2019 Hard Knocks: Oakland Raiders

Frankie2Gunz

11 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Abram is a total cartoon. Loved his and Gruden's exchange. The sled with Madden was cool too. I wanna see some Renfrow next. Joyner too. Carr & Moreau were funny too. DC seems different now. A little more confident, I think. Let's get it.

I'd have to imagine he has all the fuel, fire, and grudgetastic motivation he would ever need after the off season he's had.  Dissed by the media at every turn. Portrayed as a scared little baby in the pocket. A lot of his own fan base calling for him to be replaced. 

Abrams seems to be getting a little heat on twitter from the way he looked on hard knocks. I personally didn't have an issue with it. The only thing that I can say I didn't like is when he didn't seem to realize that Gruden was being serious. But dude is a talker and I wonder if that will get under the vets skin.

First I really enjoyed the episode and found some stuff encouraging and really two things that bothered me.  

Gruden - I really liked flip side character of what he normally is on TV.  I like coaches that draw lines in the sand and hold the players accountable.

Abrams - he is young so he is going to ryb some people the wrong way but if he plays the way a practices his outgoing personalty will be seen as a positive.  He just needs to prove himself and mature a little.

Davis - Seemed fine and I do not expect much from someone with that haircut.

Carr - His head seems to be in a good place and hopefully he is there psychologically.  He has the physical skills.

My only issue is Ferrell.  I like him personally but he seems to lack athleticism.  Al Davis use to say he could watch a player walk and he could tell if he had what it takes physically.  Ferrell looks like he has heavy feet and lacks fast twitch muscle fibers.  I hope I am wrong but the more I see from him the more it looks that way to me.  Maybe he just needs a to focus on strength and conditioning but it could also just be that he is not a twitchy athlete.  If the latter is the case then he has an up hill battle in front of him to reach the expectations of being the 4th overall pick.

Last I want to slap some sense into the creator of the Autumn Wind remix.  Somethings you just do not try and change.

Edited by drfrey13

Ferrell is not a sudden, quick player...he is not an athlete at DE, he is a football player. He plays with high motor, with good football IQ, with preparation and with good snap anticipation. Most people who expects him to be a Von Miller will be dissappointed, he won't be a speed guy in the NFL...he wasn't a speed guy in college. With that said he can be a complete DE and a strong, good one. Worth the 4th overall pick? That is just a fan question IMO...if he can be a quality starter and a regular 8+ sack guy we should love to have him regardless of his draft position...

Ideally we can pair him up with quicker guy in the future, but keep in mind that PG like his DE to be complete guys, not just fast sack artists. Ferrell could very well be our Carlos Dunlap, hopefully a bit more that that.

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

Ferrell is not a sudden, quick player...he is not an athlete at DE, he is a football player. He plays with high motor, with good football IQ, with preparation and with good snap anticipation. Most people who expects him to be a Von Miller will be dissappointed, he won't be a speed guy in the NFL...he wasn't a speed guy in college. With that said he can be a complete DE and a strong, good one. Worth the 4th overall pick? That is just a fan question IMO...if he can be a quality starter and a regular 8+ sack guy we should love to have him regardless of his draft position...

Ideally we can pair him up with quicker guy in the future, but keep in mind that PG like his DE to be complete guys, not just fast sack artists. Ferrell could very well be our Carlos Dunlap, hopefully a bit more that that.

I like Ferrell and think he is a good addition t the team but my point was him being able to live up to the #4 overall pick.  I do not see it happening but hope I am wrong.  Athletically and motor he is Tyler Brayton.  I hope his other none measurables can make up for it.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2019 at 2:53 AM, agarcia34 said:

Abrams seems to be getting a little heat on twitter from the way he looked on hard knocks. I personally didn't have an issue with it. The only thing that I can say I didn't like is when he didn't seem to realize that Gruden was being serious. But dude is a talker and I wonder if that will get under the vets skin.

Just watched the first episode and I found it very entertaining. Abrams is clearly trying hard to be the star of the show, maybe a little too hard. I found his interaction with Gruden a little cringy, maybe he should just ease back a little until he's proved something on the field in real games.

Pity we couldn't see a little more of the DL and how they're coming along, particularly guys like Key, Hurst and Hall. Gruden came over very well I thought after fearing the worst :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Just watched the first episode and I found it very entertaining. Abrams is clearly trying hard to be the star of the show, maybe a little too hard. I found his interaction with Gruden a little cringy, maybe he should just ease back a little until he's proved something on the field in real games.

Pity we couldn't see a little more of the DL and how they're coming along, particularly guys like Key, Hurst and Hall. Gruden came over very well I thought after fearing the worst :D

Honestly, I think he was just playing with Gruden. What made me cringe way harder was him at dinner. Talking about Carr's money was so cringe. I hate when my friends act like that and this dude did it on HBO lol. And what was worse was his insistence on mispronouncing Salmon. How in the world are you not familiar with that word or food? Its available like everywhere.

On 8/7/2019 at 11:39 AM, true2form said:

I'd have to imagine he has all the fuel, fire, and grudgetastic motivation he would ever need after the off season he's had.  Dissed by the media at every turn. Portrayed as a scared little baby in the pocket. A lot of his own fan base calling for him to be replaced. 

I wanna see him channel it. I still am a believer.

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Honestly, I think he was just playing with Gruden. What made me cringe way harder was him at dinner. Talking about Carr's money was so cringe. I hate when my friends act like that and this dude did it on HBO lol. And what was worse was his insistence on mispronouncing Salmon. How in the world are you not familiar with that word or food? Its available like everywhere.

Yeh, that was a little like watching The Office or something, Carr came across really well too I thought but Abram made it very awkward for him in that scene. I can't say I've ever heard anyone ever pronounce salmon any differently than what it is O.o

Hopefully they shine the spotlight on someone else a little more next episode.

On 8/7/2019 at 10:55 PM, drfrey13 said:

First I really enjoyed the episode and found some stuff encouraging and really two things that bothered me.  

Gruden - I really liked flip side character of what he normally is on TV.  I like coaches that draw lines in the sand and hold the players accountable.

Abrams - he is young so he is going to ryb some people the wrong way but if he plays the way a practices his outgoing personalty will be seen as a positive.  He just needs to prove himself and mature a little.

Davis - Seemed fine and I do not expect much from someone with that haircut.

Carr - His head seems to be in a good place and hopefully he is there psychologically.  He has the physical skills.

My only issue is Ferrell.  I like him personally but he seems to lack athleticism.  Al Davis use to say he could watch a player walk and he could tell if he had what it takes physically.  Ferrell looks like he has heavy feet and lacks fast twitch muscle fibers.  I hope I am wrong but the more I see from him the more it looks that way to me.  Maybe he just needs a to focus on strength and conditioning but it could also just be that he is not a twitchy athlete.  If the latter is the case then he has an up hill battle in front of him to reach the expectations of being the 4th overall pick.

Last I want to slap some sense into the creator of the Autumn Wind remix.  Somethings you just do not try and change.

Are you talking about the Hard Knocks/Autumn Wind mashup? Because that was dope as heck.