Madden 20

Cheesehawk

Just now, Danger said:

Sounds like people are going through the annual cycle of not realizing the bad portions of the game yet. Don't worry, in time this game will be just as bad as Madden 18 and Madden 19

Thanks for stopping in! Bye!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Thanks for stopping in! Bye!

Look, I really hope EA actually puts out a good product, but unless it proves that at least 2 months after release that it stands up to the test of being played by the masses, I would suggest holding off. I won't knock those who get the game and continue to enjoy it, but if there's even the tiniest bit of doubt in someones mind they should wait. 

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

Look, I really hope EA actually puts out a good product, but unless it proves that at least 2 months after release that it stands up to the test of being played by the masses, I would suggest holding off. I won't knock those who get the game and continue to enjoy it, but if there's even the tiniest bit of doubt in someones mind they should wait. M

Me too brother, me too 

13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I just simmed a full season and did 1 draft in franchise mode, here are my early thoughts:

- the scouting presentation and mechanics are the same as they’ve been for the past few years.  Only difference I noticed is that I was finding prospects projected to go in the 4th or 5th round having a 1st round grade.  In years past you would never see a guy rated higher than 1 round where he was projected.  So that had me excited that I could maybe get some late round steals, but once the draft came all of those guys were gone before the end of the 2nd round.  Somewhat disappointing but it does make scouting more relevant to ID those players.

- The #1 overall selection in the draft I did was only 77 ovr.  A lot of the players in the 2nd round and later were in the mid 60s or worse.  They have definitely shifted the OVRs downward.

- If you draft a player with normal development it just tells you immediately.  My two first round picks currently have unknown potential and will only be revealed after they’ve played 500 snaps (Dwayne Haskins had this too, he hit 500 snaps around midseason).  I don’t know if these players are guaranteed to either be Star or Superstar at this point or whether they are still at risk of falling to normal development.  I was unable to land anything other than normal development after the first round and I had 14 draft picks.

- The offseason is the same format it’s been for years.  5 weeks of FA and scouting then the draft.

- As far as sim stats Brady led the league in passing with around 4,700 passing yards.  Zeke led with 1,600 rushing.  The top WR had around only 1,400 yards. Aaron Donald led the league with 17 sacks.  Nothing looked crazy stat wise.

edit: a few more

- the did add some small stuff like coordinators coming to you weekly with goals that can earn you extra XP, and I had some players coming to me with requests like get me the ball more and stuff like that.  If you did it they got xp and a morale boost. 

- My first impression of the XP system this year is that on the default xp slide my players felt like they were leveling too quickly. 

I watched a 5 year rebuild video on youtube yesterday of the Giants. Like you said, minor differences in the scouting. 

I have to say from what I watched, I think the 500 snaps will hopefully be adjusted. A couple times the guy ended up drafting someone who was like 62 overall but had a hidden development. It's gonna take more than a year to get 500 snaps with that player lol I guess that's the point, takes longer to find out what you have in later round picks.... I'll have to get my hands on the system to see if I like it

22 minutes ago, showtime said:

I was just thinking, it would be really cool for this game and other sports titles to have cross play.  We're seeing that with Call of Duty this year and I think it's a massive step forward and it's much needed for the game.

It's embarrassing for sports games to not have cross play honestly. Has to be coming 

26 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I watched a 5 year rebuild video on youtube yesterday of the Giants. Like you said, minor differences in the scouting. 

I have to say from what I watched, I think the 500 snaps will hopefully be adjusted. A couple times the guy ended up drafting someone who was like 62 overall but had a hidden development. It's gonna take more than a year to get 500 snaps with that player lol I guess that's the point, takes longer to find out what you have in later round picks.... I'll have to get my hands on the system to see if I like it

Preseason snaps count which helps.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Preseason snaps count which helps.

Yeah I know, I will definitely still sim those tho. Can't imagine you could see if the unknown player has any superstar traits by just playing with him, so I don't see a benefit besides constantly subbing him in 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Sounds like people are going through the annual cycle of not realizing the bad portions of the game yet. Don't worry, in time this game will be just as bad as Madden 18 and Madden 19

I only played 2 games but so far the gameplay was noticeably better than last years imo.  Passing felt more natural and I was actually able to run the ball.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I only played 2 games but so far the gameplay was noticeably better than last years imo.  Passing felt more natural and I was actually able to run the ball.

I am cautiously optimistic. From watching gameplay it seems like they genuinely improved the passing trajectories, and the running looked better. Not a lot better, but better. 

24 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You're on PS4 right? We gonna do a franchise this year or what you weenie

I've never done a solo offline franchise.  How do you guys do it?  Is it just simming all the games and making all the decisions as far as draft, scouting, free agency, etc like you're the GM?  Or do you guys actually play the games + do all the other stuff?

I'm starting to enjoy playing games at my own pace now.  Getting a Switch made me realize that playing games offline and getting into details, exploring, etc is really fun.  I stopped doing that for years on the Xbox and PS4 because so many games are focused online.

18 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've never done a solo offline franchise.  How do you guys do it?  Is it just simming all the games and making all the decisions as far as draft, scouting, free agency, etc like you're the GM?  Or do you guys actually play the games + do all the other stuff?

I'm starting to enjoy playing games at my own pace now.  Getting a Switch made me realize that playing games offline and getting into details, exploring, etc is really fun.  I stopped doing that for years on the Xbox and PS4 because so many games are focused online.

It's the same as an online franchise, essentially. Do you mean like what @MKnight82 does and tracks all his decisions to follow?

I always have a league with @biggio7 where we usually sim the first year and then play every game for a few years. 

I do solo ones where I sim all games except the superbowl (if I'm in it). I also did a trackable league on here (that I'm sure I will do again this year once the 5th year rookie options are added in) that I sim. 

In all leagues I do, I am the owner so I have full control. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showtime said:

In Madden I usually play every other regular season game and all playoff games.  Or sometimes I’ll just do whole sim leagues.

• Like 1