of the team and I’d love to see them play with confidence. I could honestly do with less AB considering how much we already see of him in the media. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Waller looks like he’s been balling out. Another so-so episode but I like the energy Gruden brings to this football team. Carr said he’s reading defenses easier and looks good. I mean, he at least looks 20x better than Glennon or Peterman but that’s not saying much. Hopefully AB plays against Green Bay and they get some real-game chemistry. 

They've already said most of the starters won't be playing.

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I never really watch Hark Knocks.... what was everyone expecting to see? people are saying so-so

I freaking love this season.  I've never watched it before but how could I not watch it during the one season they have the Raiders on it.  That Frank Caliendo piece was hilarious.  That interview with D. Waller was great.  I'm pulling for him.  Great season so far, hate that they don't do this every year honestly lol.

• Like 1

I know most love Abram but I find his obsession with money a huge red flag. Even in the draft process before we drafted him, all this dude talked about was money. Sure, everyone thinks it, but don’t be so vocal about it.

If he turns out to be even remotely good he will want to be the highest paid safety in the game in 5 years. For a box safety, no thanks. I’ll save that money for Mullen who I think will be a stud at a way more important position.