DaBoys

Season Expectations pt. 2: Byron Jones

Season expectations for Byron Jones?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Season expectations for Byron Jones?

• He will actually improve upon 2018. He was lockdown in coverage, and this year he will sustain that, but add interceptions to his game.
    • He will sustain what he did in 2018. He can't really get better, and he was never a ball hawk so the interception numbers will stay next to nothing.
    • He will suffer a slight drop off. There isn't really anywhere to go but down. Expectations are high, but I feel he will somewhat regress towards the mean, while still playing mostly solid.
    • Big drop off. He was on top last year, but every year is different. With WRs able to study him at CB now he isn't surprising anyone.

Part two of this will feature a 2018 breakout defender Byron Jones.

I voted sustain. He isn't a ball hawk. He may luck into a pick or two but he is never going to be a leader in that area.

That said I think Richard's scheme is a safety net for Byron. I don't think we will see a drop off at all. He really only has to defend two routes(in his words). So I expect him to maintain his high level of play.

As long as the hip surgery went well, and according to him he is ahead of schedule.

He'll be on par to 2018 and price himself out of Dallas. Really annoying that Dallas wasted 3/5ths of his career at safety. 

I went with a slight regression - just because I felt like he struggled a bit more towards the end of the season. I think he'll still be a good, if not great cornerback, but he looked like the most lockdown guy in the game for the first ten weeks or so last year.

I think a slight regression.

Something in my gut just says Chido out plays him and Byron gets picked on more.

It's all depends on the dline if they're able to put pressure on the QB and force him into errant throws then everyone's INTs will go up. 

A little worried about the hip here- important body part for high end CB play. Otherwise he’s phenomenal

If we let him hit the open market next year I swear to god

I think he basically stays right in line with what he did last year. I expect bigger things from Awuzie.

I voted for slight drop off. He isn't a ballhawk and after hip surgery I can't see him repeating his 2018 season.